Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Vitooch's NBA Fantasy Sleepers

Nicholas Batum - young player with a ton of upside, which is exactly what you want in fantasy sports. After re-signing with the Trailblazers this season, he will be an integral part of this offense moving forward. A well rounded player who can average 20 points/game this season, with a bunch of rebounds and 2-3 three pointers. Ranked 40 overall, I will be make sure to sweep him up perhaps in the 3rd round.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

good material. Where is the best site to play fantasy basketball? Played on yahoo before but didn't really get into it

Vitooch
    Dayman

Haven't done fantasy basketball in a while so I'm not too sure. I like the setup of espn more than yahoo but it's really just a preference. Trying to prepare for my fantasy draft so if anyone has any other sleepers drop a name

Vitooch
    Dayman

Goran Dragic- First full year as starter with a ton of upside. Very well rounded point guard.

Damian Hillard- Exciting rookie who is an early candidate for ROY.

Royce White- A bit of a heacase (anxiety issues) but an absolute beast. Will get you lots of rebounds, lots of blocks. Great bench player for deeper leagues.

Kyrie Irving - Tough to consider this guy a sleeper, but his upside and potential to make another massive leap this year seems eminent. This guy has all the potential in the world and could be the breakout star this season.

Kenneth Faired- Was an absolute monster on the boards in his rookie year. Steal in later rounds.

OJ Mayo- With Dirk having surgery that will sideline him about 7 weeks, OJ will be a major focal point of that offense.

Brandon Knight, Jrue Holiday, Greivis Vasquez, Isaiah Thomas- point guard position is incredibly deep this year

Greg Monroe - Was a fantastic fantasy center in the 2nd half of last season. A potential top 7, even top 5 fantasy center this season

Derrick Favors, Bismack Biyombo, Gustavo Ayon, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist

If I had one piece of advice for people drafting is make sure you draft a shooting guard early. It is clearly the most shallow position so make sure to stock up on guys like Harden, Oj Mayo, Affalo, Batum, Thorton, Terry early because the position gets ugly.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Goran Dragic- First full year as starter with a ton of upside. Very well rounded point guard.

Damian Hillard- Exciting rookie who is an early candidate for ROY.

Royce White- A bit of a heacase (anxiety issues) but an absolute beast. Will get you lots of rebounds, lots of blocks. Great bench player for deeper leagues.

Kyrie Irving - Tough to consider this guy a sleeper, but his upside and potential to make another massive leap this year seems eminent. This guy has all the potential in the world and could be the breakout star this season.

Kenneth Faired- Was an absolute monster on the boards in his rookie year. Steal in later rounds.

OJ Mayo- With Dirk having surgery that will sideline him about 7 weeks, OJ will be a major focal point of that offense.

Brandon Knight, Jrue Holiday, Greivis Vasquez, Isaiah Thomas- point guard position is incredibly deep this year

Greg Monroe - Was a fantastic fantasy center in the 2nd half of last season. A potential top 7, even top 5 fantasy center this season

Derrick Favors, Bismack Biyombo, Gustavo Ayon, Michael-Kidd Gilchrist

If I had one piece of advice for people drafting is make sure you draft a shooting guard early. It is clearly the most shallow position so make sure to stock up on guys like Harden, Oj Mayo, Affalo, Batum, Thorton, Terry early because the position gets ugly.

dont follow NBA, hard to believe SG has got to be a shallow position. How times have changed

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Good info. The 2 spot has some great players at the top tier but after that like you said a lot of meh.

Be careful of taking Royce White too early and look for Derrick Williams to put up solid numbers with Love on the shelf.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Good advice on Derrick Williams. Will definitely take more notice of him.

Well I did a few mock drafts and basically went against my advice. In the first round, I wouldn't really focus on the position of the player. Pick a foundational player you think will produce huge numbers consistently and lead your team to victory. In the first round I really love Westbrook. I think he's going to have a breakout years. Maybe lead the league in points per game, and gives you assists, rebounds and lots of steals.

Vitooch
    Dayman

I've noticed, not surprisingly, that people love to take recognizable players way too early and less recognizable players way too late! Not saying to never take players that are popular, but don't be afraid to take someone like Bismack Biyombo over Elton Brand! For example, here are some players taken over Ersan Ilysova and Kenneth Faried in a mock draft I just did: Gerald Wallace, Brook Lopez, Tyson Chandler. As long as you do a little more research on the players and are prepared you can get incredible value for all of your picks. We all know what a guy like Jameer Nelson is capable of, so why take him over a guy like Damian Hillard who's upside is so much more significant.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Wallace, Lopez and Chandler add very little in terms of fantasy numbers. Jerrod Bayless is a guy to look at late in draft or waivers. He can get to the rim at will and should get a chance to play a lot of minutes as the first guard off bench in Memphis.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Batum had a team-high 27 points (9-15 FG, 4-4 FT) and five three-pointers in 28 minutes Monday as Portland defeated Utah, 120-114.
    Spin:
    Batum also added three steals, two rebounds, and two assists, versus four turnovers, to round out his stat line. We should note that his outing transpired in the absence of LaMarcus Aldridge (rest) from the starting lineup, so Batum likely felt obliged to be more aggressive on the offensive end. In the first half alone, he scored in transition, off of single and double screens, and via post-up jumper, which is a new wrinkle in his arsenal this season and should complement his perimeter and slashing game quite well in his attempt to uphold the four-year, $46.5 million contract he negotiated in the summer.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Lillard shined during Monday's exhibition win, scoring 21 points (6-8 FG, 3-4 3Pt, 6-7 FT) and dishing out eight assists (versus six turnovers) in 33 minutes as Portland defeated Utah, 120-114.
    Spin:
    Lillard, who posted four rebounds and two steals as well, actually endured a slow start due to two early fouls, sending him to the bench. However, he put on a clinic in the second quarter upon his return, accruing 11 points on a perfect 5-of-5 from the floor. While the six turnovers is a concern -- especially since a handful were a result of Lillard trying too hard to make a great play -- he seems set to take the NBA by storm as a rookie and impress everyone who crosses his path.

Vitooch
    Dayman

One more player before I forget...

Harrison Barnes! Promising rookie set to start for the GSW. Has had an excellent preseason. You can get this guy cheap too! Definitely worth a late round pick.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Waiver Wire Pickups:

Jonas Val (C., Raptors) - should have been drafted, but if he's available absolutely pick him up. Contributes in points and especially rebounds.

Al-Faroq Aminu - Has improved greatly in the points category so far, and he contributes in different stat categories.

Greivis Vasquez - Another guy that should have been drafted. Good double double guy (10 assists, 10 points). Plays intelligently.

Gerald Green - Will fill in nicely at the number 2 while Granger is out. Not great tonight but will improve.

Vitooch
    Dayman

Also Parsons on Rockets - gets alot of minutes and contributes in a bunch of categories

Vitooch
    Dayman

Batum! Faired! Lillard! (did I really say Hillard?)