GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Those playing FF, do you play the "big-names" each week, or the best potential player

Serious question.

Obviously, you're playing the guys you drafted early, as they are the "big-names" that I speak about, e.g. Fitzgerald, or do you play each week differently depending on your roster and the matchups presented? Probably most just play the "big-names" each week without thinking twice, because in a way they're forced to. This is just one of the many headaches associated with fantasy football.

The one person this applies to me with is damn Fitzgerald. Do I play Fitzgerald tomorrow or Aldrick Robinson (because the Bengals allowed Weeden to throw for 322 yards with 2TDs after coming off a 4picks no TDs performance )

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I try to stick with consistent players. Like in your situation I'd take Fitz without a question. I can't trust guys like Aldrick Robinson who are boom or bust.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I try to stick with consistent players. Like in your situation I'd take Fitz without a question. I can't trust guys like Aldrick Robinson who are boom or bust.
    Dude, fitz gave me a whopping 6 pts last two weeks. Robinson on the other hand is blowing the top off the defenses, and just simply not holding onto the damn ball for the easy td!! There's more potential with Aldrick, at least this week alone. Fitz has shit qb and shit rb (or OL same problem).

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11189

I will most likely go with the name players too. I would start Fitz over Robinson. Good luck though.

veeds1690
    veeds1690's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 624

Fitz

jeepsguy004
    jeepsguy004's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

It is hard to go away from the name players. But the thing is if you can find mismatches in which means benching your top name players against guys no one has ever heard is what makes fantasy teams successful. Others might not agree with you playing a guy like Robinson but if he has a solid day and outperforms that big name player you will start to earn more and more respect in your league as a team to watch out for. Good Luck with your choice today I haven't looked at either guy so I couldn't help you on who to play.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

I started Andre Brown over Chris Johnson this week. Perfect storm of a favorable match up for Brown and very underachieving 1st round fantasy pick to say the least.

MexicanStallion
    MexicanStallion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11189

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    I started Andre Brown over Chris Johnson this week. Perfect storm of a favorable match up for Brown and very underachieving 1st round fantasy pick to say the least.
    Nice play. That's one exception I was thinking about named person. I never want to own CJ, because I've never been a fan and especially after last season.

Robinson has a 0 today though. Hopefully you stuck with Fitz.

GamblerSpirit

Quote Originally Posted by MexicanStallion View Post

Robinson has a 0 today though. Hopefully you stuck with Fitz.
    No, I just sat CJ0K. Not regretting anything. I'm leading my matchup so I'm not even mad.

Bigbill365
    Big Money Bettors
    Bigbill365's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1016

i started fitz he has 16 points so far but im still down 26 points