ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

T. Rich for S.Jackson

Who gets the better deal? Big move that I want to make.

Points for agreeing with me and not knowing it.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I think S. Jackson is better end of deal right now. He is still a huge part of that offense and a proven commodity. Richardson hasn't even taken a snap in pre-season, so who knows not only if he'll be healthy, but also how productive he'll be even if he is healthy!

I'm going w/ the proven commodity here easy. IMHO.
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave infamousbacardi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog gave infamousbacardi 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whoever gets Stephen Jackson is getting the better end of that deal, and it's not close.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3364

Would take Jackson easily at this point.
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Easy-Rider 66 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

i would take trent richardson just for his adp vs steven jackson. it all depends who you have on your team. trent richardson has more upside but you know what you are getting with steven jackson. if you don't have a rb2 potential on your bench i'd stick with steven jackson but if you have someone on your bench with rb2 potential, i'd definitely take richardson since i like to gamble...

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Trent Richardson is behind a team that will be trailing in many games. He may have a couple 80 yds and 1 TD games...

Bradford has looked a lot better, S Jax always get yards, but never TDs. Now, Bradford will move them into red zone, I see S JAX being very good this year

S Jackson is a top 10 RB

Rich prob 20
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave BigDeem5 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Marauders
    Marauders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

I have to go with the more proven guy right now in S. Jackson. BOL in your draft!
    Points Awarded:

ChalkyDog gave Marauders 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    I think S. Jackson is better end of deal right now. He is still a huge part of that offense and a proven commodity. Richardson hasn't even taken a snap in pre-season, so who knows not only if he'll be healthy, but also how productive he'll be even if he is healthy!

I'm going w/ the proven commodity here easy. IMHO.
    My thoughts exactly. That and I can easily handcuff S.Jax. Also in the much easier defensive conference. Also - Jackson is a solid receiving threat, meaning even if they are behind - they don't abandon him completely.

T.Rich has upside, but I hate rookie RB's. And this is a 14 team league - so unfortunately this is for my RB1. Want proven commodity.

I am stacked at WR: Jones, Harvin, Dez, Torrey Smith.

RB's: T.Rich (soon to be S.Jax), Greene, Brown, Ridley, Mendenhall, (soon to be Pead).

I feel this move can really help solidify a playoff contender.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Whoever gets Stephen Jackson is getting the better end of that deal, and it's not close.
    No idea why I can't give you the point.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

well looking at your team, steven jackson is the better option. just wondering why did you draft richardson in the second round when you coulda got jackson in the third round...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jackson much better
    He basically is whole team when healthy

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Ridley good sleeper this year...your team looks pretty good, in particular if you add S-Jax

jrmartin.mig
    jrmartin.mig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9124

Find out who took Doug Martin and try and convince them to dump for either one of them. He will be a great sleeper pick.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Jackson....
    Action on Jackson.

RyanLeafOfBets
    Team Dexter
    RyanLeafOfBets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

It depends... if you're getting Richardson, do you have enough RB depth where you can sit him week 1 and possibly week 2 until he's 100%?

I think from week 3 on, Richardson could have a better year. However, Jackson apparently is in the best shape of his life.

I'd prefer to have Jackson personally, but I think Richardson will have a very solid year as well.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR

Quote Originally Posted by jrmartin.mig View Post
    Find out who took Doug Martin and try and convince them to dump for either one of them. He will be a great sleeper pick.
    how can you call him a sleeper when he's going in the 3rd round? sleepers are more like rbs picked after the 6th round.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I wouldn't touch T Rich at this point, would definitely stick with S Jack. You know what u get with him. If he stays healthy he is a top 4 RB in the league.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    well looking at your team, steven jackson is the better option. just wondering why did you draft richardson in the second round when you coulda got jackson in the third round...
    That is exactly what happened. I had to do wedding shit, and as a result had some guy draft for me - he did the first 4 rds and then I showed up.

1st rd: Rodgers
    2nd rd: Trent
    3rd rd: Jones
    4th rd: Harvin

The guy who drafted for me is the guy I am trading. He views it as getting my 2nd rd for his 3rd rd pick.

Rankings be damned and draft be damned - I view S.Jax as an upgrade. I bet the league is going to have a shit fit though.
    Last edited by ChalkyDog; 08-27-12 at 02:45 PM.

ChalkyDog

Quote Originally Posted by RyanLeafOfBets View Post
    It depends... if you're getting Richardson, do you have enough RB depth where you can sit him week 1 and possibly week 2 until he's 100%?

I think from week 3 on, Richardson could have a better year. However, Jackson apparently is in the best shape of his life.

I'd prefer to have Jackson personally, but I think Richardson will have a very solid year as well.
    This is just it - my RB situation is garbage. I am stock piled with a bunch of RB 3's and a fringe RB 2 in Greene.

I am really high on Jackson this year - have him ranked 8th.

The other choices I could have traded for were Adrian Peterson or Ryan Matthews. Both amazing talents - both not exactly the people I want to count on as my RB1. Jackson I am fine with.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I would take Jackson no questions asked

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

SJax unless it's a keeper.

gamble
    gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3984

definitely sjax in my opinion, a lot of people are down on him but he has been very consistent for years now. I am a Rams fan but the rams leading all time rusher would be the call for me and its not that close

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Chalky I read some of your comments in another thread and I had to say "this guy gets it". You know your stuff and I wanted to complement you. In reality you are asking lesser people for an opinion and you should probably trust your own judgement.

Jackson is obviously a better option. I think the Rams should be competitive this year with Fisher as a head coach and Bradford coming back. The Browns have no shot this year, they won't even compete.

Neither guys really has a backup that should push him which is good.
    StL offense should be better.

I saw somebody breakdown the performance of RB's drafted in the top 10 over the past decade or so. Even though ESPN might give all these guys accolades, "best RB in a generation etc.", top 10 RB's don't have the production to match. Those guys were all "studs" at a transferable position. The odds are against Richardson.

Resler
    Resler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 57

Depends if it is a keeper league or not. Keeper league it is T. Rich and not even close.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

very equal players IMO, I'd lean towards Richardson but his health is a concern

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    very equal players IMO, I'd lean towards Richardson but his health is a concern
    equal players? LOL right.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

sjax not the same player he used to be but can knock down a three when you need a big shot

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4663

Steven Jackson. Teams will stack the box against the Browns. Plus Trent Richardson already having knee issues. You will also have a better handcuff in Isaiah Pead.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

looker