HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0
    HoldEmHook!!'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Clowney's Delay...do ya agree or not.

I personaly feel the better the prospect the more hype, pomp, and circumstance the individuals are allowed. With that said all recruits should have to declare thier intentions by a certain date, period. Taking 2 additional weeks is pathetic. These kids are treated like royalty and enough is enough. Whomever doesnt sign by a pre-established date i.e. "signing day" should have to wait a whole year and try again. The schools in the Clowney lottery are held hostage with that one scholarship while they could have been activly persuing a different player....just my take

RPP
    RPP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

He should take as long as he needs to make the right decision. The school he picks will make millions off his hard work.

WorkHorse
    WorkHorse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horsehockey....the kid gets a chance to better himself. FREE college education...FREE books....FREE meals....FREE board....FREE tutoring.........Goddamn free ride and you liberal artist CRY. OK, he stays home and works in a Hardees.

Sick of you liberal bastards....if not sports...where do the majority of these kids wind up.

TELL US "AL GORE" GLOBAL WARMING SHITHEATS.

Sorry General...just couldn't resist. No harm meant sir.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

hope you feel better now that you've gotten this off your chest... just dont go on a shooting spree
    Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Horsehockey....the kid gets a chance to better himself. FREE college education...FREE books....FREE meals....FREE board....FREE tutoring.........Goddamn free ride and you liberal artist CRY. OK, he stays home and works in a Hardees.

Sick of you liberal bastards....if not sports...where do the majority of these kids wind up.

TELL US "AL GORE" GLOBAL WARMING SHITHEATS.

Sorry General...just couldn't resist. No harm meant sir.

DeluxeLiner
    DeluxeLiner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

If it is not all about him being narcissistic it's smart to see the lay of the land and try and find what he thinks the best fit personel and system wise is for him to shine. ESPN insider had an article recently about the last 25 years of top rated high school prospects and probably most those guys flamed out (had no NFL or insignificant NFL tenure)

WorkHorse

My bad to all Mr. M. (**** gobal warning)

This is a 17 not 18 year old kid. He is getting hammered right/left/center and doesn't have a fucken clue.

Hope he has some smart advisors looking out for HIM and not other interest.

Mr. D is correct, many times its a crapshoot with these guys...I kinda think this kid is a player.

WorkHorse

Mendoza..Your other network is good stuff and we appreciate your interest.

SBR is just a little better....especially during the off season.

We don't dance around college football...it's a long haul for all of us.

Thanks for your interest in SBR.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The kid had all winter to make up his mind. I have noticed that kids like him, who delay their decisions, often do not fare real well in College. Look at Bryce Brown. Another kid who could not make up his mind, and he has gone nowheres. Now he is at K-State, a school that will go nowheres in the Big 12-2. This kid is going to get a free ride. Do not forget all of the "perks" along with everything else Workhorse mentioned.

If I were a head coach, I would be very leary of kids who have had months, if not a year, to make up their minds. Indecision on this issue indicates someone who cannot make up their minds. That is not the type of persin I want on the playing field. Indecision is a killer on the field.

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

He should decide when he is ready. Period.

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Don't blame him, remember National Signing day is the FIRST DAY of the signing period, not the last. BDQH, you're assuming he doesn't already know where he wants to go and he's just living on the hype. If he is still genuinely deciding where he wants to go, then yeah his loyalty is probably going to impair his playing ability.

You think football is bad, look at basketball! They don't have a national signing day because there's also a late signing period. And now kids are trying to get away with committing without even signing a letter of intent at all.

At least with football the kids know who has gone pro before signing day. Basketball players don't even know who is going pro during the late signing period even with the NCAA's earlier deadline. A deadline that if Dee Bost of Mississippi State is any indication the NCAA has no intention of enforcing.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I agree that NCAA Hoops is a mess. Basically, you are signing a kid for one or two years, if they are really good. I also think that you are comparing apples to oranges. It is totally different in Football.

Remember, I think that the whole signing day thing is basically a "made for ESPN" show. We all know that if 25% of these kids make it and are good, it would be a great recruiting day. I think it is a lot more important what the coaches do with the kids who manage to survive the summer than anything else.

MendozaLine
    MendozaLine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WorkHorse View Post
    Mendoza..Your other network is good stuff and we appreciate your interest.

SBR is just a little better....especially during the off season.

We don't dance around college football...it's a long haul for all of us.

Thanks for your interest in SBR.

Dukebluejms
    Dukebluejms's Avatar Become A Pro!

I find it hard to believe that Clowney doesn't already know where he is going. He just wants to do it when all the attention is on him. But whatever. All of these players have humongous egos.

wookieehumper
    wookieehumper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by Dukebluejms View Post
    I find it hard to believe that Clowney doesn't already know where he is going. He just wants to do it when all the attention is on him. But whatever. All of these players have humongous egos.
    I agree, he has to have his mind made up by now... he's just delaying his announcement so the spotlight is on him.

bacon22
    bacon22's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1279

He should get as long as he wants. The real problem here is the schools that offer someone, they accept and then "higher caliber" players commit too. Then the school pulls the off for the first kid. Purdue just pulled an offer from a kid that is hurt. I understand that this is a business. They should be athlete students instead of the reverse. However, even though it’s all about the money, I think college athletes should not be paid. As soon as you pay them you take away pride. In my opinion, that is what is lacking from pro sports and makes college better.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

College hoops are screwed up,,,,,well because its not football...just kidding.....really NCAA basketball should have the same rule as football. Cant leave untill your class completes its junior year.

HoldEmHook!!
    BAMA 70 Auburn 0

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The kid had all winter to make up his mind. I have noticed that kids like him, who delay their decisions, often do not fare real well in College. Look at Bryce Brown. Another kid who could not make up his mind, and he has gone nowheres. Now he is at K-State, a school that will go nowheres in the Big 12-2. This kid is going to get a free ride. Do not forget all of the "perks" along with everything else Workhorse mentioned.

If I were a head coach, I would be very leary of kids who have had months, if not a year, to make up their minds. Indecision on this issue indicates someone who cannot make up their minds. That is not the type of persin I want on the playing field. Indecision is a killer on the field.
    AMEN.....they have long enough to decide, All the people who say "take as long as you want or need" are probably the same people who bitched enough to get corpral punishment removed from school. Enough is enough,