Sat, Sep 27 Alabama * WIN
    Sat, Oct 11 Tennessee * WIN
    Sat, Oct 18 Vanderbilt * WIN
    Sat, Oct 25 at LSU *
    Sat, Nov 01 at Florida *
    Sat, Nov 08 at Kentucky * WIN
    Sat, Nov 15 at Auburn *
    Sat, Nov 29 Georgia Tech WIN

Thats 8 games they won't lose, and they are more talented than Auburn, LSU and Arizona State with Florida being a toss up.

uscfootball33
    uscfootball33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 828

Never bet on an SEC team to win over 9 games. That's a law. In addition, you have South Carolina and Tennessee as sure wins, which is a laughable assumption. Those two teams beat UGA last year.

jtuck
    jtuck's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by uscfootball33 View Post
    Never bet on an SEC team to win over 9 games. That's a law. In addition, you have South Carolina and Tennessee as sure wins, which is a laughable assumption. Those two teams beat UGA last year.
    I'll take your advice then, i wasnt betting last football season and still have alot to learn.

uscfootball33

That's cool buddy, I just don't want you to put your money at too high of risk. There is no question that UGA is a very good football team, but they have a tough schedule. Look at their SEC road schedule: South Carolina, LSU, Florida, and Auburn. That is brutal! All four of those teams are very good and those places rock on Saturdays and make it very difficult to win. Alabama and Tennessee at home will not be cake walks either. If they split those SEC road games (which will be very tough to do), they have absolutely no room for error in order to stay above the 9 win mark. Way too risky. I am looking at the line and it is -155, which is ridiculous. Stay away my friend.

elliott0924
    elliott0924's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alanama owes Georgia one also. Georgia put the nail in Alabama's coffin last year so it might be a returned favor. Write Sept. 27 down on your calendar.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

The carolina/georgia game is typically a defense dominated game. our defense should be better this year. UGA may have a much tougher time than people think with us. but, in no means is georgia over looking us either....

uscfootball33

I agree, South Carolina(a team getting very little credit right now) v. Georgia should be an absolute battle this year. Of course, this is nothing new as this game is almost always decided in the final few minutes of regulation. Phil Steele (an analyst I actually respect) has come out and said he likes the Gamecocks in this one. If you really look at this game, it is hard not to agree with him. Better Coach, Better Defense, and Home Field Advantage is all in South Carolina's corner. Plus, these two teams are pretty much the same two teams that battled in Athens last year. Who won? South Carolina. A lot of the public is judging this Gamecock team from their 5 game losing stretch during which 3-5 of their defensive starters were out. That is a mistake. The Gamecocks have 10 of 11 defensive starters returning and a quarterback sitting on the bench right now, as second string, that beat Kentucky, beat Mississippi State, and lead a second half rally against LSU in Baton Rough that just came up short, but was impressive for a Freshman nonetheless. That's the backup. The reason I bring this up is that many are saying that the quarterback position will be a weak point for this South Carolina team. I am not buying it. Spurrier knows quarterbacks and if he has some other guy ahead of this one, I would be willing to bet that he will get the job done. Bottom line: UGA's title campaign may end early in Columbia and that's why they play the game: Because titles aren't won on paper.
    Last edited by uscfootball33; 08-05-08 at 02:04 PM. Reason: nm

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Keep dreaming. Georgia wins the game with Carolina 37-3.

uscfootball33

LMAO, sounds like you crunched a lot of numbers to get that one, but I am going to have to take that bet. I have South Carolina +34, so what are you willing to put on Georgia -34.0?
    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Keep dreaming. Georgia wins the game with Carolina 37-3.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Just play the line when it comes out. My guess will be Georgia -7.5. so the 37-3 win will cover the spread.

SECfan23
    SECfan23's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im thinking the line will be closer to uga -5 or -4.5.

uscfootball33

Just play the line when it comes out. My guess will be Georgia -7.5. so the 37-3 win will cover the spread.
    Haha, I will even give you a whole touchdown of "value" and take South Carolina +27.0. Smart move though: keep your emotions in check when money is involved.
    Last edited by uscfootball33; 08-05-08 at 02:34 PM. Reason: nm

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by uscfootball33 View Post
    Haha, I will even give you a whole touchdown of "value" and take South Carolina +27.0. Smart move though: keep your emotions in check when money is involved.
    I am not a Georgia fan. Just live in Georgia. I am a Nebraska fan.

uscfootball33

I am not a Georgia fan. Just live in Georgia. I am a Nebraska fan.
    Well, good luck to your Cornhuskers (I have always found the black shirt faithful to be a very gracious fan base) and remember that I warned you about this one when week 3 is in the books and the bookie is smiling. There will be no "I told you so," just remember.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Good luck to you too. I'm pretty sure when the game comes close there will be a great debate on this game.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

I'm going to pass but not a terrible wager if its 9 EV to -110.

They could easily drop one against Tenn, Alabama or Ga Tech. Then to win you would need to run the table against Auburn, Florida and LSU or need 2 out of 3 to get a push. There are better ones out there.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jtuck View Post
    Seems too easy

Sat, Aug 30 Georgia Southern WIN
    Sat, Sep 06 Central Michigan WIN
    Sat, Sep 13 at South Carolina * WIN
    Sat, Sep 20 at Arizona State
    Sat, Sep 27 Alabama * WIN
    Sat, Oct 11 Tennessee * WIN
    Sat, Oct 18 Vanderbilt * WIN
    Sat, Oct 25 at LSU *
    Sat, Nov 01 at Florida *
    Sat, Nov 08 at Kentucky * WIN
    Sat, Nov 15 at Auburn *
    Sat, Nov 29 Georgia Tech WIN

Thats 8 games they won't lose, and they are more talented than Auburn, LSU and Arizona State with Florida being a toss up.
    Here are the games I project them to lose sir.

South Carolina
    LSU
    Florida
    Alabama
    Auburn

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

BBD,

Georgia even at their average years never lose to all these 5 in the same season. Your attempt to drop the spreads against Georgia is not going unnoticed.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

What is wrong with this picture? The number one team in the land is given 3 losses to lose a bet in college football. This can only mean that there is no way UGA can win the BCS championship game. USC is o/u 11. That seems more in line with a number one team, not 9. Sounds fishy/stanky to me.

wtt0315
    This is the Broncos Year.
    wtt0315's Avatar Become A Pro!

Being a georgia fan since i was able to see their helmets, i would say yes to the over 9 but with caution. Also i would say the arizona state game is a win with the tennessee game more a maybe. That game is always tricky.

ZBOIZ
    ZBOIZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

If I would bet I would bet under 9 but I think thi sline will push.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

push at worst, if somehow they win 8 they should get an easy bowl matchup

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Arizona State beats Georgia. Rudy Carpenter lights up the 'Dawgs secondary.

ZBOIZ

Quote Originally Posted by badhunter View Post
    Arizona State beats Georgia. Rudy Carpenter lights up the 'Dawgs secondary.
    I really do think Arizona State wil beat them. They have to travel to the desert and play late that night. Rudy Carpenter will try to have a break outyear to impress the pro scouts. Dont sleep on this kid!

badhunter
    badhunter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

I agree. Don't bet against Erickson at home.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by ZBOIZ View Post
    I really do think Arizona State wil beat them. They have to travel to the desert and play late that night. Rudy Carpenter will try to have a break outyear to impress the pro scouts. Dont sleep on this kid!
    They are flying to Arizona, not riding horses from Athens. It was 100 F today in Athens. Your arguements are ridiculous.

pokernut9999
    pokernut9999's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hope no one in Athens reads this thread , as Richt may get fired as it looks like the Dawgs may not be bowl eligible this year. That is if all you experts are right.

ZBOIZ

They are flying to Arizona, not riding horses from Athens. It was 100 F today in Athens. Your arguements are ridiculous.
    Its the fact of playing away from home! You ever heard of home field advantage?

pokernut9999

Its the fact of playing away from home! You ever heard of home field advantage?
    Check out their road record under Richt

It is quite impressive.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by pokernut9999 View Post
    Check out their road record under Richt

It is quite impressive.
    Exactly! They are playing much better on the road. Some people here think capping games is entertainment not science.

ZBOIZ

What happened in the past dont matter. I'm talking about a pretty good Arizona State team that will be hyped up to have Georgia in there back yard! This game will not be easy. And I think Arizona State will pull it out. Georgia is not the team everyone think they are.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

You are not familiar with Georgia defense ZBOIZ. Rent a video of last year's slaughter of Hawaii. It will help you change your mind. I believe Hawaii was ranked higher than ASU when the Bowls were announced.

pokernut9999

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan View Post
    Here are the games I project them to lose sir.

South Carolina
    LSU
    Florida
    Alabama
    Auburn
    I will give you +200 Ga does not lose 5 games Dan.

ZBOIZ

You are not familiar with Georgia defense ZBOIZ. Rent a video of last year's slaughter of Hawaii. It will help you change your mind. I believe Hawaii was ranked higher than ASU when the Bowls were announced.

Please stop using Hawaii as an example

Everyone know Hawaii was overrated. Missouri should of been in the Sugar Bowl!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Please stop using Hawaii as an example

Everyone know Hawaii was overrated. Missouri should of been in the Sugar Bowl!
    Georgia was favored by only a touchdown I believe. Are you saying that the bookmakers were wrong? They trounced them by 40 points. You saw Brennan what he did to the NFL players of Colts on Sunday. The Georgia defense shut him out. They will do the same to your ASU QB.

12 Last