Virginia Tech 11-2 (10-2 ATS) and Stanford 11-1 (7-3-1 ATS) both enter this game on nice win streaks. After losing their first two, VT reeled off eleven straight and won the ACC Championship. Stanford won seven straight after losing to #1 ranked Oregon. Both teams have outstanding quarterbacks who are the heart and soul of their teams. Virginia Tech's Tyrod Taylor (2,521 passing, 23 TDs, 7 Ints) was the ACC Player of the Year. Stanford's Andrew Luck (3,051 passing, 28 TDs, 7 Ints) is very accurate (70%) and would probably be the number one player taken in the NFL draft if he decided to come out. Much of what happens in this game will depend on how each player perform's tonight.

Each team has solid running games and this may be where the rubber meets the road as to who wins this game. Virginia Tech has four players who have rushed for over 400 yards this season. The team is ranked #18 nationally with a 209 yards per game average. Watch for QB Taylor as a running threat breaking out of the pocket. He has rushed for 636 yards and is dangerous when he decides to tuck and run.

Stanford counters with RB Stepfan Taylor who rushed for 1,023 yards and 15 touchdowns. QB Luck kicked in for another 438 yards. The Cardinals averaged 211 yards per game and come in ranked #17 nationally.

On defense, Stanford is sound and well coached ranking #24 in total defense. They give up an average of 18 points per game to rank #11. Virginia Tech's defense has been vulnerable against the run finishing 7th in the ACC and #58 nationally. Knowing they finished #2 in pass interceptions (22), stopping the run has to be a priority for the Hokies or it could be a long night with Luck's passing.

Interesting matchup for sure. To me, it boils down to VT rushing the ball. If they can run on the Cardinal defense, I think they win. If not, it could be a tough game for quarterback Taylor. My lean is that the Hokies will be able to run well enough for Taylor to make some big plays passing. I'm taking the East team to beat the West team. Good luck with your play.

(VT has covered 14 of last 19 as dogs)