pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

We need a playoff system for college football

Most of the games are boring and half the teams did not prepare enough at the break to make a decent showing. Seems like some teams only care to cash a check and go home.

Bowl sponsorship has ruined college football. The games with the highest ratings were the ones where the referees fukked up. What does this tell you?

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

As someone who firmly believes in not having a playoff, it is getting harder to defend the bowls because I agree with you about bowl sponsorship.

But, I will always speak out against a playoff because what makes college football so great is that your entire season is a playoff. Most years, you lose ONCE, you are not going to be in the title game.

I love it.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I totally agree. The ones that get snubbed by the BCS always have letdowns. Playoff would prevent any letdowns. The true champs would come out on top.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle, and pavyracer

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

we will have a playoff, just a matter of time. It will be within the next 10 years if not sooner. Its all about the money and a playoff makes more money.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Before the BCS New Years Day was unreal, great matchups all the time from morning until night

Now most of games are whore shit because of the BCS System

Its a playoff or go back to the old way

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

25 bowl games is way too many, but its all about the $$$$$$$. Create a playoff system or cut the bowl games in half so they actually mean something.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

They will keep all the bowl games and probably add more games. The lower tier bowl games will just be the early rounds of the playoff. So you could see a team like OSU or Florida play though 3 bowl games(playoff rounds) and that will make a hell of a lot more money.