EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

My Nine Bowl Lives: Do I Live or Die?

I've gone into full degenerate mode to end 2010. I have been killed in Bowl Games this week, so I am going out 50 Cent Style to end 2010 ...

GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN'

You can laugh, mock or point fingers whilest you watch my life unravel in the next two days. Or you can not give a rat's tit, which I expect. Tomorrow, I finish work early and go catch Cake in concert in Dallas. I'm off Friday, all football, all day on New Year's Eve. If I survive my Nine Bowl lives, then I shall go El Hugo on one Bowl Game on New Year's Day. The Viking Funeral starts with the Alamo Bowl tonight. At worst, you should get some good fade material out of this.

#1: ALAMO BOWL: ARIZONA-OKLAHOMA STATE OVER 68 [-110]
    I've gotten buried on taking OVERs in Bowl Games, so of course I will start with an OVER. Two potent passing attacks here. The Wildcats have done decent against the pass at times, but have been mushed by the run over the last month. If Okie State gets Hunter going early, big plays come into the passing game and the Cowpokes put up points like they have all season. Only failed to reach 33 points ONCE all year. Arizona has Foles healthy-ish at QB. Pokes real vulnerable against the pass, 275 ypg. I think this comes down to these teams cashing in for TDs in the red zone. If they do that, this is reminiscent of the Hawaii Bowl to me. Big total, but one where I'll bleed money if it doesn't hit.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

looks solid so far, 30 points in just over a quarter

EaglesPhan36

Fukkin can't catch a break for shit. Instead of taking a "gimme" again like Missouri supposedly was last night with Okie State and the spread, went total. All these match-ups between potent offenses have ended up being lopsided unders. One life shot to hell. Eight to go. Armed Forces Bowl tomorrow morning. I know what I want to take, but again it seems like the square play.

EaglesPhan36

650 yards of offense and only 46 points. Arizona did a great job moving the ball inside the 40 and then couldn't finish a drive worth a damn. Make sure you get on the fade parade tomorrow against me.

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

yep we were sitting pretty with 12:40 left and got 16 points in about 3 quarters

Whats the play tomorrow, sir?

zert
    zert's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3617

Yea there definitely should have been more points scored. sorry that did not work out for you

EaglesPhan36

I'm going to wait until the morning to finalize the Armed Forces pick. Square play is definitely SMU minus the points at home, but SMU has had trouble with Navy and their triple option in both seasons under June Jones. Their two worst defensive performances against the run came against teams that start with an option attack in Navy & TCU. Turnovers will be the difference as they usually are, but it's very straight forward with these two teams - whichever team loses the TO battle, loses the game. Even though these are two mediocre teams, this is a HUGE game for both. Army in a bowl for the first time in 14 years and a chance for a winning season for the first time since 1996. Interesting note on this young bowl game with the "Armed Forces" title ... Air Force made it to this bowl the last three seasons and won once and lost twice by a TD or less. C-USA reps in this game also don't have a good track record with three losses in their last four appearances. That all has me thinking hard about Army. Gonna sleep on it.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

SMU is way more athletic and June Jones will lead his squad to victory over a mediocre Army team.

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

wait for a good prop in the noon game. books might hang a few gimmees cause it will be early and the public wont be online to correct the line.

KingKolzig

i found one i really like.

Kyle Padron o22.5 completions +100

ive scouted this game quite a bit this morning and i really like this prop. reason is the SMU game plan will be to throw a lot of quick passes over the middle to test a rather slow army defense (i read this). padron has gone over 22 completions 7 of 13 games this year and has had 18+ in 11 of 13 games. the only real threat to this prop besides freak injury is Army running a lot of clock. but even against Navy padron completed 28 passes. plus the SMU defense has had a month to plan for the army triple-option. I like padron to go 26-35 today

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Fukkin can't catch a break for shit. Instead of taking a "gimme" again like Missouri supposedly was last night with Okie State and the spread, went total.
    EP, I feel your pain on the Insight Bowl, took a double whammy on that with that late pick 6. Too bad the Arizona players no-showed in San Antonio. Let me know how you go with the SMU game today and I'll play the opposite. Maybe my poor luck lately will help you rebound.

EaglesPhan36

I like that Willie, reverse mojo.

LOST BY 1 POINT
    LOST BY 1 POINT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1200

didn't know how to contact you

Quote Originally Posted by Willie Bee View Post
    EP, I feel your pain on the Insight Bowl, took a double whammy on that with that late pick 6. Too bad the Arizona players no-showed in San Antonio. Let me know how you go with the SMU game today and I'll play the opposite. Maybe my poor luck lately will help you rebound.
    Willie Bee, this is LB1P, You are correct i did comit infraction, however i am asking you to reconsider the lenth of punishment as it will not happen again.GL
    LB1P

EaglesPhan36

#2: ARMED FORCES BOWL: ARMY +7.5 [-110]
    I think this one comes down to one thing, who wins the turnover battle. Army is in the top 10 in FBS in turnover margin with 25 takeaways and 14 giveaways. SMU is in the bottom 12 with 24 giveaways and 15 takeaways. Army should have success with their triple option against SMU's defense which has had issues with Navy's triple option in each of the past two seasons. SMU will have success offensively on Army which is susceptible to the deep ball. The key for Army is to shut down the run for SMU because the Ponies can run the ball. If they can make SMU one dimensional, then look for Army defensive stud Josh McNary to be unleashed on SMU QB Kyle Padron to force him into mistakes. If Army pressures Padron like UCF was able to, they will do some good things I think. Army's best bet is to get off to a quick start and play with a lead, but they have shown some resiliency in rallying from deficits - most notable against a pass-oriented Hawaii where they came back from 21 down to lead 28-21 before losing by three. SMU yacked up a 14-0 lead on Navy, losing 28-21 so this is definitely a four quarter game IMO. Get in that Fade Parade. I suck!

trmg777
    trmg777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

That AZ St game last night was brutal. Refs called back, what, 51 TDs?

EaglesPhan36

I just blame Arizona for not doing shit once they got into OSU territory. Foles was pretty bad.

KingKolzig

eaglesphan i hope u lose ur fkn shirt today. this is the last fkn time i give u a winning fkn prop in one of ur pathetic woe is me threads and u dont even reply. u have no fkn clue u r destined to lose it all anyways, suk it

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14524

Throw out the lift raft.

Keep going,

EaglesPhan36

My book doesn't have game props for this one Cap'n. I hope Padron sprains his left nut on the first play. Thanks for your support.

EaglesPhan36

PINSTRIPE BOWL: SYRACUSE RB DELONE CARTER OVER 90.5 RUSHING YARDS [-130]
    Carter is the key to making this Syracuse offense productive today. The 1,000 yard rusher was stuffed down the stretch, but is facing a swiss cheese rush defense in Kansas State. The Wildcats gave up over 200 ypg on the ground this season & were absolutely crushed in the last two games of the season by Lance Dunbar of North Texas [270 yards] and Rodney Stewart of Colorado [194 yards]. They gave up over 100 yards rushing to a single player in five of their last eight. Carter averaged 5.1 ypc and had four 100 yard games and beat this set number in six games. This is his shot to show NFL scouts that he is capable as well. I think two things need to happen for Carter to surpass this number. One, Syracuse must either play with a lead or keep the game within a score. The Orange are not built for coming from behind, so their defense needs to keep K-State in-check. Two, Carter needs at least 20 carries. He wasn't always afforded that opportunity in the regular season with just three games of 20+ carries and an average of 17 cpg. If the Orange are going to control the line of scrimmage and gouge the Wildcats, I think he needs to touch the ball as much as possible.

EaglesPhan36

Gotta squeeze these other picks in before I head out for the evening to go get my CAKE on.

MUSIC CITY BOWL: NORTH CAROLINA-TENNESSEE UNDER 50 [-105]
    Tennessee tightened up defensively down the stretch as they made their run to bowl eligibility. They will have to continue to rush the passer well to keep UNC QB TJ Yates from having a big day. The Vols gave up 14 or less in their last four. UNC has some injury problems, but remain a talented unit defensively. I look for them to try to shut down Tennessee's rushing attack to force young QB Tyler Bray to make plays. Bray has done some good things in Tennessee's winning streak, but he's still making mistakes with four INTs in his last two starts. Offensively, both units have been inconsistent putting up three or four "big" point totals, but mostly being teams that score in the mid 20s. With more tape on Bray and more time to prepare, Butch Davis I think will press the right buttons to keep the Vols from having an explosive game. If Tennessee gets pressure on Yates, I think they can keep the Heels around their normal range of points. The Heels scored 24 or less in eight of 12 and were just 79th in FBS in scoring.

HOLIDAY BOWL: WASHINGTON-NEBRASKA OVER 53 [-108]
    This is about motivation for Nebraska. They blew a lead in the Big 12 Championship game and had much higher aspirations for their bowl season than to be in San Diego. If the Huskers are focused and prepared, they should have success. If not, this bowl could be a dud. They ran all over Washington earlier this season, but have stalled in that category down the stretch. This should be a prime spot to resume their rushing attack against the Huskies who give up 200 rushing yards per game. When Taylor Martinez and the RBs run effectively, Nebraska scores points. Washington had just one stretch where it held opponents down and that was broken in their finale when they gave up 28 to Washington State. Washington gave up 28 or more in seven games this season, including 56 to Nebraska. For Washington, Jake Locker must play well, but running the ball is essential. They did that in the last month, but face a stern test today. Just gimme a damn blowout for cripes sake!

KingKolzig

winner

cake sucks. they had 1 good song but it got old fast. u suk 2

EaglesPhan36

We both won buddy. Go find a place to release and turn that frown upside down.

EaglesPhan36

Hittin the in room jacuzzi before the concert. Nice game 4 carter. Cu freaks in drunk mode

EaglesPhan36

awesome. Call an under and of fukks it. Of course Nebraska sucks. Full me.

Typing on a small keypad is not my strong suit apparently. Can't believe that under got f-ed because of a missed XP and OT. I am owed today.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 12-31-10 at 10:34 AM.

EaglesPhan36

MEINEKE CAR CARE BOWL: DEFENSIVE OR SPECIAL TEAMS TD SCORED [+165]
    You've got two teams with turnover prone QBs going against two tough defenses that ballhawk. Kyle Parker got benched against South Carolina after throwing a pick 6 and Clemson's coach has indicated this game will be somewhat of a showcase for next year's team. That could mean some time for their freshman QB as well. All that points to more chances for USF to cause turnovers. Clemson features the nation's top sack master in Da-Quan Bowers. Bowers could make life miserable for walk-on QB Bobby Eveld. Eveld tossed three picks in his lone start vs. Connecticut in USF's regular season finale. One was returned for a TD. Both teams have solid return games, potentially explosive returns in the kickoff game especially could also give this prop a shot.

EaglesPhan36

SUN BOWL: NOTRE DAME +3 [-105]
    Another even match-up between two average teams. Inexperienced QBs on both sides. Solid defenses on both sides. Miami has the better running game. Irish are hot with three wins and an intact coaching staff. I think if ND can keep the Miami run game in-check and pass protect, they have a real solid shot to score a win in this one. Notre Dame's rush D was better down the stretch, while Miami's usually solid D was crushed by the run. If the Irish find any sort of consistent running game, then I think Brian Kelly is able to build momentum into next season with a win.

EaglesPhan36

God damn I am fukking cursed. Dipshit from USF steps out at the five on the INT return.

EaglesPhan36

LIBERTY BOWL: UCF +6.5 [-112]
    Not a lot to explain. I think UCF has the motivation. Can set a school record for wins. Beat a BCS conference team. Georgia? They're playing out the string. They have the devastating duo of Murray & Green that UCF needs to keep from getting big plays, but can Georgia stop UCF's Godfrey at QB? If the Knights can churn out rushing yards on the ground against Georgia to keep them from focusing on pressuring Godfrey in the passing game, I think UCF sticks close.

KingKolzig

UCF is simply better. ez win. 27-20

EaglesPhan36

Can't believe ND is walloping Mia-muh. Catholics > convicts so far.

EaglesPhan36

CHICK-FIL-A BOWL: SOUTH CAROLINA-FLORIDA STATE UNDER 55 [-110]
    This is for a winning Nine Lives [5-4] or a loser. I'm going for the under here based on both teams being somewhat inconsistent at times offensively. FSU will want to run to ease the pressure on Ponder, but the Cocks were pretty solid against the run vs. anyone not named Auburn. FSU was a better running team earlier in the season. SC will look to pressure Ponder with their pass rush which produced a good number of sacks from the DE rotation. They'll need to get to Ponder because their DBs are weak in coverage. Offensively, SC will look to establish the super frosh Lattimore. FSU struggled against the run near the end of the year, so they need to be better here tonight. If they likewise can shutdown the run and force Stephen Garcia to do too much, that could mean a long night with some interceptions. Hoping that the defenses make enough stops to force FGs and not always TDs. Both defenses were solid in points against with FSU holding opponents under 20 in nine of twelve. SC held opponents to 24 or less in nine of twelve. This is either going to be a middle-range game in the high 40s/low50s or they'll blow this total out of the water from Jump Street. Hopefully Johnny Depp isn't watching.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Good luck EaglesPhan. I'm going to be pulling for you.

Wow.....see how the holiday spirit has infected me!!

Trust me.....I've taken a major f'ing beatdown on these bowls. I feel 'ya, brother. Let's turn this around starting tonite.

Let's bring in the New Year with a "W".

Good Luck, pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

nli07
    nli07's Avatar Become A Pro!

Very nice pick on UCF. Ironic how they can move the ball at will at the beginning of each half and then they cant move the ball at all against UCF's defense.

EaglesPhan36

Well, ended 5-4 in this stretch. New Year's Day bowls are a-plenty. Only betting two.

CAPITAL ONE BOWL: MICHIGAN STATE +10 [-115]
    This one seems fairly even, so the ten points is nice. I think Bama has an edge running the ball vs. Michigan State, but I think State has an edge vs. Bama throwing the ball to even it out. This one might come down to special teams and State has a great kicker there and better return men. This might come down to prep and who wants to be here. Alabama as defending National Champs may not care, but I think State is motivated to beat them and can do so with balance on offense.

12 Last