xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Thoughts on Toledo vs Arizona?

Hey everyone,

Looking for some insight into this game. I will not be betting Thursday games and will be just putting a deposit in just in time for this matchup. I am looking for the best value on what to do with a freeplay regarding this game.

Current Line: AZ -14.5
    O/U 59

Current knowledge of this game. Traditionally both teams operate more of a passing attack. Last year Toledo had virtually no defense. Zona tended to play very well on the road last year and has a returning QB with some punch.

Leaning towards the safe bet being the OVER 59. I just realistically don't see either team dominating on defense. Not sure if I like or trust taking Zona 14.5 on the road or not. But I definitely think this game could be 42-27 type game. Thoughts?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

-14.5 is a good number as arizona as imo they can cover that number.... watch for slow creeps before game time as i see the number get to 16.5

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The number is up to 15 now. Arizona should easily win this game, but they are on the road, have a very inexperienced defense, and lose their DC. With a line over 14, you face the feared "back door". Still, this seems to be a rather popular play.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The number is up to 15 now. Arizona should easily win this game, but they are on the road, have a very inexperienced defense, and lose their DC. With a line over 14, you face the feared "back door". Still, this seems to be a rather popular play.

exactly that why 14.5 was/is a good number to get in at ... you playing in the danger zone if the number get higher as the rockets is not really that bad..don't sleep on mac teams

reverend
    reverend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    -14.5 is a good number as arizona as imo they can cover that number.... watch for slow creeps before game time as i see the number get to 16.5

i agree with DM...i think AZ will be able to cover this number with toledo's soft defense!

xstud
    xstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone feel the OVER is a decent play? I mean both teams have soft defenses and the only thing I worry about is that Toledo will have a pretty big home crowd for a nationally televised game and being week 1 I think that they could play a little above their heads on both sides of the ball.

Starting to think that the best thing for me to do with a Free Play is put it all on Zona.

Thanks for the insight so far!

Uncle Harv
    Uncle Harv's Avatar Become A Pro!

This could be a classic "underestimation of opponent" game on the road for Zona. A team not known for blowing anyone out. Zona will be solid this year no doubt, but I just dont see them getting up for this one. Anything over 14 is danger IMHO.