Gawdfather
    Gawdfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Parlay: UGA and Virginia Tech, both -3.5 against Georgia Tech and Virginia. Thoughts?

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

i really like uga and got a lean on va tech would like to see both lines at -3

Gawdfather
    Gawdfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a UGA fan, so I'm always hesitant to bet on them, but can't resist the line. It's at Tech but there will be more Georgia fans in the stands.

VT should wipe the floor with UVA; almost all of UVA's wins this year were by only a couple of points. VT has been playing great...

BravoWhiskey
    BravoWhiskey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdfather View Post
    I'm a UGA fan, so I'm always hesitant to bet on them, but can't resist the line. It's at Tech but there will be more Georgia fans in the stands.

VT should wipe the floor with UVA; almost all of UVA's wins this year were by only a couple of points. VT has been playing great...
    The last 3 games in the GT-UGA series have been decided by a total of 16 points. That's why they call it gambling. It's your money, do what you want with it. I'll remain a fan on this one, I'm not touching it from a betting standpoint. GT normally plays VERY well as a home dog, and are at their best when nobody is giving them a chance (see Clemson earlier in the season) Reggie Ball is no longer playing QB for GT, so that helps their chances. Should be a tight defensive battle, I'm looking forward to it.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I don't think you can find a team out there that is playing as well on both sides of the ball as Georgia is right now. Take into account the high level of competition that they have faced recently and I think that makes you start to wonder about this line. It being one of those in-state rivalry games I don't think I would parlay this game though. It's a small wager on Georgia, and straight up.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    i really like uga and got a lean on va tech would like to see both lines at -3
    Buy the points. These games are very emotional and always highly competitive.
    Last edited by pavyracer; 11-20-07 at 10:08 PM.

Big Flo
    Big Flo's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have to admit I was real leary of Geor. when they first started out this year. But, they've really come a long way in a short time. They're playing great offense and defense. I thought for sure last week they would lose to Auburn. Auburn is a decent team they just commit too many turnovers. I,m gonna look at the game a lil bit more this week. As for the Virginia game I'm kinda undecided on that. With both teams you never know which team is gonna show up. Virginia at home getting 3 1/2 sounds kinda good I have to look at that game a lil closer too.

VolinArizona
    VolinArizona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Yuck. Two road favs in a parlay? One won't hit.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by Big Flo View Post
    I have to admit I was real leary of Geor. when they first started out this year. But, they've really come a long way in a short time. They're playing great offense and defense. I thought for sure last week they would lose to Auburn. Auburn is a decent team they just commit too many turnovers. I,m gonna look at the game a lil bit more this week. As for the Virginia game I'm kinda undecided on that. With both teams you never know which team is gonna show up. Virginia at home getting 3 1/2 sounds kinda good I have to look at that game a lil closer too.
    They actually beat Kentucky last week, not Auburn. That was the week before. But I agree, this team has turned it around (#6 now). Stafford really looks experienced for being a freshman and the ground game is explosive. You can't say enough about their front four either. Should be a good game though. I expect a strong 1st half from Ga. Tech, and Georgia to take over in the last half of the game (which seems to be their m.o. and is a sign of really good coaching).

Big Flo
    Big Flo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ya your right they beat Kentucky last week. That just goes to show you Geor. is getting better every week. Kentucky definitely ain't no slouch.

BandwagonFan
    BandwagonFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agreed with VolinArizona. 2 road Faves...one will lose straight up in my opinion. I like Georgia, but am staying away from the other game. If I had to chose, I would take Virginia with the points....maybe straight up.

The Seer
    The Seer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

Be leary of Georgia in this situation.