pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Keys to really succeeding at capping college football

the following are things you'll want to have to help you get better at capping college football games:

-CPU (obviously), with a DSL or cable connection
    -multiple TVs
    -Direct TV (or some variation, dish network, charter) with an upgraded TV package (so you can get a lot of games, there's no subsitute for watching teams play)
    -tivo or DVR (multiple in the house preferrably, so you can record up to 3 games at a time and still watch another)...
    -knowledge of the industry which you'll gain from hanging around the "players talk" forum (trust me on this as I have learned a lot from all of the guys)
    -time to research
    -access to forums such as these (rx.com, covers.com, eog.com, cappingthegame.com and sportsdegenerates.com are all good forums) to gather info. on consensus handicapping...
    -at least 5 books at your disposal (to shop for the best number and juice)...please refer to the SBR rating system before you sign up with a book...
    -again the six books I play with are:

pinnacle
    matchbook
    cascade
    mansion
    betcris
    betjamaica

that's all for now...please feel free to add to this list...

Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Quote Originally Posted by pags11
    -Direct TV (or some variation, dish network, charter) with an upgraded TV package (so you can get a lot of games, there's no subsitute for watching teams play)
    -time to research
    Good list of needs, Pags, especially these two items. Being able to watch the games (without a lot of distractions like at some bar) and the time to devour stats and other info early the next week are vital.

pags11

yep willie...

I always like reading over all of the days stats on usatoday.com...since I'm not able to watch every game, I want to see who did what...that's important as well...

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think watching the games gives a capper a great advantage for halftime wagering.

pags11

dan, you are probably right, although I suck at halftime wagering...don't even attempt to do it anymore...

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

The only reason I could ever see having CRIS as a book is if I was to play an opening line. No reason I should pay -110 when I can get it +100 @ matchbook or mansion.

Good ideas though

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yeah I only have account with CRIS because of the Prick..

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by chaz
    The only reason I could ever see having CRIS as a book is if I was to play an opening line. No reason I should pay -110 when I can get it +100 @ matchbook or mansion.

Good ideas though
    You are making a mistake not playing at Cris, they have some of the most volatile lines, yes it will be at -110, but you might get +7 when pinnacle is at +6.5, and then you can buy the half point which has a value of 15 cents for another 10 cents. ALso You can play lots of in progress quarters and MLB 2nd halfs that have great value.

I got Germany +27.5 -130 Greece ML -350 and O138 for that game at Cris, you never would have found those lines at pinnacle. Greece is just a scalp though, I think France wins tonight. Also you need to realize the real juice at Cris is between -107 and -108 when factoring in the loyalty rewards program.

imgv94

VIP has those as well.. They are slow to update their overnights which means $$$

pags11

Cris isn't scared of winners like VIP is though IMGV...

imgv94

pags you have alot of discipline!!! I imagine the books hate to have guys like you as their customer.

pags11

thanks imgv...I appreciate it...it's taken a long time for me to really learn though...best of luck to you this season bud...

imgv94

Yeah you too as well man. Always good to see your stuff. Your name was mentioned a few times over at therx bash.. Seems like alot of people respect your opinion and knowledge of college football, Lord knows I do...

pags11

really?...didn't know that...thanks for putting in a good word...was that a pretty fun event?...couldn't get off of work to get down there...thanks imgv...

imgv94

Bumpity Bump