Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Tulsa @ UCF from an INSIDE VIEW

Here we are again fellas... I have another one for you. I have no idea what vegas is thinking but the play here is the Tulsa Moneyline. For a history on Tulsa (or my credibility), look at my two previous INSIDE VIEW writeups or last weeks writeup.

As for this game, UCF is trying to pick up the pieces from a beatdown issued by the South Florida Bulls last week. To make things worse, after allowing 64 points to USF, they play host to the second ranked offense in the land possessed by Tulsa. Tulsa is lead by senior QB Paul Smith and one of the brightest offensive minds in college football as his coach. As if offensive coordinator Gus Malzahn needs any help devising a gameplan to showcase his offense, last weeks terrible loss to USF showcased all of their defensive vulnerabilities and I promise they will be exploited once again. To add fuel to the fire, they put up a woeful 12 points giving the suspect Tulsa defense a chance to prepare a similar defensive gameplan as used against UCF last week.

It will be tempting to take the over 74 points for me but I will lay off. I see this game being led wire to wired by Tulsa and UCF abandoning their running game to keep up in a scoring track meet. This is a big game for the sunbelt race. If you don't take tulsa, at least save the risk and stay away from UCF.

As I mentioned before, here is Gus's effect on an offense. In 2004, 2005 and now in 2007, Arkansas won a total of 5 SEC football games. In 2006, Arkansas won 7 SEC games in a row and nearly beat Florida in the SEC CH game. The difference was that Gus was our Offensive coordinator in 2006. He is the real deal and now helms the 2nd ranked offense in the land under head coach Todd Graham who fully supports his offensive philosophy.

I'm in for 10% of my bankroll.

LETS WIN SOME MONEY BOYS!!!

Peace,
    Dirty D

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

Quote Originally Posted by rmdanie View Post
    Here we are again fellas... I have another one for you. I have no idea what vegas is thinking but the play here is the Tulsa Moneyline. For a history on Tulsa (or my credibility), look at my two previous INSIDE VIEW writeups or last weeks writeup.
    I wish you the best of luck but too small a sample size (n=2) to draw any meaningful conclusions. You have to do it over a long stretch of games before credit is conferred but you are off to a good start...keep it up.

As I mentioned before, here is Gus's effect on an offense. In 2004, 2005 and now in 2007, Arkansas won a total of 5 SEC football games. In 2006, Arkansas won 7 SEC games in a row and nearly beat Florida in the SEC CH game. The difference was that Gus was our Offensive coordinator in 2006.
    Well, true ARK did win a lot of games last year. But recall that Houston Nutt took over the play calling last year after the USC game and featured more of the running attack with McFadden and Jones that defined the teams offensive philosophy. GM is a more spread em out coach that features a lot of passing and no huddle offense and keeping the defense on high alert with trick plays and what not. Nutt and Malzohn did not get along well with one another and Malzohn left. Most coaches don't typically go from ARK to Tulsa.

I'm in for 10% of my bankroll.
    Good luck. I hope you hit it.

LETS WIN SOME MONEY BOYS!!!
    I hope so...would love to have a strong weekend.

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I really don't have much of an opinion on this game. Should be high scoring but the Over may be a tad high.

ntgarrett
    ntgarrett's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am with you on Tulsa. GL

Dirty D

Mr. Bear... You raise some interesting points.

First, I always make sure and state in my writeups that I hope the information keeps people from betting the other side and potentially losing. You will never see me post a "lock". I fully understand that my sample size is small.

Below are the games I have take the time to write up.

Tulsa V OU Over 67 (Win)
    Tulsa +3 V BYU (Win)
    Tulsa V BYU Over 52 (Win)
    Alabama +3 V Arkansas (Win)
    Auburn ML V Arkansas (Win)

The reason my sample size is so small (n=5) is because I only have been writing up the teams I am close to. I know players and board members either directly or indirectly. I have a pretty good pulse for these two teams. I am fully aware that does not translate to wins everytime. However, I would like for people to read this and know that my writeups have been accurate as of late and that if you don't agree, it might be best to leave the game alone.

However, I am impressed with your partially correct knowledge of the Razorbacks.

First, Gus only ran his HUNH offense for one series in the USC game and it resuted in a Touchdown. Nutt's ego would not allow Gus to implement his offensive philosophy so for the next 7 games of the year, Mitch Mustain started as QB, went 7-0 and we ran a hybrid of Nutt's and Gus's offense. In the South Carolina game, Mustain was pulled after throwing an interception on the opening drive. Casey Dick led the team the rest of the year and it was obvious that we returned to 100% Nuttball. we proceeded to go 1-3. After the season was over, Nutt hired Dallas Cowboys film technician David Lee as the co-offensive coordinator behind Gus's back. Once this happenned, Coach Todd Graham called Gus up and gave him an opportunity to be an assistant head coach and have FULL reign over the offense at Tulsa. That is why he went to Tulsa. Nutt is an egomaniac, he couldn't stand all of the success Arkansas was having with the addition of Gus and Mitch, and in effect ran them off to prove to the state that it was really his coaching skills that led us to a great season. Well, we are now 0-3 in the SEC this year and have only won 5 SEC games in the last 4 years excluding 2006.

You are right about the fact that Gus runs the HUNH, keeps the do on High alert, and throws in some trick plays here and there. Last years Wildcat package featuring Darren McFadden at QB was as close as we came to seeing Gus's wrinkle thrown in the offense and it killed opposing defenses.

Anyways, enough of this book I am writing. I love talking hog and hurricane football but I have to get to work. So play it or fade it but this is post was just information to help YOU guys.

Peace,
    Dirty D

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

How do these teams score less than 100 points?

Dirty D

Razz, I will be somewhat surprised if it stays under a hundy but I will still lay off. I would rather put my cash on the Tulsa ML and collect.

Peace,
    Dirty D

Dirty D

Bump for those of you interested... 5 minutes to kickoff

GL all