hawk 5
    Update your status
    hawk 5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8779

lines out

lines out at bookmaker. Oklahoma -19.5 at Tulsa? Give me some of that.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

All I can say is TRAP...

All I know about this game is that it is being played in Tulsa on a Friday night. Bob Stoops was mad about having an in-state game on a Friday night when Jenks and Union also had high school games. In case you don't know, those are the two major Tulsa High schools that are always ranked tops in the nation.

Long story short, I would bet the over if it is under 65. I can strongly suggest that Tulsa will score between 21-35 points. As I mentioned last week in a summary, Tulsa's new offensive coordinator literally wrote the book on the HUNH (Hurry Up No Huddle). OU might score 50, but if TU scores 35 then you have a TU cover. IF you want more TU information, look at my last thread called "TU/BYU inside view".

I am by no means saying take the points, but it looks like a trap to me. I just wanted to share some info to maybe help someone from laying it all down on this one like many did on the Cincy V Clev in-state rivalry this weel in NFL.

Take it of leave it for what it's worth. I don't want to argue about how Tulsa is a "little" school and OU is a national powerhouse (Which I believe). All I can say is that Gus Malzahn's HUNH offense is one that I would never bet against. And yes, he did embarass some big teams last year at Arkansas with this offense. Tulsa is 2-0 both for the OVER and for the cover this year.

Peace,
    Ryan

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by rmdanie View Post
    All I can say is TRAP...

All I know about this game is that it is being played in Tulsa on a Friday night. Bob Stoops was mad about having an in-state game on a Friday night when Jenks and Union also had high school games. In case you don't know, those are the two major Tulsa High schools that are always ranked tops in the nation.

Long story short, I would bet the over if it is under 65. I can strongly suggest that Tulsa will score between 21-35 points. As I mentioned last week in a summary, Tulsa's new offensive coordinator literally wrote the book on the HUNH (Hurry Up No Huddle). OU might score 50, but if TU scores 35 then you have a TU cover. IF you want more TU information, look at my last thread called "TU/BYU inside view".

I am by no means saying take the points, but it looks like a trap to me. I just wanted to share some info to maybe help someone from laying it all down on this one like many did on the Cincy V Clev in-state rivalry this weel in NFL.

Take it of leave it for what it's worth. I don't want to argue about how Tulsa is a "little" school and OU is a national powerhouse (Which I believe). All I can say is that Gus Malzahn's HUNH offense is one that I would never bet against. And yes, he did embarass some big teams last year at Arkansas with this offense. Tulsa is 2-0 both for the OVER and for the cover this year.

Peace,
    Ryan
    Thankks Ryan, good info. I"m going to take my chances on -19.5

rugbybdyb
    rugbybdyb's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for the info

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I watched every play of the BYU/ Tulsa game...they played with a high level of energy and I was extremely impressed with their effort...that being said, I would not advocate a play against OU, unless it was something ridiculous, like +28 or so...unfortunately, Tulsa's not going to get many stops in this game...I'll be on the sidelines for this one...

pags11

hawk,

I'm surprised if you were on bookmaker yesterday that you didn't see Iowa +8.5...oh well, those lines move are very quick sometimes...

hawk 5
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by pags11 View Post
    hawk,

I'm surprised if you were on bookmaker yesterday that you didn't see Iowa +8.5...oh well, those lines move are very quick sometimes...
    Im so pissed off at Iowa I must of skipped over it.

Duckgawd
    Duckgawd's Avatar Become A Pro!

Couple things to remember here, This will be Oklahoma's first road game, They have been running up the score but that was at home, and Tulsa is an underestimated team, the line is 22.5 right now, and I can only see it go up to around 24 or 25. I think colorado is the tougher of the two teams coming up before texas. The line probally inflated a little with OU pounding their first 3 oppenents. Question is will they do the same again! Time will tell. Im looking foward to the Red River Shootout! GO SOONERS!

paul Mordeeb
    paul Mordeeb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

LOL at calling this OU's first road game. I have been visiting Tulsa for months and have yet to see any TU shirts or hats or any thing!!!! It's all OU!!! That being said, I don't like a side but love the Over!!!! Just Called TU's ticket office today and got Tickets to the game!!! More reason to like the OVER....Im going!!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

There are only three bets I'm considering for this game. Over 1Q, 1H and FT. Also for a prop, less than 3 punts.

pags11

ok hawk...haha...

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Over is all is all I recommended. And not putting the house on the OU side like many will do when they see the line.

I still don't know what the over line is but if it is under 70, I would take the over. If it is under 60, I would bet the farm on the over.

Peace,
    Ryan

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    There are only three bets I'm considering for this game. Over 1Q, 1H and FT. Also for a prop, less than 3 punts.