austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone want to see Lloyd Carr leave?

I would think since Tressell owns him, he would hope he stays...kinda like Fran for TAMU...

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4699

The best thing would for him to step down, but we won't see that happen. A firing won't come during the season either, but could at season ends if Michigan has more struggles.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Sad thing is, UM won't go outside of the "Michigan family" for a replacement, so a significant upgrade is unlikely. UM will never pay an "outsider" to coach the team, so a Saban or Spurrier caliber coach will never inherit the program.

It's kind of funny that the whole "Michigan man" mantra was started by the late Bo Schembechler, who actually attended OSU for a short while.

Lightning350
    Lightning350's Avatar Become A Pro!

I believe Bo coached under Woodie. . . I'm not certain though. I HATE that team up north and think last week was one of the best weekends I've ever had. :-)

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning350 View Post
    I believe Bo coached under Woodie.
    Correct. He also received his master's degree at OSU.

EBone
    Washington State +140 over Wichita State
    EBone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

If Carr were to be fired or resign, I would think that the obvious "Michigan man" to go after would be Les Miles. I actually think he would bolt LSU for Michigan. I don't think that would hurt any of the LSU fans feelings either. LSU doesn't seem to be infatuated with Miles.

E

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

ric rodriguez