stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Florida State

I guess the committee got it right all along.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 155

I knew you would say something stupid like this. 80% of FSUs offensive production opted out. All the top NFL talent on defense all out. 22 total players not playing. Georgia is playing the practice squad, good for them.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Well the whole team opted out

what happens if so many opt out they can’t field a roster

has that ever happened???

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I knew you would say something stupid like this. 80% of FSUs offensive production opted out. All the top NFL talent on defense all out. 22 total players not playing. Georgia is playing the practice squad, good for them.
    I suppose I deserved this.

Sorry Unde, I had to get it out of my system.

It's all good.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Georgia is taking their frustation on FSU. Kirby is sending a message to the committee.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1052

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    I suppose I deserved this.

Sorry Unde, I had to get it out of my system.

It's all good.
    you can't win on forums like these.

it's plain obvious to everyone fla st shouldn't be in the bcs, but ya know the same bunch of people asked if i've ever watched a college football game. you can't win

for all the whining that fla st did, it's georgia not fla st that deserves a spot over both michigan and texas and washington. won almost 30 games in a row, was the #1 seed, and won the last 2 championships. but never whined about it, having to play a joke of a team in florida state, where georgia showed up and fla st cried to their mommies
    Last edited by budwiser; 12-30-23 at 04:55 PM.

budwiser

42 to 3 at the half, in a game played in Florida.

imagine spending more than 10 cents to see florida state play this game

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post

it's plain obvious to everyone fla st shouldn't be in the bcs, but ya know the same bunch of people asked if i've ever watched a college football game. you can't win

for all the whining that fla st did, it's georgia not fla st that deserves a spot over both michigan and texas. won almost 30 games in a row, was the #1 seed, and won the last 2 championships. but never whined about it, having to play a joke of a team in florida state, where georgia showed up and fla st cried to their mommies
    The secret is just roll with it.
    I poke playful fun at others, so when it's my turn to get poked at, I just go with it.

All good.
    Points Awarded:

budwiser gave stevenash 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: QuantumLeap

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

Did Johnny take FSU ML?

stevenash

^
    On it

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8997

^
    On it

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

for all the whining that fla st did, it's georgia not fla st that deserves a spot over both michigan and texas and washington. won almost 30 games in a row, was the #1 seed, and won the last 2 championships. but never whined about it, having to play a joke of a team in florida state, where georgia showed up and fla st cried to their mommies
    42 to 3 at the half, in a game played in Florida.

imagine spending more than 10 cents to see florida state play this game

Dude, this game is meaningless. Nothing can be derived from its result. Anyone trying to play the "I told you so" card is a casual who knows nothing about football.

You're the clown in the other Orange Bowl thread a few weeks back who was so tone deaf that you hilariously tabbed this game as a "dream matchup" and I straight up told you nothing could be further from the truth. This version of Florida State would have their hands full with Northwestern.

dollarbill
    dollarbill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Georgia is taking their frustation on FSU. Kirby is sending a message to the committee.
    Lets go for 100, Statement made! Easy fix play top 32 in Bracket like College hoops thru December no weeks off.... Season ended Dec 2nd this year so......

12-9 cut to 16
    12-16 cut to 8
    12-23 Top 4
    1-1 Finals
    1-8 Championship

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by dollarbill View Post
    Lets go for 100, Statement made! Easy fix play top 32 in Bracket like College hoops thru December no weeks off.... Season ended Dec 2nd this year so......

12-9 cut to 16
    12-16 cut to 8
    12-23 Top 4
    1-1 Finals
    1-8 Championship
    Or you can start the college season a week early, like say around August 22 or so and allow for one bye week.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 456

ACC screwed one of their own. If I remember right, they were one of the conferences that did not want to start the expansion of the playoff until next season. Sympathy for the kids, but not for the university or conference.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 155

FSU whole team wasn't playing. If you are making a case for a playoff discussion based off today then maybe the people who asked you if you watch football were on to something.
    Points Awarded:

budwiser gave unde0087 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Thefix13
    Thefix13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2756

Can we see that massive ticket you obviously cashed?

FSU whined because they went undefeated and failed to make the playoffs which is unheard of, Georgia lost, they can only blame themselves. FSU gets in if Travis did not get hurt but CFB only gives a shit about ratings. Given how every other bowl has now become an embarrassment they more than ever needed neither of the playoff games to be duds.

Guy with a Raiders avatar talking about crappy teams, irony is thick

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

I guess the committee got it right all along.
    As a long time poster I know you know better. As a moderator maybe looking to drive traffic? Understandable. Sad, but understandable

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    As a long time poster I know you know better. As a moderator maybe looking to drive traffic? Understandable. Sad, but understandable
    I can't hit one out of the park all the time.
    (I do try though)
    I'm only flesh and blood.

All good S&T
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave stevenash 50 Betpoint(s) for this post.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Dude, this game is meaningless. Nothing can be derived from its result. Anyone trying to play the "I told you so" card is a casual who knows nothing about football.

You're the clown in the other Orange Bowl thread a few weeks back who was so tone deaf that you hilariously tabbed this game as a "dream matchup" and I straight up told you nothing could be further from the truth. This version of Florida State would have their hands full with Northwestern.
    this is what I'm talking about

i said fla st didn't deserve to be in. this guy insists otherwise

fla st loses 63 to 3, and yet somehow I'm the clown

there's nothing to talk about here

i suggest however you go into politics. a lot of great politicians are never wrong, able to spin everything and anything

johnnyvegas13

i suggest however you go into politics. a lot of great politicians are never wrong, able to spin everything and anything
    Dumb argument since they would not of sat half the team if they are in

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    they lost 63 to 3 cochise and here you are defending them

like i said your brain can turn to mush here

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Dumb argument since they would not of sat half the team if they are in
    georgia had bowers out and clearly if georgia benched 20 guys they still kick their /ss. or is 63 to 3 not clear enough for you

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    FSU whole team wasn't playing. If you are making a case for a playoff discussion based off today then maybe the people who asked you if you watch football were on to something.
    right, the people who asked if I've ever watched college football were on the right track

thanks guy I'm so much better off hearing that brilliant comment. way to go musta taken you.hours to come up with thst one. well done!!

budwiser

The secret is just roll with it.
    I poke playful fun at others, so when it's my turn to get poked at, I just go with it.

All good.
    understood

you have to put things in context because i play with real money

and context is big in sports wagering imo

Eddy Munny

You're an absolute dullard. Nowhere in my post did I insist Florida State deserved to be in. My opinion on that is irrelevant. What I insisted on is that the result of this game demonstrates nothing in regards to your opinion on the CFP. The fact that you're oblivious to a point that seemingly everyone else in this thread understands, only proves that you prefer to snuggle up in your own echo chamber rather than deal in objective data.

When Johnny Vegas quotes your post and calls it "dumb" you've officially hit rock bottom.

budwiser

You're an absolute dullard. Nowhere in my post did I insist Florida State deserved to be in. My opinion on that is irrelevant. What I insisted on is that the result of this game demonstrates nothing in regards to your opinion on the CFP. The fact that you're oblivious to a point that seemingly everyone else in this thread understands, only proves that you prefer to snuggle up in your own echo chamber rather than deal in objective data.

When Johnny Vegas quotes your post and calls it "dumb" you've officially hit rock bottom.
    right, i suck (or fill in synonym) you're always right etc etc

anything else you have to add or are we done here.

johnnyvegas13

georgia had bowers out and clearly if georgia benched 20 guys they still kick their /ss. or is 63 to 3 not clear enough for you
    Not really no

maybe 100-3 would b

Eddy Munny

right, i suck (or fill in synonym) etc etc etc

anything else you have to add or are we done here.
    Yes, your reading comprehension sucks.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Not really no

maybe 100-3 would b
    ok got it

2Sweeet
    2Sweeet's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2559

Fla St reminds me of the Atlanta Braves. Bring the BCS to baseball so we don't have to watch the Braves get bent over every year with the Dodgers. Neither team has a shot they are reg season teams that play in horrible divisions.. Phillies r the cream of the crop in the NL East and the NL overall and do it winning 90 games only a yr get over it
    Last edited by 2Sweeet; 12-30-23 at 09:40 PM.

budwiser

yeah that braves team with maddux glavine chipper etc one of the greatest mlb teams of all time could have probably should have won more world series. i remember games on tbs with my dad
    a lot of life is growing up and maturing. fla st coach is to blame imo for crying and whining. he did the program and himself a lot of damage with this display. i said i would have put then in based on their record. but you have to move on in life. people get cancer die there's wars all this, whining about not going to a bcs game after you lost your top 2 qb's is just bad, and worse when you don't show up. look in the mirror, take a hit, move on, give it 24 hours, and you're better off for it imo

for the record i had nothing on this game, i was busy. i take no joy in seeing florida state make a joke of the orange bowl. if they want to whine about it, then don'tshow up. i'm embarrassed of college football and agree with kirby smart this has to be fixed

jmo

budwiser

societal issues aside, this being a sports betting forum

what do you do

even if you didn't bet it, you learn from it

the next times a coach whines about this or that, consider the fade. because this was like picking money off trees

and that's how you succeed in sports betting, by admitting when you're wrong, when you're right, and learning when you have nothing on the line

Eddy Munny

societal issues aside, this being a sports betting forum

what do you do

even if you didn't bet it, you learn from it

the next times a coach whines about this or that, consider the fade. because this was like picking money off trees

and that's how you succeed in sports betting, by admitting when you're wrong, when you're right, and learning when you have nothing on the line
    But they didn't lose because a coach "whined."

They lost because a parade of NFL talent left the building. What part of that is so hard for you to grasp?

You just like the smell of your own gas.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

But they didn't lose because a coach "whined."

They lost because a parade of NFL talent left the building. What part of that is so hard for you to grasp?

You just like the smell of your own gas.
    Actually, Norvell said that the players sat out partly because they felt disrespected

Georgia also felt disrespected, but most of their players in the same situation chose to play

That should tell you something about the coaches and the programs

12 Last