swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    they lost 63 to 3 cochise and here you are defending them

like i said your brain can turn to mush here
    What the fuk are you on about? Defending who? I took a playful jab at Nash because he, like the overwhelming majority, knows this game was nothing but a glorified exhibition, no better than a preseason game. Do I think FSU is better than Georgia? Not necessarily. But I do know starters vs starters they're not 60 points better, and if you think differently then you need to change your screen name. Cochise.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    Actually, Norvell said that the players sat out partly because they felt disrespected

Georgia also felt disrespected, but most of their players in the same situation chose to play

That should tell you something about the coaches and the programs
    Yeah but that's a different argument.

The fact remains FSU was blown out because of mass exodus that amounted to a semi-pro team.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    What the fuk are you on about? Defending who? I took a playful jab at Nash because he, like the overwhelming majority, knows this game was nothing but a glorified exhibition, no better than a preseason game. Do I think FSU is better than Georgia? Not necessarily. But I do know starters vs starters they're not 60 points better, and if you think differently then you need to change your screen name. Cochise.
    i gotta change my screen name

another one for the ages

Eddy Munny

another one for the ages
    You should register for handicap status while you're at it. Think of all premier parking spots you've been missing out on.

Just tell them that defections to the NFL had zero bearing on the Orange Bowl for FSU, it was the coach's "whining" that did them in. Make sure you get a balloon and a bumper sticker on the way out.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by getaloadoffatso View Post
    Actually, Norvell said that the players sat out partly because they felt disrespected

Georgia also felt disrespected, but most of their players in the same situation chose to play

That should tell you something about the coaches and the programs
    that's my take also

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    You should register for handicap status while you're at it. Think of all premier parking spots you've been missing out on.

Just tell them that defections to the NFL had zero bearing on the Orange Bowl for FSU, it was the coach's "whining" that did them in. Make sure you get a balloon and a bumper sticker on the way out.
    it has everything to do with the fla st coach.

if he says we had a great year let's finish itboff he gets sympathy credit offers for jobs

he had diamond hands.

is what it is

and we'll agree to disagree

Eddy Munny

it has everything to do with the fla st coach.

if he says we had a great year let's finish itboff he gets sympathy credit offers for jobs

he had diamond hands.

is what it is

and we'll agree to disagree
    Oh really? He gets offers for jobs out of sympathy? But those same job offers were rescinded on account of whining? That's quite an assertion. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that's your own personal speculation... not cold, hard fact.

You seem to get caught up in these emotional flights of fancy. It's really not that complicated. A lot of talent removed themselves from the Noles' roster, no different than 90% of non-CFP participants to one extent or another, and they got taken to the woodshed with their skeleton crew helmed by a true freshman quarterback.

There is no mystery here, Sherlock.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    I knew you would say something stupid like this. 80% of FSUs offensive production opted out. All the top NFL talent on defense all out. 22 total players not playing. Georgia is playing the practice squad, good for them.

I already predicted homie1975 would start a thread like this, maybe they are identical twins?

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

The logic is simple to me: FSU gave the middle finger to the committee opting-out the majority of their starters. Why should we play in a game when we were robbed of a Final Four appearance. To me, this was a silent protest without being publicized or even mentioned. Without a doubt in my mind.......they basically ruined the bowl game on purpose because the NCAA ruined their season now didn't they? Telling an undefeated team from a power conference that played 2 SEC teams (that were not named Vanderbilt) and didn't lose this season.

It was the biggest silent middle finger I've ever seen......Good for you players for making a statement of how you were cheated.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    The logic is simple to me: FSU gave the middle finger to the committee opting-out the majority of their starters. Why should we play in a game when we were robbed of a Final Four appearance. To me, this was a silent protest without being publicized or even mentioned. Without a doubt in my mind.......they basically ruined the bowl game on purpose because the NCAA ruined their season now didn't they? Telling an undefeated team from a power conference that played 2 SEC teams (that were not named Vanderbilt) and didn't lose this season.

It was the biggest silent middle finger I've ever seen......Good for you players for making a statement of how you were cheated.
    Plus, the whole "well Georgia was disappointed too" is a false equivalency imo. There's a pretty big distinction between winning every game on the schedule as a Power Fiver and being shutout of the playoffs, versus losing your most recent contest in your home state, knowing full well that in doing so you relinquish control of your own destiny. Florida State's fate was a much bigger punch to the gut.

If you have an NFL payday awaiting you and you've just been stripped of a shot at the title due to circumstances entirely out of your control, there isn't a whole lot anyone can say to you to instill you with the motivation it's gonna take to go swap paint with Georgia for 60 minutes. The incentive just isn't there. A moral victory doesn't add to the trophy case in Tallahassee.
    Points Awarded:

hehfest gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Plus, the whole "well Georgia was disappointed too" is a false equivalency imo. There's a pretty big distinction between winning every game on the schedule as a Power Fiver and being shutout of the playoffs, versus losing your most recent contest in your home state, knowing full well that in doing so you relinquish control of your own destiny. Florida State's fate was a much bigger punch to the gut.

If you have an NFL payday awaiting you and you've just been stripped of a shot at the title due to circumstances entirely out of your control, there isn't a whole lot anyone can say to you to instill you with the motivation it's gonna take to go swap paint with Georgia for 60 minutes. The incentive just isn't there. A moral victory doesn't add to the trophy case in Tallahassee.

The NCAAF committee and the power behind them told FSU that none of their games mattered this year. They ended up all being exhibition practice games. So, I'd tell them to F-OFF too if it were me.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    The NCAAF committee and the power behind them told FSU that none of their games mattered this year. They ended up all being exhibition practice games. So, I'd tell them to F-OFF too if it were me.
    correct.

committee said we could care less about all your wins.

here, stinky orange bowl game vs georgia

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 882

Kirby got paid, Norvell got paid, the kids got paid and each school received MILLIONS for this debacle. NEXT!

budwiser

100%

the price just to get in the rose bowl, worst seats, is $500

and florida state played in the orange bowl

enough said

Flashmo
    Flashmo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24333

Quote Originally Posted by 2Sweeet View Post
    Fla St reminds me of the Atlanta Braves. Bring the BCS to baseball so we don't have to watch the Braves get bent over every year with the Dodgers. Neither team has a shot they are reg season teams that play in horrible divisions.. Phillies r the cream of the crop in the NL East and the NL overall and do it winning 90 games only a yr get over it
    How did the cream of the crop Phillies do against the crappy division Diamondbacks in the NLCS?....oh yeah---they got bent over

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

another one for the ages
    Think about it, brainiac

First 12