hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

USF vs. CUSE Opt-Out and Transfer

CUSE

Braden Davis QB - Appears to be the starter here. Freshman. First Start. QB's Garrett Shrader (shoulder surgery) and Del Rio-Wilson both out
    Leon Lowery - Edge Starter - 3.5 sacks/46 tackles
    Jeremiah Wilson - CB - 5 PD and 1 int - (3rd on team in Passes Defensed)

USF

No significant opt-outs or transfers to my knowledge or recent injuries.
    Last edited by hehfest; 12-21-23 at 02:55 PM.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

QB Braden Davis - Freshman

Height: 6’5”
    Weight: 200 lbs
    Hometown: Middletown, DE
    High School/Previous College: Middletown High (University of South Carolina)

2022 stats:
    Davis took a redshirt year in 2022 but was stellar as a high school senior two years ago with 1,872 passing yards, 20 passing touchdowns and a 73% completion rate (114/156 on passes). He also ran the ball 46 times for 638 yards and three touchdowns on his road to winning Gatorade Player of the Year in Delaware.

2023 projections: With Garrett Shrader entering this season as the presumed starter and Carlos Del Rio-Wilson backing him up, Davis will likely not get much playing time this upcoming season. However, his potential as an athletic, dual-threat quarterback is hard to shy away from - especially once you factor in how recruitment rankings, the number of SEC teams who went after him and the fit within the Orange’s offensive system. Here’s to hoping he can step up as a starter in 2024.

How’d he get here?: Davis originally committed to the South Carolina Gamecocks over a laundry list of elite programs - Alabama, Georgia, Penn State, Oregon, Clemson, Tennessee, LSU, Stanford, Florida State (the list keeps on going...) - before entering the transfer portal and joining the Orange in May.

What’d recruiting sites say?: Four stars on ESPN and ranked 239th overall in their ESPN300 recruiting list for the class of 2022. Three stars from ON3 and 247sports, who also ranked him as the best recruit in Delaware and the 23rd-best quarterback in the country.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    CUSE

Braden Davis QB - Appears to be the starter here. Freshman. First Start. QB's Garrett Shrader (shoulder surgery) and Del Rio-Wilson both out
    Leon Lowery - Edge Starter - 3.5 sacks/46 tackles
    Jeremiah Wilson - CB - 5 PD and 1 int - (3rd on team in Passes Defensed)

USF

No significant opt-outs or transfers to my knowledge or recent injuries.
    Nice I like florida before I saw thsi

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

I'm likely to pass on this game Johnny. GL to you.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post
    Fumble Return TD. So Fla, 14-0.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyvegas13 View Post

Nice win Johnny V. I was leaning USF but bet the under instead. That got there too, but not a Johnny V shut-out. WOW. Sort of an embarrassment for the Cuse to lose like that. FG kicker tries to pass it or something and fumbles it instead of falling to ground. It was laughable. I almost thought with those plays I'd lose the under.