sherkhan
    sherkhan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Would Florida St beat Alabama or Georgia heads up right now?

I really wanted Florida St in the playoffs. But is there any way they would beat Alabama or Georgia heads up right now?

If the answer is no, the selection committee made the right decision.

If the answer is yes, the selection committee should be fired ASAP.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Right now, without Jordan FSU would not beat Alabama, Georgia, Texas, Washington, Ohio State, and Oregon.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Quote Originally Posted by sherkhan View Post
    I really wanted Florida St in the playoffs. But is there any way they would beat Alabama or Georgia heads up right now?

If the answer is no, the selection committee made the right decision.

If the answer is yes, the selection committee should be fired ASAP.
    Who cares, the chick shit committee basically already told us that winning games doesn't matter.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Who cares, the chick shit committee basically already told us that winning games doesn't matter.
    Undefeated is something, it's not everything.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    That's a great post. It's really like the committee turned it into a BETTING BOARD instead of a merit board.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Spoken like a true SEC guy. If Bama was in FSUs shoes they would have been in you can guarantee that.

stevenash

Liberty, like FSU went 12-0 and like FSU Liberty won their conference title game, did Liberty get screwed?

Bottom line, a one loss Alabama team, and a one loss Texas team, whose losses by the way were both by razor thin margins and both to nationally ranked teams deserve a final four spot over FSU.

Undefeated is something, not everything.
    If undefeated were everything Liberty is in.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Liberty, like FSU went 12-0 and like FSU Liberty won their conference title game, did Liberty get screwed?

Bottom line, a one loss Alabama team, and a one loss Texas team, whose losses by the way were both by razor thin margins and both to nationally ranked teams deserve a final four spot over FSU.

Your right winning isn't everything, FSU doesn't have the SEC on their helmet so they don't get an auto pass to the playoff.

stevenash

Your right winning isn't everything, FSU doesn't have the SEC on their helmet so they don't get an auto pass to the playoff.
    So, are you saying FSU right now is a better team than Alabama or Texas?
    I say they are not, if you say FSU is better, than we can go back and forth all day and night until the cows come home and nothing will get resolved here.

ChuckyTheGoat

The committee doesn't understand SOS at all.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    The committee doesn't understand SOS at all.
    No, they do not, and I neither an Alabama fan boy (Ally is) nor a Seminole hater.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

If Jerry Falwell was still alive, Liberty would have been selected
    Now he's crying in heaven

His stupid son ruined it by being a sexual deviant pervert and bringing shame on Liberty University

In other words, the devil kept Liberty out of the playoff

unde0087
    Did we win?

So, are you saying FSU right now is a better team than Alabama or Texas?
    I say they are not, if you say FSU is better, than we can go back and forth all day and night until the cows come home and nothing will get resolved here.
    FSU could play with either, they haven't lost even with a 3rd string QB. Hell Texas was barely beating clown teams down the stretch and Bama needed a miracle to beat Auburn who couldn't avoid getting blasted by a FCS team. I didn't know we were crowning those two teams like they were invincible. I am saying the committee jobbed FSU as bad as they could. If the committee had any merit they would have dropped FSU out of the top 4 for the final several weeks letting us all know that FSU had work to do but they didn't. We all knew FSU offense wasn't going to look very good with a kid that has seen zero time but the defense destroyed Ville and still won. They knew this prior and also knew the backup would be ready to play in the first playoff game. They made themselves look like clowns. Now if FSU was #5 going into championship week at least we would have had some clarity.

stevenash

^
    You make clear and valid points which is why I say we can do this day and night until the cows come home and not resolve this debate.

I'm not saying I'm right and you're wrong, but conversely, I'm not saying you're right and I'm wrong.

What's the very essence of these message boards?
    The difference of opinions.

ChuckyTheGoat

Nashy, I'll give you an example of my SOS comment:

*When SMU won at Tulane, did you see the faces of the SMU players?

It was a huge break-thru win. Road win over legit top20 team. I was CONVINCED that SMU would be the Mid Major team to earn the New Years Day bowl bid.

Committee does their rankings. Liberty comes in one pip ahead of SMU. Come on, SMU is much better than Liberty.

Liberty played a very light schedule. Props to Liberty but SMU is 6 points better than Liberty. That 13-0 looks good but who did they play?

SMU's only losses were to Okla and TCU. 13-0 but the committee doesn't know any better. SMU got jobbed on this one, they would have easily gone 13-0 vs Liberty's schedule.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

“Ohio st, Georgia, Oregon and Penn state would all be favourites over Flordia state. In fact, Georgia would be favoured vs all four CFP teams.”

As per a Vegas sports book director.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post
    “Ohio st, Georgia, Oregon and Penn state would all be favourites over Flordia state. In fact, Georgia would be favoured vs all four CFP teams.”

And maybe even Iowa.
    Iowa's defense is better than FSU's and without Jordan FSU's offense is a pop gun offense.

ChuckyTheGoat

And maybe even Iowa.
    Iowa's defense is better than FSU's and without Jordan FSU's offense is a pop gun offense.
    Honestly, it's a very fair view. The outcome is of reasonable minds.

One thing I didn't like:
    *Two weeks b4, the Committee Chair said that they weren't penalizing FlaSt.
    *Then on the last vote, he said that he didn't think FlaSt was the team they were two weeks ago.
    ...Contradiction, and it's hard to win games. They won two games on grit and deserve credit for that.

unde0087
    Did we win?

And maybe even Iowa.
    Nasher, The fact that Iowa is ranked is a joke. That team is a pile of shit. They beat no one and played two ranked teams and were beat 57-0. FSU could start a fieldgoal kicker and win 30-0.

stevenash

Nasher, The fact that Iowa is ranked is a joke. That team is a pile of shit. They beat no one and played two ranked teams and were beat 57-0. FSU could start a fieldgoal kicker and win 30-0.
    You're right on that one.
    I was a little over the top with the Iowa reference.

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

Why the fuk would the big10 split up and have a west and east???

Could have had a rematch of Michigan and Ohio st…

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17069

What would be the O/U on a FSU-Iowa matchup? 23.5 ???

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

This is exactly what I figured. People deciding based on whatever they want to use when they haven't played each other heads up to find out. It's all bullshit speculation that there is no way w/o Travis they would beat one if not all of those teams. And we already know the bowl game against Georgia will be full of opt-outs so that won't mean squat either way.

There is no way to know. It's all speculative bullshit.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by stackz125 View Post

The books had Oregon favored over Washington, too (twice, fwiw. Fuk, they had Oregon State favored over UW). And Georgia over Bama. And Tulane over SMU. And Toledo over Miami (OH). All Conference Championship games, all with something on the line, unlike a lot of the bowl games. And they were wrong on every one. So, not a compelling factor. The only correct answer is MONEY, but the "committee" isn't man enough to step up and own it. Too easy to parrot the quarterback/competitive/we don't want another blowout narrative. Everybody likes to bring up TCU getting blown out last year; funny they never mention the only reason they were in position to get blown out is because they beat higher seeded Michigan in the semis.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26331

I think Georgia will smoke Florida State.

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

Well i would take coleman wilson and benson the other offensive players on the fsu offense over any other offensive teams. We have seen Purdy who was the last draft pick for the niners and Logan Browning just put up numbers in the nfl the fsu team has 3 weeks to prepare anything can happen. Is this fsu team better than the tcu team that beat michigan last year? The defense is atleast.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7301

It is pointless to base worthiness on whether a team would beat another. The game is played on the field. Upsets happen. Favored teams play bad and lose to dogs.
    FSU would have given Michigan a close game.
    Michigan had less than 300 yards in their last 3 games.
    They are overrated and FSU would have a chance to win that game.
    To say Alabama would be a better game is probably true.
    But to screw all the FSU players out of the chance to beat the cheaters was wrong

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    But to screw all the FSU players out of the chance to beat the alleged cheaters was wrong

Fixed your post.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

IMO there was no easy answer. Someone was going to feel like they got hosed. So the committee went with what sells and gets views. Scoring.
    They eliminated Fla. State because they felt they might not score much or at all against Michigan. A terrible reason but in the end , it's always about the money/ views/ interest achieved.

Thankfully this is the last year of this nonsense as they expend to enough teams next year so we will be left to argue about fringe teams and not teams that did as much as Fla. St. did.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

You can get FLOR ST +14.5!! Another word is Vegas thinks a blow out if Georgia comes to play!! Line says it all!! THEY ARE SAYING ANOTHER TCU BLOW OUT!!

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29090

Yeah thats exactly why they left them out of the playoffs.

Thank God.

ddittie
    ddittie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 309

Florida State isn't even top 7 with their best QB healthy. They will get annihilated by Georgia.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Most of you guys make it seem like fla st is a one man show. They have elite nfl talent on both sides of the ball. And Rodemaker is not that bad. You give him a month to prepare and he would look different. Travis was not all that great for much of his career. In fact, he was in a battle for the starting job every yr except this season.

WillyJ420
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    WillyJ420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

I dont think they could beat neither Bama nor Georgia