News Conference For Florida State, Georgia Bowl Game Has Been Canceled

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Whooooaaaaa!!! WTF?

Eddy Munny

Wait, I read that wrong... the news conference was cancelled, not the bowl game.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Yes, but trust me EM, that game is in danger.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 143

Maybe the committee can use the time to give us more bullshit

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 897

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Maybe the committee can use the time to give us more bullshit
    Now that’s funny. 30 minutes of bullshit. Be like cable news.

getaloadoffatso
    getaloadoffatso's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1730

What are the vegas odds that the game is even played???

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9462

There is no chance the game is canceled. Florida State gets millions to just show up. No way they are throwing that money away. I think each team gets several million for this bowl game.

Surely there will be plenty of opt-outs on both sides.
    Points Awarded:

franz555 gave Seattle Slew 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

CANCELED!! Do you know how much money these school get to play in a bowl!! LMFAO!!!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

calm down fellas. the news conference was canceled. not the bowl game itself.

Seattle Slew

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    CANCELED!! Do you know how much money these school get to play in a bowl!! LMFAO!!!
    Even the worst bowl games give each school like $500,000 to $1 million, and the New Year's Six games I think might be around $5 million per team. Schools need this money to fund all their useless sports that draw no money.

FSU will put the cheerleaders on the field to salvage this game.

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22894

I Hope that they both Bail Out of the Game. Their Boosters will give them more than the 5 Mil they'll be fine.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Seattle Slew View Post
    There is no chance the game is canceled. Florida State gets millions to just show up. No way they are throwing that money away. I think each team gets several million for this bowl game.

Surely there will be plenty of opt-outs on both sides.
    Yep, nobody walks from that kind of loot. Worst case scenario both teams would show up and take a knee for 60 minutes just to make sure the checks cash, but they won't no show.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yep, nobody walks from that kind of loot. Worst case scenario both teams would show up and take a knee for 60 minutes just to make sure the checks cash, but they won't no show.
    That would be hilarious.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

They should show up for the game paycheck but not play hard since the reason FSU was overlooked was injuries. Don't want players to get injured and hurt their chances to make the playoff next year since records don't mean anything now and injuries to critical players are more important.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

fla st is going to play, they're still not ready to accept reality but they'll calm down

going to the orange bowl vs georgia that's a dream matchup for them regardless of playoffs

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by budwiser View Post
    fla st is going to play, they're still not ready to accept reality but they'll calm down

going to the orange bowl vs georgia that's a dream matchup for them regardless of playoffs
    Dream matchup my ass. Both teams will likely be shells of their regular season selves. There's almost nothing to gain here. The result, be it good or bad, is going to have an asterisk next to it. The only motivation will be for younger players trying to solidify their spot on the roster for next year.

Seattle Slew

Dream matchup my ass. Both teams will likely be shells of their regular season selves. There's almost nothing to gain here. The result, be it good or bad, is going to have an asterisk next to it. The only motivation will be for younger players trying to solidify their spot on the roster for next year.
    The whole bowl system is a sham with all the opt-outs. This game will be pure trash. Georgia must have at least 10 guys who will opt out.

budwiser

give it a week

if they all can be me I'll be them. they can be old sore finished, I'll be crying that life is unfair and playing in the orange bowl

budwiser

In the end the Fla St coach has to show some class and maturity and eat it. Everyone understands they are upset. Georgia also has a reason to be upset, they won 2 BCS championships in a row and most everyone agrees they are better than Florida State, and could easily win a 3rd.

Everyone whines about the past, I do too, but there comes a time to stop being childish about it and move on. If they want to gain good relations with the BCS committee, then accept it.

budwiser

I read where Ron DeSantis wants to sue the college selection committee. Give me a break.

At some point people need to grow up, I'm sorry to see it's Ron DeSantis. I'm no liberal, and we don't need a child running for President.

That's the thing about being young...you're a know-it-all, this is unfair. That's why they put only young people on the front lines in war, they're too stupid to know they're being used.

Eddy Munny

Go to bed old timer. We live in a day and age where opt outs are the norm. If the entire team opts out, it's within their rights. The same system that deemed them unworthy to compete for a championship can't turn around and demand them to be crash test dummies for 60 minutes in an exhibition parody of a game.
    Last edited by Eddy Munny; 12-08-23 at 06:17 AM.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

pavyracer gave Eddy Munny 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Da Manster!

Go to bed old timer. We live in a day and age where opt outs are the norm. If the entire team opts out, it's within their rights. The same system that deemed them unworthy to compete for a championship can't turn around and demand them to be crash test dummies for 60 minutes in an exhibition parody of a game.

stevenash

Open question to all?

If you think Florida State deserves a chance to play in the Final Four, then who doesn't belong, and why..
    Points Awarded:

budwiser gave stevenash 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Open question to all?
    If you think Florida State deserves a chance to play in the Final Four, then who doesn't belong, and why..
    Good question. Who belongs in the final 4 according to these folks who support Fla St in it.

franz555
    franz555's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8821

Florida St have a pretty weak sched compared to teams in the SEC. All they can do is play , and win , all 13 games and see what happens. I think they will get their azzes handed to them , but they earned the right imo
    Im biting my tongue when I say this : Think the voters got it right

budwiser

People talk about Fla St's weak schedule. Michigan is almost as bad.

According to sagarin, Michigan sos 56 fla st 61

texas 4 wash 5 bama 12

does it matter? my experience is SOS DOES matter in playoffs. it's not the only thing but definitely need to pay attention to it

budwiser

people go, well they're undefeated...this that and that....

consider it's the nfl, this team plays carolina and the jets, the other team plays san fran and miami

the first team goes 2-0 and loses their qb, and the second team goes 1-1 and has their qb who's doing better than he has all season

and some people cry about team #1 not getting there

it's ridiculous. i understand it, i think fla st deserves it, but move on

costs $500 just to get a seat in the far end zone for the bama mich game. if it was mich fla st less people would be there because they think mich is just gonna blow the doors off fla st. like it or not the world revolves around money, that's the only thing a lot of people care about, including a lot of people here who spend their time gambling to get more

stevenash

Didn't Alabama go undefeated in the SEC, including knocking off Georgia in their title game?
    That's more than enough to get Alabama in.

budwiser

Didn't Alabama go undefeated in the SEC, including knocking off Georgia in their title game?
    agree and glad we're going to 12 next season

wish it was this year a lot of teams should go including oregon ohio st georgia and obviously fla st, penn st too

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    They should show up for the game paycheck but not play hard since the reason FSU was overlooked was injuries. Don't want players to get injured and hurt their chances to make the playoff next year since records don't mean anything now and injuries to critical players are more important.

And next year they should schedule all MAC Teams non-conference, and just roll over by 50+ points every shitty team they can find and play. Then, just have no injuries. They will make it for sure. Since, the early part of the season doeen't mean shit and only the last game means anything.
    Points Awarded:

pavyracer gave hehfest 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: pavyracer

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

No. They lost to Auburn. They've decided to nullify that last play because their were 3 ineligible players downfield.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    No. They lost to Auburn. They've decided to nullify that last play because their were 3 ineligible players downfield.
    What was the bottom line?
    27-24

Da Manster!

What was the bottom line?
    27-24
    Yes, a 4th and 31 miracle TD to beat sorry ass Auburn! the same Tiger team that got their asses whooped by New Mexico ST 31 - 10 the week before at Jordan Hare stadium!

123 Last