Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24944

Texas Over Alabama for the National Title

This is revenge for that time Colt McCoy got hurt right away in the Natty and the real champion Longhorns fell to the Tide on account of the fact that Garrett freaking Gilbert (was that his name?) was thrown into the fire.

Sarkisian beats Saban... It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?

Shark
    Shark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10442

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    This is revenge for that time Colt McCoy got hurt right away in the Natty and the real champion Longhorns fell to the Tide on account of the fact that Garrett freaking Gilbert (was that his name?) was thrown into the fire.

Sarkisian beats Saban... It has a nice ring to it, doesn't it?
    These players don’t even know who colt mccoy is. But yes good knowledge on knowing Gilbert!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    These players don’t even know who colt mccoy is. But yes good knowledge on knowing Gilbert!
    I know the players don't. That wasn't my point. Fans, alum, pundits, the cosmos... they know.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

Yeah Gilbert I believe transferred to SMU

DrunkHorseplayer
    Redskins forever
    DrunkHorseplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19605

Alabama will beat Texas, if they get by UW.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I don't know Eddy. Has anyone beat Saban while at Bama twice in the same season?

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by hehfest View Post
    I don't know Eddy. Has anyone beat Saban while at Bama twice in the same season?
    I don't know, probably not, but it's not like there's a large sample size to draw from.

Texas' biggest hurdle might be getting past Washington, UW's strength plays right into the Longhorns' biggest weakness.

hehfest
    Tom, What do I do now?
    hehfest's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4190

I don't know, probably not, but it's not like there's a large sample size to draw from.

Texas' biggest hurdle might be getting past Washington, UW's strength plays right into the Longhorns' biggest weakness.
    Good point. Most likely they would be regular season SEC game and then SEC championship game. Other than the year Georgia faced them twice and beat them the second time in the Nat Title game.

budwiser
    budwiser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1040

Quote Originally Posted by Shark View Post
    agree to far in the past, they won't care for the colt mccoy game but bama will remember losing to texas at home

game will be in Houston so Texas will have a somewhat home field advantage

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 184

Lol

Michigan over Washington

budwiser

big reason i took bama over mich was strength of schedule

texas 4
    wash 5
    bama 12
    mich 56

michigan played nobody non conference

question with wash is penix. if he's healthy wash has a shot

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22894

Michigan HANDS DOWN FJB & F-da Commit

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32329

Quote Originally Posted by hawkwind View Post
    Michigan HANDS DOWN FJB & F-da Commit
    Michigan is the most 'complete' team of the four.

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Michigan is the most 'complete' team of the four.
    They don't have the skill guys on offense. Their defense is dominant but they're not very dynamic on the other side of the ball and haven't had to be because the laughable offenses they see in B1G never really threaten them. They're gonna have to show a lot more the next one or two games.

budwiser

watched a lot of football other than ohio st big 10 teams fail against the speed of sec teams. michigan likes to say mccarthy plays like milroe but they say milroe is the fastest guy on bama which is saying something. mccarthy is a different player than milroe

the majority is on bama which i don't like. milroe has trouble getting rid of the ball quickly and being accurate. that's why georgia had 2 spies on him, let him throw

watched a lot of big 10 vs sec games over the years and when sec team motivated these big strong white boys other than ohio st so often have trouble with the speed from the south. that said you have people saying mich is just as athletic as bama this year, but I'll believe it when i see it

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1748

Michigan vs Texas final. Michigan is your champion

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    Michigan vs Texas final. Michigan is your champion
    great. I'm hoping for a lot of michigan support

LongBall52
    LongBall52's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2374

I think any one of these 4 COULD win it...Haven't decided my lean yet. But these games are awhile off..Are there any GOOD bowl games where most or all of the players will decide to play in the game? That's what I hate about bowls

budwiser

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    I think any one of these 4 COULD win it...Haven't decided my lean yet. But these games are awhile off..Are there any GOOD bowl games where most or all of the players will decide to play in the game? That's what I hate about bowls
    no. season is over until jan 1
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by LongBall52 View Post
    Possibly the Georgia/FSU game but I wouldn't count on it. If there's nothing tangible at stake then the studs might peace out and chase the bag.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Possibly the Georgia/FSU game but I wouldn't count on it. If there's nothing tangible at stake then the studs might peace out and chase the bag.
    I've already heard that several key Georgia players are opting out of this game including stud TE Brock Bowers. (their best offensive weapon)...and Bulldogs have to be depressed and demoralized after being left out of the field. and ditto for FSU! they have to be crushed and devastated after being snubbed by the committee. motivation (or lack thereof) is going to be a big issue and problem for both teams!

Eddy Munny

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    I've already heard that several key Georgia players are opting out of this game including stud TE Brock Bowers. (their best offensive weapon)...and Bulldogs have to be depressed and demoralized after being left out of the field. and ditto for FSU! they have to be crushed and devastated after being snubbed by the committee. motivation (or lack thereof) is going to be a big issue and problem for both teams!
    Give me FSU and the points if that's the case, again, pending their personnel situation of course.

Rodemaker with a month to prepare will be far ahead of what Glenn was or Rodemaker himself in the Gator game.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2798

Give me FSU and the points if that's the case, again, pending their personnel situation of course.

Rodemaker with a month to prepare will be far ahead of what Glenn was or Rodemaker himself in the Gator game.
    100% agree! I'm definitely leaning Noles (+14)! Especially after Norvell made the remark that they are looking forward to playing in the Sugar Bowl! Now, to be honest, I don't know how much of that is really just "coach speak" but sounds like he might be chomping at the bit to make a statement to the committee. I'm going to be on the lookout for such comments from both coaches and players alike and see who is interested or motivated to play in these bowl games. It will definitely be a big factor in which way I decide to handicap and wager on a particular game!