Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Anyone know why Minnesota (college) jumped so much?

Line went from -3.5 5 to -7

I didn't hear any news on Tommy Devito, only thing I could think of is he's out

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Gophers running back Mohamed Ibrahim, who missed the team's 20-10 loss to Purdue on Oct. 1 because of an ankle injury, should be available to play Saturday at No. 24 Illinois, coach P.J. Fleck said Monday.
    "I do,'' Fleck said when asked if he expected Ibrahim to play, adding, "If we had another 24 hours, 48 hours [before the Purdue game], he might have made it.''
    Ibrahim was injured in the Sept. 24 game at Michigan State and was limited in practice before the Purdue game. He participated in pregame warmups before being ruled out by the team's medical staff.
    "It's something that you have, and it feels good,'' Fleck said of the injury. "Then overnight, it doesn't feel so good. We worked through it throughout the week and limited him in practice. … I thought he looked really good in warmups, but we wanted to keep him safe. He looks really good this week.''
    Ibrahim, a sixth-year senior and the 2020 Big Ten Running Back of the Year, leads the Gophers with 567 yards and eight touchdowns on 89 carries this season. His per-game average of 141.75 yards ranks fourth nationally, and his 12.0 points per game ranks third. He has been especially proficient in breaking tackles and moving the pile, as his 388 yards after contact attest.
    With Ibrahim out, the Gophers could not get their running game going against Purdue. Minnesota rushed 26 times for only 47 yards, with Bryce Williams (11 carries, 35 yards) and Trey Potts (nine carries, 13 yards) seeing the bulk of the action.
    "Either we missed a hole at the running back position, made a cut too early, didn't trust it enough, or we got beat front. It was one or the other,'' Fleck said. "Anything that could have gone wrong in that game went wrong. Again, that's college football. What we learned is that really good football teams can find a way to overcome those things.''

Brock Landers

He's worth 3.5 points by himself?

I'm thinking Tommy Devito is OUT for Illinois

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Illinois's backup QB is trash.

Brock Landers

Quote Originally Posted by bonzaii View Post
    Illinois's backup QB is trash.
    Well known, but that's a huge jump

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    He's worth 3.5 points by himself?

I'm thinking Tommy Devito is OUT for Illinois
    i am thinking it is a combo. i can see an even higher line if Devito is ruled out.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Well known, but that's a huge jump
    There are two big ten games from last season where Art, the backup couldn't even throw over 60 yards passing. I believe he only started three Big Ten games last season. Than last week he threw for 74 yards. With Tommy, the starter, he's consistently throwing over 150 yards in Big Ten play.

So if Art can't even throw for 100 yards next week which I wouldn't count on. Illinois might only have like 200 yards of total offense with Chase getting his 100 + yards on the ground.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24911

My initial thought was that bettors:
    1) liked MINN off the bye.
    2) are revved up to back Minn in a boune-back spot.

Natty68
    Natty68's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2481

Fleck held off on the Ibraham info last week and stoiked a lot of people including me

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Draft Kings Opened: Minnesota -2

Bookmaker Opened: Minnesota -3.5

BetOnline Opened: Minnesota -4

It's possible that information wasn't concealed at all.... and this is strictly bettors pushing this number to -7 on their own. Chucky might be right.