homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

CINCY 14-10

come get some.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    just like the Pac 12 and Ore-GONE who i told you 10 weeks was not that good.

3 losses later...............
    You called it.

teecee
    teecee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2879

Michigan better crush Iowa. Move Michigan to #1 and let 'bama beat Georgia's asses again in the semifinals. Raise of hands for those that think this is likely. Just wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

uga should be below cincy

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by teecee View Post
    Michigan better crush Iowa. Move Michigan to #1 and let 'bama beat Georgia's asses again in the semifinals. Raise of hands for those that think this is likely. Just wishful thinking on my part, I'm sure.
    Hmmmmm I doubt the committee sets up a semis meeting again

1. Bama
    2. Michigan (if they beat IA).
    3. GA
    4. Cincy

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

So if Michigan loses Notre Dame slips in at 4?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    So if Michigan loses Notre Dame slips in at 4?
    it would appear that way.

But, it's 14-3 UM

teecee

Hmmmmm I doubt the committee sets up a semis meeting again

1. Bama
    2. Michigan (if they beat IA).
    3. GA
    4. Cincy
    Yeah and that's crap. Get GA the F outta here.

You are probably right and I dislike it. We don't have to have two shots for the SEC to get into the title game.

Enkhbat
    Enkhbat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26319

Wouldn't be shocked if Notre Dame is in over Georgia. I feel like there is favoritism for ND.

homie1975

Yeah and that's crap. Get GA the F outta here.

You are probably right and I dislike it. We don't have to have two shots for the SEC to get into the title game.
    Georgia is 12-1 and the only loss is to current Top 4 Bama on a neutral.

I think they deserve to go.

it was an extra game they should not have to play.

who would you put in there instead?

2 loss Baylor?

ND who did not have to play a 13th game?

who is more deserving than Georgia?

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Enkhbat View Post
    Wouldn't be shocked if Notre Dame is in over Georgia. I feel like there is favoritism for ND.
    I will be SHOCKED

but then again i am shocked that BOTH Ok State and Georgia lost today.

one i could see, but both?

no. did not see that happening.

teecee

No, Georgia is in. I just WANT to see them be forced to play Alabama in the semis. They won't win the title either way, imo.

homie1975

No, Georgia is in. I just WANT to see them be forced to play Alabama in the semis. They won't win the title either way, imo.
    understood. you don't want to see the SEC get two shots to get a team in the title game essentially monopolizing it. i get it.

Mac4Lyfe

UGA and Bama are clearly the 2 best teams in CFB. They were the last 2 years. No other teams would be favored over them.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    UGA and Bama are clearly the 2 best teams in CFB. They were the last 2 years. No other teams would be favored over them.
    it does not matter who would be favored.

the oddsmakers / betting market, does not get to determine who the top two are.

last week, Ohio State was favored by 8 over Michigan. OOPS!!!

today, Ok State was favored by 7 over Baylor. OOPS!!!

Georgia was favored by 6.5 over Bama. OOPS!!!

there is no reason why MICH should not get a chance to play Georgia (if UM beats Iowa) to see who is better.

GA looked unbeatable before today.

today, a Bama team that struggled in 5 games this season, made Georgia look PEDESTRIAN on DEFENSE

teecee

I agree with this assessment, but they should have just had them at one and two this week, instead of annoying the penetrate out of people b having Alabama leapfrog a team the committee thought was better than them this week.

homie1975

I agree with this assessment, but they should have just had them at one and two this week, instead of annoying the penetrate out of people b having Alabama leapfrog a team the committee thought was better than them this week.
    the committee is supposed to reshuffle the deck each week with the latest results that come in.

it's not that they thought UM was better than Bama per se, but that UM deserved to be ranked higher due to Body of Work.

Bama's body of work took a huge leap this week by their thrashing, yes thrashing, of #1 and 12-0 Georgia.

based on their criteria, they are absolutely justified in moving Bama to #1.

sorry Bro, but you have not read the criteria that the CFP committee follows, and i do not blame you because 98% of sports fans and human beings have not read it.

i just happen to be a CFB fanatic to the Nth degree times 1000 so i read it word for word.

teecee

the committee is supposed to reshuffle the deck each week with the latest results that come in.

it's not that they thought UM was better than Bama per se, but that UM deserved to be ranked higher due to Body of Work.

Bama's body of work took a huge leap this week by their thrashing, yes thrashing, of #1 and 12-0 Georgia.

based on their criteria, they are absolutely justified in moving Bama to #1.

sorry Bro, but you have not read the criteria that the CFP committee follows, and i do not blame you because 98% of sports fans and human beings have not read it.

i just happen to be a CFB fanatic to the Nth degree times 1000 so i read it word for word.
    You are absolutely correct. I have not read the criteria. I just hope Michigan beats UGA.

Mac4Lyfe

No way Michigan beats UGA. Both Bama and UGA will beat Cinci and UM by A LOT and end up replaying todays game. I don't like rematches but that's what's going to happen. Bama already bet UGA but will have to beat them again. It is very difficult to beat a team twice and is not fair.

The only team good enough to compete with UGA was Bama. If you think Michigan is, you are drinking some moonshine.

teecee

No way Michigan beats UGA. Both Bama and UGA will beat Cinci and UM by A LOT and end up replaying todays game. I don't like rematches but that's what's going to happen. Bama already bet UGA but will have to beat them again. It is very difficult to beat a team twice and is not fair.

The only team good enough to compete with UGA was Bama. If you think Michigan is, you are drinking some moonshine.
    I don't know if you are referring to me or the general "you," but I'm simply hoping Michigan beats Georgia. I'd like for Michigan to face UC in the title game. My wife and her close friend are UC grads and her husband a Michigan fan. Would be a fun evening

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

uga/bama prob look a little different uga will have a better chance I think and not just because methie tore his acl Im hearing

homie1975

If they wanted to, the committee could justify this ranking also:

1. Mich - up from 2
    2. Bama - up from 3
    3. Cincy - up from 4
    4. Georgia - down from 1

It would also avoid the semis rematch of bama v GA

homie1975

Cincy #4

close thread.

It is infamous.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They murdered everyone

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Yes but u.c. Lost to ga on last drive. They will have problems throwing the ball on cincy but may run it down their throats.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I admit when I'm wrong... and I was wrong. Cincinnati have fun with Alabama.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I admit when I'm wrong... and I was wrong. Cincinnati have fun with Alabama.
    we are all wrong, very often, all of us.

the fact you cannot give UM credit for whipping the Buckeyes is what i took exception with.

i am a diehard USC fan, but i never never never make excuses when they lose, especially when they get whipped.

Fred The Hammer
    Fred The Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8395

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Yes but u.c. Lost to ga on last drive. They will have problems throwing the ball on cincy but may run it down their throats.
    Its going to be tough on UC, but its not like this is one of Saban's better defenses. Georgia had 449 yds on them and A&M put up 41 on them this year. I do agree UC may have issues in the trenches but they blitz alot and their secondary holds up pretty well in single coverage. Key is Bama moves the ball so they have to hold them to atleast 2-3 FGs in the red zone and win the turnover battle.

I'm going with Bama 30 UC 23.....maybe 34-26 in more of a shootout?

Bama 13.5 and 59.5?

I'm taking UC +14 if I can buy .5 somewhere. MGM doesn't allow that anymore which sucks

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Fred The Hammer View Post
    Its going to be tough on UC, but its not like this is one of Saban's better defenses. Georgia had 449 yds on them and A&M put up 41 on them this year. I do agree UC may have issues in the trenches but they blitz alot and their secondary holds up pretty well in single coverage. Key is Bama moves the ball so they have to hold them to atleast 2-3 FGs in the red zone and win the turnover battle.

I'm going with Bama 30 UC 23.....maybe 34-26 in more of a shootout?

Bama 13.5 and 59.5?

I'm taking UC +14 if I can buy .5 somewhere. MGM doesn't allow that anymore which sucks
    I’m already locked and loaded Bama -13.5. Cinci will not be able to handle the physicality. Cinci is a lesser version of Ole Miss. Bama is built to beat those type of teams who used to give Saban trouble. Bama wins this by 4 TDS.

I’ll also be on UGA large as well. The gap between the SEC and the rest of CFB is large. We will see it in a few weeks. sCUMs offense is not nearly as good as they’ve looked the last 2 weeks. I really think we could see UGA shutting Michigan out.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    Chico, UGA had 10 guys sit out of that game to prepare for the draft. 10. Do not let that game or score dictate your bet this year. A lot of young guys played in that game.

Just like people pumped up Oklahoma this year because they blew out a Florida team that had a dozen plus players opt out of that bowl game.

Mac4Lyfe

The talking heads are already talking up Cinci as if they have a shot. Cmon man. Don’t be duped.

homie1975

I’m already locked and loaded Bama -13.5. Cinci will not be able to handle the physicality. Cinci is a lesser version of Ole Miss. Bama is built to beat those type of teams who used to give Saban trouble. Bama wins this by 4 TDS.

I’ll also be on UGA large as well. The gap between the SEC and the rest of CFB is large. We will see it in a few weeks. sCUMs offense is not nearly as good as they’ve looked the last 2 weeks. I really think we could see UGA shutting Michigan out.
    MACker you are going to look really smart or really foolish 26 days from now.

I will say this: MAD RESPECT for putting your opinions out there and standing by them.

P.S. i still think you are letting your emotions get in the way on UM. they are much better than you give them credit for.

extremely live dog vs JAWJA.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I've already started pregaming for the game tomorrow. Will take a short nap at 2 AM then get back to drinking.

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2134

Quote Originally Posted by gummo View Post
    I've already started pregaming for the game tomorrow. Will take a short nap at 2 AM then get back to drinking.
    Hell yeah! I’m getting ready to drink for a big day of party and games.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Alabama wins by at least 21

First ... 91011121314 Last