DucktheHoward
    DucktheHoward's Avatar Become A Pro!

Duck's 21 CFB

CFB Week 1

Tulane +32 1/2

OU TT U 49 1/2

The line has moved 7 points since the game was moved to Norman. I think that is serious overreaction. New Orleans was always going to feel like an OU home game, as Sooner fans travel as well as anyone.

Hell, OU is even painting the Tulane logo on the field and agreeing to give all ticket sale proceeds to Tulane -- this is not a game that Lincoln Riley will be looking to hang a 50 spot on the opponent. Plenty of time for that in week 2 (and, most likely, week 3)

Look for OU to jump early out and play a ball control game with 6 and 8 minute drives. Very thin at RB, so looking for them to give a look at who is going to be RB 2 behind Brooks.

DucktheHoward

Texas -8

Rice +19 1/2

DucktheHoward

Texas/TCU

TCU +4 1/2 (Small Play)

Gary Patterson is 7-2 against the Horns. Perhaps more impressively, 5 of those wins have come following a loss, so TCU not only plays Texas well, they bounce back well against them

TCU coming off an emotional loss against SMU -- one of the assistants took a helmet to the face at the end of the game, so you have to wonder how much focus TCU has for tomorrow. Going off history, I'd say they will be up for the Longhorns

Texas has been playing well, but this will be their first trip away from their home field since the Arkansas game....they destroyed Rice, but so did Houston. I've never been a fan of the Sarkesian hire, and I have my doubts if he can stand up to the pressure of Texas.

TCU gets up for Texas and the Horns find themselves in a 4 quarter fight

DucktheHoward

Cincy/ND (Fine Play)

ND +105

I'm not buying the Cincy hype. So what, they went thru their regular season undefeated and played mighty Georgia close in their bowl game. I'm an SEC hater, but I'll go out on a limb here and say there is a big difference in playing the SEC in a bowl game versus beating them in the regular season. Also, I don't put much weight into last season with everything that was going on

Last time Cincy went on the road on the stage like this, they were waxed 42-0 by Ohio St. Cincy feels a lot like Iowa St to me, getting credit for what they did last season and riding that momentum up into the top 10 until they get exposed for the middling little hens that they are

Notre Dame suffering from public perception for its tendency to play close games. Well, whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Also, if you're feeling frisky, take a stab at: ND by 13-18 points (+850) and ND by 19-24 (+1400), available at Bovada

DucktheHoward

OU/KSU (Small Play)

KSU +11 1/2

Lifelong Sooner fan here, so I don't bet OU games unless I get a chance to play them as a straight up dog....but do the Sooners have any business being a double digit favorite on the road against any competent team?

Manhattan has always been a tough place to play, and even if KSU has to roll with a backup QB, this is a big # for OU to cover. Heck, last season KSU wasn't even sure if they'd be able to play against OU because they were dealing with COVID issues, but they still managed to pull out a win in Norman even after spotting the Sooners a 21 point lead. 2 years ago, KSU was crushing until OU managed a late rally to turn a 48-23 butt kicking into a more respectable 48-41 defeat

I know some folks are still betting OU from the "this is the week they finally put it together" angle, but I'm not so sure. I picked OU to "put it together" last week and came out looking like a fool. Also, I feel like this is a good spot to to take the dog straight up (currently +344 at ACR)

EDIT: I am looking forward to seeing if playing away from home may actually help OU
    Last edited by DucktheHoward; 10-01-21 at 11:52 AM.

DucktheHoward

Arkansas/Georgia (The Best Play There Ever Was or Will Be, Unless This One Loses)

Arkansas +18 1/2

Arkansas +650 (Believer Play)

**Pay attention to the availability of KJ Jefferson. I think he will play, but it seems like the confidence in his ability to go has dropped as the week has gone on.**

Living in Arkansas just down from the Hill, this year's Arkansas team and fan experience reminds me so much of what I went through as a Sooner fan back in 2000. We had sucked for so long, and then, just like that, we were good again. First we destroyed Texas in the Cotton Bowl and suddenly we're a top 10 team again. There was hope, but we dared not say certain things out loud. Then we went on the road and knocked off #2 KSU and ended their long home winning streak. And then came #1 Nebraska. You want to believe, but somewhere in the back of your mind you're thinking "This is the week it comes crashing down". But no! We beat the Huskers 31-14. And then a few weeks later we went to Aggie land and won that game late with a pick 6. We had an all star staff that got the best from the talent that they had. Oh, memories

I was sitting in the hair chair the other day and suddenly everyone was talking about college football. It was great. One guy says, "In Arkansas, there's Jesus Christ and then there's Sam Pittman". Another guy says, "It's nice to look forward to Saturdays again". And everybody's got that nervous energy about them -- they don't want to say out loud that in their hearts, they think the Hogs have a chance. They Believe. Instead, what they say out loud is they hope the Razorbacks can go on the road and keep it close and show that they belong, that they can actually make it to something besides the Belk Bowl

Hard to believe that this is the same Arkansas team that trailed Rice 17-7 late in the 3rd quarter. This coaching staff is locked in; so locked in that they took some time during training camp to prepare for 11 am kickoffs. I'm not sure if every team does this, but it's the first time I have ever heard a coach say that this was part of their preseason preparation. I expected them to struggle against Georgia Southern's option offense the week after the Texas game, but they rolled in that game from start to finish.

Arkansas is 4-0 with wins over the Turd-Horns and the Aggies, yet Arkansas hasn't really been put to the test, as they have started fast in both those games and never had to deal with the pressure of playing from behind and in front of a hostile crowd. I think this coaching staff is too good to allow this game to turn into a blowout, and the Razorbacks are a scrappy lot.

Who gets off to the hot start on Saturday? Arkansas is outscoring it opponents 34-0 in the 1st quarter. Georgia is outscoring it opponents 70-6 in the first quarter.

Can Arkansas pull the outright? I think they can, but if they do, they are going to need to make a play in the 2nd half. A game changing play. A fake punt from their own 35 as they feel the game getting away from them kind of a play. The kind of play that makes the home crowd restless. "Oh no, here we go again". Georgia fans are great (before the playoff against the Sooners a few years ago, I traded trash talk back and forth, but they showed a lot of class after), but there is grumbling about the lack of a national championship. I can relate to that!

Looking for a good, bruising game tomorrow and see Georgia getting ahead early and keeping Arkansas at arm's length to win by 10-12 points, but I think this Razorback team does have a shot. With Pittman and crew on the sideline, they will not be short of confidence, belief, and the willingness to lay it all out there

And if the Razorbacks do get steamrolled, then I can jump off the old bandwagon and start trashing them again

DucktheHoward

OU/Texas

OVER 63 1/2 (Monster Play)

1) Lincoln Riley and Steve Sarkesian are respected as two of the best offensive play callers in the game, and they will both be calling plays against vulnerable defenses

2) The OU offense has not put up as many points as we are used to seeing, but here’s the thing: OU’s opponents have milked the play clock (OU had a mere 3 possessions in the first half of last week’s game) the way those Ivy League basketball teams used to do. Texas won’t do that.

3) Last year’s game had an O/U of 75, so the opening line of 63 ½ is a severe downgrade compared to last season's 48-45 game. This lower total is due to the struggles of the OU offense, but if you watched the Sooners last week, you saw an offense that played its best game of the season and I expect that to carry over

4) The OU secondary is still having a hard time covering people. OU ranks 67th in pass efficiency defense, which is middle of the pack, and Texas ranks 106th in this same category. Both defenses are prone to getting beat by the deep ball, and I expect both teams to take their shots downfield.

5) The running game is always a major factor in this game. Coach Stoops preached it before every game, and Coach Riley says the same thing. Which team can get its run game going? We know what Texas brings to the table, but what about the Sooners? OU rates 75th running the ball; if you remove the WCU game, OU would rank at #100 with just 124.5 yards per game.

(5-Cont) This will be Riley’s 5th game in the series, and OU has rushed for at least 200 yards in 3 of the 4 games – and in the one they missed the 200 yard mark, they still managed 174. OU offensive line coach Bedenbaugh is a veteran of this series and had his unit playing its best football of the season last week, and Kennedy Brooks is an experienced back coming off his best game of the season. OU will do what it needs to do in the running game, including getting its WRs involved

6) Obviously, we want TDs and not FGs to cover the total, but both teams have excellent kickers who are both accurate up to 50-55 yards out, and they have both delivered in clutch spots. Dicker hit a long game winner as time ran out against OU a couple of years ago, and Burkich has nailed clutch FGs all season, including 4 kicks from outside 50 yards.

7) Both offenses have Heisman caliber players. Spencer Rattler came into the season as one of the favorites but has fallen off the radar in recent weeks -- a big game on Saturday against a vulnerable defense puts him back into the conversation. Bijan Robinson has a chance to go from the outside looking in to right in the middle of the conversation if he has a big game, and I'd be surprised if he touches the ball fewer than 30 times, and it pains me to say that he'll break a few big ones

8) These 2 teams have played some wild second halves lately, and I think we'll get more of the same tomorrow with temperatures exepected to hit the mid-90s by the time the 4th quarter rolls around.

Pound the Over

Final Score Projection: OU A million billion, Texas 0

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

OU is not the same team. They play slower, they run more. Rattler misses open guys week after week. Something has been off with them all year. I agree, though, the pace should be faster

DucktheHoward

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    OU is not the same team. They play slower, they run more. Rattler misses open guys week after week. Something has been off with them all year. I agree, though, the pace should be faster
    Rattler's getting sharper -- 22/25 last week, and his one pick was on a 3rd and long around midfield that pretty much served the same purpose as a punt. The deep ball certainly hasn't been there, but he is hitting the short and intermediate routes with precision

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Great play man! Never in doubt

DucktheHoward

Nebraska/Minnesota

It was only a few days ago that I said Nebraska would make a good fade the rest of the season. Frost looked like he was done as he walked off the field after another tough loss. However, the Nebraska AD came out and thanked the team and the coaching staff for leaving it all on the field. It's not often you see the boss make a statement like that, especially if he plans on firing the coach. Which makes me thing that Frost might survive another year, assuming that the team doesn't quit on him.

Nebraska playing its 8th straight week (they were one of the few teams in action on Week 0) and have its bye week in front of them. 2 weeks ago, Minnesota lost at home as a 31 point favorite to Bowling Green, and then went on the road and got a win against a decent Purdue team as a slight underdog. Don't let the score fool you -- despite winning, Purdue outgained Minnesota by 150 yards and had and Minnesota managed just 12 first downs for the game.

Minnesota remains a run first team despite losing its star RB in the first game of the season (and are now without the RB who replaced him), but their passing game is inconsistent at best. In their home loss to BG, Minnesota managed just 59 yards passing. Despite being 3-4, Nebraska is competing hard and not only do I think they have the better team, I think they will play like the better team for all 4 quarters. We saw what this team is capable of a couple weeks ago against Northwestern. Looking for the Huskers to roll big time, 45-14

Nebraska -4 1/2

Over 48 1/2

DucktheHoward

Auburn/Arkansas

Pretty big game for the Razorbacks. Sam Pittman is challenging the fans to show up and be loud for the 11 am kickoff, and I think they will. In fact, it is such a big game that Arkansas basketball coach Musselman is having 1,000 breakfast burritos from Sonic delivered to the student section just before kickoff. Hopefully the move doesn't backfire and result in an empty student section somewhere around the start of the 2nd quarter

Arkansas should have won last year's game at Auburn, but a horrible blown call allowed Auburn to kick the game winning field goal as time expired. Arkansas is preparing for this game like they did the Texas game. With a win over Auburn, Arkansas could become bowl eligible next week against UAPB, and that is no small thing for this program. Folks, I live just down from the Hill, and believe me when I say they are treating this as a big game

The line opened at 3 1/2 and has been bet to 4 1/2. Looking for a fired up Arkansas team that finds itself in the middle of the race for 2nd best team in the SEC West. Arkansas has a realistic shot at a 9 win season, but if they can't handle this Auburn team at home, then they very well could find themselves needing to beat Missouri at the end of the season to hit 6 wins

Auburn has a road win against LSU under its belt -- even though LSU is having a tough season, getting a win in Death Valley at night is impressive. Auburn also played in front of 100K fans on a Saturday night Primetime game against Penn St, so no matter how fired up Razorback fans can get, the Tigers should be able to handle the 11 am road kickoff.

After running into buzzsaws the last couple of weeks, this is a great spot for Barry Odom to get his defense back on track against a QB who has been up and down his whole career

Both teams battle and grind out yards on the ground, and I do not think this Auburn team will be an easy out no matter how much the Razorbacks hype the game and crowd. Arkansas wins it with a late score, 27-20

Play Under 54 1/2

DucktheHoward

UCF/Cincy

Cincinnati has a great big bullseye on their back. Even if they go through the season undefeated, they run the risk of being passed over by a one loss SEC team or a one loss Big 10 team, so they not only have to keep winning, but they have to keep winning big.

So bring in UCF, a team playing with a backup QB who has been decent in 2 starts, but nothing special. UCF opened the season with a nice win over Boise, but both of its two losses have been heartbreaking: they were setting up for a game winning FG on the road against Louisville but gave up a pick 6 with 13 seconds left, and then a road loss against Navy after blowing a 13 point lead in the 4 quarter

The last 2 games between these two have been decided by 3 points. Cincinnati has great defensive stats, but I'm not sold on the competition they have done it against. Sure, they went on the road and beat Notre Dame -- the same ND team that flirted with disaster at home against Toledo. ND QB Coane made some really bad decisions in that game. Cincy needed a 4th quarter comeback to beat a mediocre Indiana team (38-24) -- the same Indiana team that was held to a combined 6 points by PSU and Iowa

Gus Malzhan is a veteran coach who has coached in a LOT of big road games in front of sold out and hostile crowds from his SEC days, an offensive minded coach who will (IMO) give people reason to question just how good the Cincy defense really is. Malzhan was always good at Auburn at winning that "one" game to keep his job for another season ("he's got alligator blood, he keeps hanging around"), and I think UCF will come in loose and put a good old fashioned scare into a Cincy team that feels the need to win every game by 40 points. Never underestimate a coach like Gus Malzhan, who will no doubt be licking his chops to get his name back into the national spotlight. Cincy pulls away late to avoid the upset, 39-28

UCF +21

Over 56

Oh, and just a little bit on: UCF +947 (currently available at ACR)

DucktheHoward

OU/TCU

1) One of the more popular angles you will hear on pregame shows this weekend will go something like “the Sooners used up everything they had last week against Texas”. Well, I’m old enough to remember the “Texas Hangover”. From 1990 to 98, OU was 2-6-1 straight up the week after Texas, with both wins coming against horrible Baylor teams.

2) Since Bob Stoops took over in ’99, the Sooners are 19-1 straight up the week after playing Texas (there were a couple of bye weeks in there, which I am not counting). The average Margin of Victory in those game is 25 points. Under Lincoln Riley, OU is 3-0 with a 21.3 MOV. Coach Stoops always made it a priority to play well after the Texas game, and that standard has carried over to the Lincoln Riley era

3) Speaking of hangovers, TCU has been playing in-state rivalry games for the past month. If you look at Gary Patterson’s career and listen to his comments, you will see that he takes the games against Texas schools seriously. It’s no surprise that Patterson is 7-3 against Texas since joining the Big 12, yet at the same time is just 1-8 against the Sooners

4) From 2012 to 2016, OU and TCU played 5 times, and the average margin in those games was 4 points. No game was decided by more than a TD. Since 2016, OU is 5-0 against TCU, and are winning these games by an average of 18 points. Only one of those games was decided by single digits.

5) The opening line this weekend (10 1/2) seemed suspicious to me – I had expected it to be around 17-19. In fact, I would argue that Nebraska brought a better team to Norman, and OU was a 23 point favorite against them. An article on Yahoo stated that the reason the line moved was because OU was expected to start Caleb Williams, but that is wrong. The line moved because Gary Patterson announced that both Duggan and Evans were questionable, but I am expecting both to play. I think Patterson is having a bit of fun, as his announcement of Duggan and Evans came shortly after Lincoln Riley said that he is not going to name a starting QB before Saturday.

7) OU did a pretty decent job of keeping Bijan Robinson in check last week, with the exception of one long run. Now they get a TCU team that has a stud RB in Evans. Duggan presents a threat both running and passing the ball -- he has led TCU in rushing attempts in the past 2 games against OU, and last season he threw for close to 300 yards.

OU faced a top 10 rushing offense last week and held Texas to just 127 yards on the ground (a bit of a misleading stat if you watched the game) – now they get TCU, which is the 15th best rushing team. OU also faced the 18th rushing offense (Nebraska) and allowed just 95 yards on the ground. Despite facing two top 20 rushing offenses, OU has the 6th best rushing defense in the country, allowing just 88 YPG.

9) Speaking of rushing defenses, TCU ranks just 116th and will be the worst rush defense that the Sooners have seen this year. The OU O-Line and running backs are playing their best football of the season, and this would be a great week for OU to keep the ball on the ground. OU also got Marcus Major back, who was ruled academically ineligible just before the season started. He was on the sideline last week but did not get into the Texas game, but I expect OU should work him into some snaps tomorrow.

9) TCU QB Duggan will be making his 3rd career start against OU. Fact is, every QB who faces OU seems to have his best game of the season. TCU ranks in the top 20 in passing efficiency and the OU defense continues to struggle against the deep ball. No doubt about it: TCU has enough firepower to make things interesting. Patterson said earlier this week that they have to get the passing game working in order to have a chance.

10) I am predicting a game strategy where TCU grinds out yards to keep the clock rolling and limit the number of possessions for OU (like we saw Nebraska, WVU, and KSU do). If TCU wants to get into a track meet, I do think they have the weapons to frustrate the OU defense, but from my perspective I think their best chance is to limit the number of offensive possessions that they allow OU. With limited opportunities, it becomes more important for OU to score every time they get the ball, and right now it looks like a true freshman will get the start, so the opportunity for turnovers is certainly there. And if Riley surprises the world and starts Rattler -- well, we have seen that he tends to make bad decisions when the defense forces him out of a designed play

11) The OU defense, even though they have decent stats, has been pretty bad at allowing opponents to chew up yards and game clock. Both WVU and KSU went on 8 minute drives the first time they got the ball, and if not for a fumble, KSU would have done even better than that. Gary Patterson has always been a conservative coach, but TCU is going to need to convert some 4th and 2 type situations on the plus side of the field -- OU has been giving those up all season and is one of the reasons teams have been able to keep our offense off the field

Right now the spread is OU -13 ½. Fact is, I’m afraid this is going to be another one of those “closer than it should be” type of games regardless of who starts at QB for OU. The OU run game has played much better the last 2 weeks, the offensive line is improving, and I think the TCU defense is simply not good enough to pull the upset. I also think that we're getting an extra 3 points due to injury status. I think the Under is a strong play, and if Patterson wasn't BS'ng around and both Duggan and Evans end up out of the game, then the under would become a Monster Play

Final score Prediction: OU 30, TCU 24

TCU +13 1/2 (for full disclosure, I have been on both sides of this, so no great confidence here)

1st half Under 32 (Bovada)

Best Bet: Under 64 (if Duggan is indeed out, then bump it to a Monster Bet)

DucktheHoward

Adding:

LSU +360

Texas -3 (ACR)

mcmc
    mcmc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15527

Quote Originally Posted by DucktheHoward View Post
    Adding:

LSU +360

Texas -3 (ACR)

That LSU ml was spot on ! Nice work Duck!

DucktheHoward

Quote Originally Posted by mcmc View Post
    That LSU ml was spot on ! Nice work Duck!

Thanks! Hitting LSU helped, because absolutely TERRIBLE calls by me on nebraska and UCF, and suddenly i can't get arkansas right

DucktheHoward

OU/Kansas

I started strong with OU but have been on the wrong end with them more often than not here lately. Don’t see the need to spend much time on this weekend’s game. I would like Kansas to be a better team, but right now if they were an FCS school, they would struggle at that level as well.

I think OU should score every time it touches the ball in the first half. I would say KU is slightly better than the WCU team that OU beat 76-0. Kansas just isn’t competing.

I see a halftime score somewhere between 35-7 to 42-7, just because that damn OU defense will give up a big play somewhere. First half OU -24 and the Over 37 ½ would be my plays here. The reason is, I would not be surprised if Caleb sits the entire 2nd half, and if I’m Lincoln Riley, do I bring Rattler in for 2nd half mop-up duty, or do I give some snaps to one of our other QBs? It almost feels like it would be demoralizing if Rattler was brought into a blowout. I mean, preseason Heisman favorite relegated to 2nd half garbage time against Kansas LOL. From that perspective, I think it’s riskier to lay 39 points or trust the OU 3rd string QB to put enough points on the board to cover either #. Final score prediction: OU 56-14

OU -24 (1st half)

OU/KU O 37 ½ (1st half)

DucktheHoward

Texas vs the Bye Week

At this point in the season, the Longhorns can't afford to look past anyone on the schedule, and that includes Bye Week. After 2 straight losses following "Texas being back" for the second time this season, the Horns will look to restart their season. Even though no team has ever come out of the Bye Week with more losses than they entered the week with, these Longhorns ask you told hold their beer.

Somehow, someway, the Horns will find a way to make sports history and lose to Bye Week.

Take Bye Week on the moneyline +Infinity

DucktheHoward

Okie St/ISU

When I saw the line on this game, the first thought that came to mind was “How the **** is Iowa St a 7-point favorite here?” Iowa St -3 would have been a bit of a surprise, but not an eye popper, so the obvious question becomes, what am I missing? I don’t really pay much attention to ATS trends, but I do think it’s worth noting that under Matt Campbell, ISU is 18-3 ATS in October, including a 10-1 mark at home. Make of that what you will.

Iowa St is doing pretty much what they have always done under Matt Campbell: they start a season riding high on expectations, find a way to lose to Iowa (or Louisiana), and then in October they start rolling through the Big 12 schedule.

ISU has home field advantage, but frankly, I don’t believe in Iowa St home field advantage. Going back to the 2003 season (that is as far back as ESPN goes on team schedules), Iowa St has lost at least 2 home games every year in 16 of 18 seasons, and in the 2 seasons where they didn’t lose at least twice at home, they still lost at least once. That streak won’t end this season, as they already have a home loss in their biggest rivalry game (vs Iowa), and it wasn’t even as close as that 17-27 score would indicate. Iowa St has lost 4 straight home game to OSU, with their last win against the Cowboys in Ames coming back in 2011, a day after several members of the OSU women’s basketball team died in a plane crash.

Iowa St ranks 3rd in total defense. First, everybody knows they lost to Iowa – did anybody happen to watch Iowa last week? Not exactly a great offense there, right? Iowa St held Kansas to 7 points. They held UNI to 10 points. They held UNLV to a FG. Iowa St has faced the 124th (UNLV), 118th (Iowa), 96th (KSU) and 116th (KU) offenses, and that UNI team is an FCS school. Iowa St has only faced one team this season that ranks in the top 50 in total offense (Baylor), and that was a loss in which they allowed 31 points.

Now, OSU has been playing some great defense themselves, so it’s only fair to look up the competition that they have used to acquire their top 20 defense. The Cowboys have faced 3 teams that carry top 23 total offensive rankings (Baylor, Texas, & Tulsa); against the same Baylor team that ISU surrendered 31 points to, OK St held them to just 14, and we just saw what they did on the road against a legitimate Texas offense.

One of the things from the Texas game that stands out to me, and that Mike Gundy elaborated on in Monday’s press conference, is that DC Jim Knowles was able to take advantage of the inexperience of Casey Thompson: one of the challenges that faces young QBs in the college game (according to Mike Gundy) is learning to read defenses while operating from the shotgun. Basically, the QB will read the defense, and then he will look away so that he can focus on fielding the snap. So what OSU did to him, is when he looked away, OSU changed its coverage scheme, and when Thompson got the ball, he was confused by the new look. Brock Purdy is a 4th year starter with an excellent track record playing on his home field (especially in conference game), so don’t expect the OSU defense to fool him into many mistakes.

Purdy has had a lot of success (21 wins) in the conference – in 3 starts against OSU, he has thrown for almost 900 yards and 6 TDs. Iowa St is an offense built to compete in the Big 12 – in their 3 non con games, they averaged 27 PPG (and that’s with their 48 points against a shit UNLV team factored in) – in their 3 Big 12 games, they are averaging 40 PPG.

Since Matt Campbell took over at Iowa St before the 2016 season, he and Mike Gundy have faced off 5 times, with final scores of 38-31, 49-42, 48-42, 34-27, and last season’s 24-21 game, which as you can see was significantly lower scoring than the previous 4 games. However, if you look at how the game unfolded, both teams missed several scoring opportunities. Also, this was Sanders’ first game of the season as he missed the first month due to an injury.

Now, as a healthy 7 point favorite, it’s easy to imagine a scenario where Iowa St plays with the lead for a good part of this game. Just look at what OSU has done this season when playing from behind in the 2nd half: 21 points in the 4th quarter against Tulsa, and 19 points against Texas after falling behind 24-13. Also, on the road against Boise, after falling behind by 13, OSU scored the final 14 points of the game. While Gundy wants to stick with the running game, he does have enough weapons in the passing game to stay in it, and I expect this to turn into a wild second half.

Normally, I don’t really care what Oklahoma St does, but I’ll admit that I am rooting for them tomorrow. I would love to see Bedlam between 2 undefeated teams, but I don’t think it will happen. Iowa St will pull the same shit they always do: they can’t contribute to Big 12 strength by winning in the nonconference, but once conference play kicks off, they play the role of spoiler quite well. Iowa St will hang on and eek out a victory because they are an annoying pest

Final score prediction: Iowa St 33, OSU 30

OSU/ISU O 47 (Best Bet)

Also playing a little on: OSU +7
    Last edited by DucktheHoward; 10-23-21 at 07:53 AM.

cookieman23
    cookieman23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1032

You seem like a nice guy but your intuition has to be one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Iowa state and the under today. Book both

DucktheHoward

Quote Originally Posted by cookieman23 View Post
    You seem like a nice guy but your intuition has to be one of the worst I’ve ever seen. Iowa state and the under today. Book both
    and you seem like an ass

post your own plays in your own thread and leave me alone. Thanks

DucktheHoward

Adding

OU/Kansas

Largest Lead of the Game: Over 29 (-200)

Available at ACR

DucktheHoward

OU/Texas Tech

Tech +19 1/2 (Bovada)

Tech +755 (ACR)

The way OU is playing, someone is going to knock them off. Oh, I get it, this is the week OU finally puts together a complete game. The criticism has been heavy from the fans and local media all week, so no doubt the Sooners will be out to prove their worth on Saturday. 2:30 pm kickoff and another sellout, and OU heading into their bye week against a team that just fired its head coach. Oh yes, this has the makings of a good old fashioned blowout.

Quite frankly, OU doesn't have any business being a 19 point favorite against anybody right now. Lincoln Riley and Alex Grinch are not exuding confidence if you take a moment to look at their comments from this week's media availabilities. Especially Grinch. Grinch seems like he is at a total loss on the defensive side of the ball, and Lincoln Riley is flirting with straight up making excuses.

We're supposed to get a couple guys back on the defensive end this week, but whoopee. So we're going back to the week 1 defense that gave up 35 to Tulane?

As far as the total, I would lean toward the Under, but it really depends on how Tech wants to attack the Sooners. I would expect they would go with what has worked for several other teams: keep the clock running and limit OU to 3 or 4 1st half possessions. Of course if Tech decided to go the opposite way, then it would be an easy over, because the OU defense won't stop them either way. So, I will say that I lean UNDER 66 1/2 here, but who knows.

Would love to see a dominating 40 point win for the Sooners, but at this point, I'll believe it when I see it, and in the meantime, I'll plan for a 4 quarter sweat