thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Illinois at Wisconsin - Pick and Write-Up

Hit with Alabama last week, -.96 units.

I'm on Illinois at +20.5. Illinois returns almost their entire offense except for their running back and one receiver, but the entire offensive line is back as is Peters the qb and most of their receivers. Illinois returns most of their defense except for their starting defensive line, but Illinois has several seniors and a graduate transfer who was recuited by top 25 schools up front. Illinois is also deep on the defensive line.

Wisconsin lost their starting qb from last year Coan to a foot injury the first week of October and the new starter Mertz was the top pocket passer recruit in the nation, but he hasn't had any meaningful snaps in real games and Coan only got hurt 2 weeks ago, so he hasn't had much practice with the first team. Wisconsin also lost both their starting receivers, their starting running back, and 2 key linebackers from last year. Losing Taylor, Wisconsin's star running back from last year should hurt because Wisconsin doesn't have anyone close to his talent to take over either. Wisconsin's offensive line should be good as usual, but they are replacing their center and the center and new qb have only had 2 weeks to work together.

Even though Illinois beat Wisconsin last year, the loss didn't impact Wisconsin's season at all since they still had a chance to win the big ten, so I don't see a revenge spot, and Illinois should have the confidence they can play with Wisconsin.

Their won't be any fans in big ten stadiums except for family members of the players so their is a minimal home field advantage here.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Illinois defense is horrendous and undersized

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

I love experts of games with teams that haven't even played a game yet, under these circumstances, you know less than nothing

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I love experts of games with teams that haven't even played a game yet, under these circumstances, you know less than nothing
    Dumb post.Their is no reason you can’t analyze teams brining back most starters on offense like Illinois and also make projections before week 1.

KnuckleHeadz
    KnuckleHeadz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4511

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    They can play 6 games straight and this clown morongo still doesn’t have a Fawking clue

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Final score: Wisconsin 35 - Illinois 14

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24956

Pretty much comes down to what Wisky's offensive line looks like this year. We already know what they wanna do, do they have the personnel up front to execute it? Only 2 returning starters on the offensive line, but if they can't run on Illinois it doesn't bode well for the rest of the conference slate.

thomorino

Risking 2.2 units to win 2

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153528

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post

I'm on Illinois at +20.5. Illinois returns almost their entire offense except for their running back and one receiver, but the entire offensive line is back as is Peters the qb and most of their receivers. Illinois returns most of their defense except for their starting defensive line, but Illinois has several seniors and a graduate transfer who was recuited by top 25 schools up front. Illinois is also deep on the defensive line.

Wisconsin lost their starting qb from last year Coan to a foot injury the first week of October and the new starter Mertz was the top pocket passer recruit in the nation, but he hasn't had any meaningful snaps in real games and Coan only got hurt 2 weeks ago, so he hasn't had much practice with the first team. Wisconsin also lost both their starting receivers, their starting running back, and 2 key linebackers from last year. Losing Taylor, Wisconsin's star running back from last year should hurt because Wisconsin doesn't have anyone close to his talent to take over either. Wisconsin's offensive line should be good as usual, but they are replacing their center and the center and new qb have only had 2 weeks to work together.

Even though Illinois beat Wisconsin last year, the loss didn't impact Wisconsin's season at all since they still had a chance to win the big ten, so I don't see a revenge spot, and Illinois should have the confidence they can play with Wisconsin.

Their won't be any fans in big ten stadiums except for family members of the players so their is a minimal home field advantage here.
    what scares me about IL is that they fell off a cliff at the end of last season. i agree that Whisky has a lot of questions at their skilled positions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't/won't be productive if their OL is strong as usual

overall, i just don't know what to expect from their offense and if they'll play at the same slow space relying on the run, or if they'll actually try opening it up a lot more with their QB who they tout as being their best QB recruit ever

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Orbison View Post
    what scares me about IL is that they fell off a cliff at the end of last season. i agree that Whisky has a lot of questions at their skilled positions, but that doesn't necessarily mean they can't/won't be productive if their OL is strong as usual

overall, i just don't know what to expect from their offense and if they'll play at the same slow space relying on the run, or if they'll actually try opening it up a lot more with their QB who they tout as being their best QB recruit ever
    I think you are overreacting to Illinois late season struggles last year, most of that was injuries, including peters getting hurt.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Pretty much comes down to what Wisky's offensive line looks like this year. We already know what they wanna do, do they have the personnel up front to execute it? Only 2 returning starters on the offensive line, but if they can't run on Illinois it doesn't bode well for the rest of the conference slate.
    Yeah I think it’s much more of an advantage or have returning starters because of limited practice time.

Orbison
    Orbison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 153528

that's a fair point, i forgot that Peters went down

hawkwind
    hawkwind's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22906

I'm with Morino nice pick Sir

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

not bad but of course they want revenge they lost to frickin Illinois

Headsterx
    Headsterx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

Thank you!

stake1
    stake1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2438

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Thank you!

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

wisky brought back 9 on d and i lost my ass on them last yr. gl my friend

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Wisconsin's offensive line will ALWAYS be good. One thing that the midwest states up here produce on a year to year basis is offensive lineman. And Wisconsin always recruits the line well. Their skills positions are a huge ???? however.

With that said....I know little of their defense. I'm thinking that Wisconsin probably wins comfortably. But I would have a tough time laying nearly three touchdowns. My guess is that Illinois covers and I also think the under deserves a strong look as these two teams struggle to get their new look offenses figured out.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

not sure why the top pocket passing recruit would go to Wisconsin unless it’s very close to home and he was promised they’d start slinging it around more

TheMetsSuck
    TheMetsSuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1488

Wisconsin rolls by 35+
    The better play is the over if you like Illini

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Headsterx View Post
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stake1 View Post

2 dumb shits

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    wisky brought back 9 on d and i lost my ass on them last yr. gl my friend
    Wisconsin does return 9 on defense but the 2 players they lost were their 2 best defensive players and both were linebackers.

stake1

2 dumb shits

thomorino

You are a dumb shit

stake1

You are a dumb shit
    Compared to you?

stake1

stake1

stake1

All Thom Morono has left in life is his 200 square foot "padded room" and 12 Sbr bet points

sandman0713
    sandman0713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 679

dam it is too bad u cant even have a meaningful discussion about a game here anymore without all the dumb shit. it is killing this forum. anyways...about wisconsin not being upset about last season...read the wisconsin homer forums. the fans are very upset and embarrassed...so i would guess the football team is as well. 45-10

adila1401
    adila1401's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    dam it is too bad u cant even have a meaningful discussion about a game here anymore without all the dumb shit. it is killing this forum. anyways...about wisconsin not being upset about last season...read the wisconsin homer forums. the fans are very upset and embarrassed...so i would guess the football team is as well. 45-10

matrix1022
    matrix1022's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12110

I agree. I believe it’s good !!

thomorino

Compared to you?
    All Thom Morono has left in life is his 200 square foot "padded room" and 12 Sbr bet points
    You are a dumb shit.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by sandman0713 View Post
    The fans don’t play, the loss meant nothing last year, Wisconsin’s season wouldn’t have ended any differently win or lose to Illinois.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

A moron on Illinois and a crackhead on wisconsin....fukk we need seaweed to break this tie
    Points Awarded:

stake1 gave Booya711 4 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: stake1

1234 ... Last