Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Chase Young form Ohio ST. to go PRO

Not a surprising move. Will Ron Rivera and the Deadskins take him with 2nd pick in draft? Will he effect the game like Nick Bosa this year? Time will tell.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24932

He was quiet down the stretch. Teams started throwing more bodies at him.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Guy didn't even affect the college football playoff game

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Yeah Clemson shut him down. But that's one game. Probably goes in top 5 unless something goes wrong.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Yeah Clemson shut him down. But that's one game. Probably goes in top 5 unless something goes wrong.
    It is one game but one game against a bunch of others that are NFL players.

Easy-Rider 66

Yeah agreed. BUt where do you think he goes in draft? I guess you believe that performance drops him down a bit?

unde0087
    Did we win?

Yeah agreed. BUt where do you think he goes in draft? I guess you believe that performance drops him down a bit?
    I am sure some team will over pay the guy and pick him up early. But won't be surprised if he is a major bust.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Very few defensive lineman can wreck a Game if they game planned to stop. In nfl rare teams can get away with doing that without it hurting them on other side.,

Easy-Rider 66

I am sure some team will over pay the guy and pick him up early. But won't be surprised if he is a major bust.
    OK like all NFL draft picks it is a guessing game. Will have to bump thread late next year to see where he fits into the scheme of best NFL rookie players.

2daBank

I don’t see him being a bust at all. He def a top 5 worthy pick. Seems exactly like type of guy riverboat Ron would take!!! Then skins can suck all next year with that shitty osu qb and land Lawrence!! Bad thing is riverboat Ron will prob bench the shitty qb and win too many games and screw up getting top pick!

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Very few defensive lineman can wreck a Game if they game planned to stop. In nfl rare teams can get away with doing that without it hurting them on other side.,
    Well over the years all the ones that ended up being someone had the same attention paid to them and still left a hand print on the game, just saying.

2daBank

Well over the years all the ones that ended up being someone had the same attention paid to them and still left a hand print on the game, just saying.
    Maybe not against a team as well coached as Clemson? Don’t see Dabo letting a teams best defensive lineman ruin his offense. Seemed to me the attention he got helped other suckeyes get pressure. That a way to impact game that usually not noticed.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

they game planned to stop him but he didn't affect the game...

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Pointless pick in my opinion. You need guys like that but guys like that don’t make a team win games. Look at JJ Watt they have never got to a Super Bowl he just waste of money

Easy-Rider 66

For what's it's worth Young #1 player on Mel Kiper's Board.

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Pointless pick in my opinion. You need guys like that but guys like that don’t make a team win games. Look at JJ Watt they have never got to a Super Bowl he just waste of money
    Do not totally agree. Pressure on QB is a premium at NFL level. Those guys get paid big bucks for a reason. Just saying.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

yeah... u kind of still need a pretty good QB and some sort of o-line and elite or otherwise pretty decent offensive weapons (who are clutch) to have any shot of winning the big one in this league

also helps if refs like you

Hou first ever team capable of getting to the AFC title game is this year's team

2daBank

No one guy wins SBs. Watt made that defense good. Look at way niners d-line wrecks games. Pass rushers are among most important things you can have these days.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

I’m saying they a lot of times are over valued look what the hawks did w Avril and Bennett I’m saying lots of time these big time top draft guys are duds

2daBank

I’m saying they a lot of times are over valued look what the hawks did w Avril and Bennett I’m saying lots of time these big time top draft guys are duds
    True but other times you get a guy like bosa. All top picks have risk.

Easy-Rider 66

Anyone remember a Guy Named Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. All draft picks carry a risk.

2daBank

Anyone remember a Guy Named Ryan Leaf or Jamarcus Russell. All draft picks carry a risk.
    Baker mayfield. Mitch trubisky, for our younger members.

Easy-Rider 66

Baker mayfield. Mitch trubisky, for our younger members.
    Yeah ok But jury still out on Baker and Mitchell imo. Kitchens was a horrible hire and Mitchell did go 12-4 last year. The Bears D was a big factor but still think he has the potential to be a decent QB.

2daBank

Yeah ok But jury still out on Baker and Mitchell imo. Kitchens was a horrible hire and Mitchell did go 12-4 last year. The Bears D was a big factor but still think he has the potential to be a decent QB.
    You think? I don’t. The good year was not only the defense but Nagy play calling, once teams saw film and figured out Mitchell accuracy goes out the window after his 1st read taken away it was over. Those guys close as it gets to bust these days, so easy to succeed on offense now days imo, you put them in the league 20 years ago they woulda been pretty similar to those other guys imo, well not Jamarcus who was a drug addict. Lol

Easy-Rider 66

You think? I don’t. The good year was not only the defense but Nagy play calling, once teams saw film and figured out Mitchell accuracy goes out the window after his 1st read taken away it was over. Those guys close as it gets to bust these days, so easy to succeed on offense now days imo, you put them in the league 20 years ago they woulda been pretty similar to those other guys imo, well not Jamarcus who was a drug addict. Lol
    You may prove right. But Bears just committed to Mitchell 2020 and I though he played well in Playoff game last year. But in the big picture CHI could have drafted Mahommes or Watson so in that respect he's a bust.

2daBank

You may prove right. But Bears just committed to Mitchell 2020 and I though he played well in Playoff game last year. But in the big picture CHI could have drafted Mahommes or Watson so in that respect he's a bust.
    I try not to hold mahomes against them cause that hindsight imo,, i dunno anyone thought he be this good?? I thought it was fukkin crazy at the time to pass on Watson tho. How the hell anyone could watch those 2 games vs bama d full of nfl players and not realize he was gonna succeed was beyond me. Plus trubisky was a one year starter, I pretty much never trust them. These scouts go to combine and fall in love with all the wrong shit., measurable’s have never determined a good qb in this league. Mitchell sucks at reading defenses and anticipating throws.

Easy-Rider 66

I try not to hold mahomes against them cause that hindsight imo,, i dunno anyone thought he be this good?? I thought it was fukkin crazy at the time to pass on Watson tho. How the hell anyone could watch those 2 games vs bama d full of nfl players and not realize he was gonna succeed was beyond me. Plus trubisky was a one year starter, I pretty much never trust them. These scouts go to combine and fall in love with all the wrong shit., measurable’s have never determined a good qb in this league. Mitchell sucks at reading defenses and anticipating throws.
    Yeah agree. Mahommes who knew? But Watson playing in those big games against Bama vs. Mitchell one year starter at UNC a no brainer. Good points.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

He said it was up in the air a few weeks ago. Too much money

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

well...he had big bear up his ass the whole game...tough to move

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He seems like more of a 4-3 end I dont think Washington wants him

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11874

Get drafted you get paid. Those NFL pay checks are fat even as a rook!!!

Coming out of college or even getting yanked from college it's a temptation most young kids can't pass up on..

Enter that draft!!! Can't blame em.. You go from rags to riches over night.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

Coming out of college or even getting yanked from college it's a temptation most young kids can't pass up on..

The fundamental idea of college should be to prepare kids for their future profession. Seems redic to continue going when someone in your field prepared to give you a fat contract!!

Easy-Rider 66

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

agreed. get paid. Do not risk a serious injury. TOP 5 pick GO.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Welcome to the BIG LEAGUES

you mean sbrpro right???

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68557

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He seems like more of a 4-3 end I dont think Washington wants him
    Washington will switch to a 4-3 defense with Del Rio coming in.

The decision will be take him or trade down to help fill more holes.

There are plenty to fill.

12 Last