contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 100

im not greedy but 2-1 at half i can be happy with

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Yeah, he had a convoy on that play... I was waiting for him to burst ahead, I didn't even realize the ball was rolling around on the grass at first.
    Really was the game changer. They were one upping Clemson at every turn. Clemson brings the blitz, and they have the perfect play set up. Then he drops it, the targeting happens, and a whole new ballgame. 20-0 was probably ballgame.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Really was the game changer. They were one upping Clemson at every turn. Clemson brings the blitz, and they have the perfect play set up. Then he drops it, the targeting happens, and a whole new ballgame. 20-0 was probably ballgame.
    Don't leave out the roughing the kicker, the long run by the QB, the reversed catch/fumble/scoop-n-score and finally the INT in the end zone. It was a perfect storm against OSU.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Don't leave out the roughing the kicker, the long run by the QB, the reversed catch/fumble/scoop-n-score and finally the INT in the end zone. It was a perfect storm against OSU.
    Yeah there’s half a dozen bizarre things that had to go their way to win.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16157

All the excuses...at the end of the day the better team won...fukkeyes aren’t worth shit

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    The better team lost.
    Tell your book. Grab that refund.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Australia soccer:
    Melbourne city over 2.5 -143.... you’re welcome.
    I try to help

BigJay
    BigJay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 229

I was thinking about this game this morning with less emotion than last night. (I had Ohio State ML)

Adding to all the other good points made here, Why the heck does Ohio State coach call timeout with 43 seconds left?

They had Clemson in their heels and all game long they couldn’t stop Ohio State in the hurry up O. Conversely, every time there was a delay or clock stoppage Ohio State lost its mojo.

I think Ohio State calling timeout on the last drive helped Clemson more than it did The Buckeyes. I think Ohio State more than likely rolls into the end zone if they kept the hurry up going at the end.

RM Logic
    RM Logic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7307

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    All the excuses...at the end of the day the better team won...fukkeyes aren’t worth shit
    Congrats on being the poster award winner for being clueless. Had the over so lost but OSU was the better team if you had your eyes open.
    500+ yards. Got robbed on a TD overturn that should have stayed as called. Targeting call because the QB lowered his head. WR slips and falls on the game winning TD. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and Clemson got blessed last nite. And its always nice to have the redneck SEC officials screw the B1G. Thats priceless.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    You can’t be from Texas. This game reminded me of oilers getting hosed against Pittsburgh in the snow.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6494

Quote Originally Posted by RM Logic View Post
    Congrats on being the poster award winner for being clueless. Had the over so lost but OSU was the better team if you had your eyes open.
    500+ yards. Got robbed on a TD overturn that should have stayed as called. Targeting call because the QB lowered his head. WR slips and falls on the game winning TD. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good and Clemson got blessed last nite. And its always nice to have the redneck SEC officials screw the B1G. Thats priceless.
    Stop stop stop it already. Targeting wasn't called because the qb lowered his head. Targeting was called because the defender decided to become a human missile and lowered his. Didn't matter where he hit him. We were always taught see what you hit, Wade was looking at his own feet when he hit Lawrence. Years ago it was called spearing, who knows why they quit enforcing it. Did they go overboard bastardizing the rule? Yes. But it was the proper call.

Better teams score touchdowns instead of fgs. Better teams win the turnover battle. Better teams don't commit stupid penalties. Better teams make a stop when they have the lead with under 3 minutes left, they don't give up 94 yd td drives in a minute. If yards/stats meant that much my TB Bucs would be in the playoffs.

OSU backers bitching about the refs, but the only questionable call was the fumble/no fumble call. At real speed (which is what they judge by) it was a bambam play. Seen that called both ways. The targeting, interference, and roughing the kicker calls were absolutely correct. Anyone who thinks different is a homer or doesn't know football. Bottom line OSU had the lead late and gave it up, then had a chance to take it back and turned it over. The team with the best qb in the country won. Again.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24950

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    I was thinking about this game this morning with less emotion than last night. (I had Ohio State ML)

Adding to all the other good points made here, Why the heck does Ohio State coach call timeout with 43 seconds left?

They had Clemson in their heels and all game long they couldn’t stop Ohio State in the hurry up O. Conversely, every time there was a delay or clock stoppage Ohio State lost its mojo.

I think Ohio State calling timeout on the last drive helped Clemson more than it did The Buckeyes. I think Ohio State more than likely rolls into the end zone if they kept the hurry up going at the end.
    Because they had 2 timeouts left and the clock was ticking after a modest gain to set up a 2nd and 7.

This was the first time on that drive that Clemson had stopped them for a minimal gain. OSU was still outside the redzone so they had to remain somewhat efficient. First downs, incomplete passes, and/or getting out of bounds stops the clock but this play was none of those. Seemed reasonable to use a timeout there... Plus it gave Coach Day a chance to set up a play he thought would go for a touchdown, and he's probably correct had Olave not broken off the route.

First ... 24252627