BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Miss. State Hires Wazzu's Mike Leach

In a move that can only be described as odd, Mississippi State hired Washington State head coach Mike Leach. Miss. State had fired head coach Joe Moorhead after just two years. He had a record of 14-12 over tht time period with two Bowl losses. Leach, who has yet to figure out what the word defennse means, had a 6-7 record this past season, with a bowl loss to the Air Force. SEC West teams will surely be able to fatten up their offenses playing a Mike Leach team.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think that's way too harsh on leach. and i'm not a fan of his personality.

the job leach did at wsu, at tt before that, is nothing short of amazing.

i get the lack of defense, but leach can score anywhere. so they should do ok. alabama and LSU are going to score against any SEC team so you are probably in better shape just scoring yourself.......

was a little surprised MSU let the HC go. the timing was especially bad. trying to remember msu's historical record. fact i can't remember is not good although dan mullin did a good job. way back to jackie sherrill too

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Leach had been looking for a few years to leave Washington State. He won his first game against UDub and then proceeded to lose 7 in a row. He was always going to play second fiddle to Washington and he knew it, so he jumped to a team that has a chance of winning the State Rivalry. He will always be a "minor bowl" type coach, settling for hamburgers when the elite SEC teams feast on Steak.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Leach had been looking for a few years to leave Washington State. He won his first game against UDub and then proceeded to lose 7 in a row. He was always going to play second fiddle to Washington and he knew it, so he jumped to a team that has a chance of winning the State Rivalry. He will always be a "minor bowl" type coach, settling for hamburgers when the elite SEC teams feast on Steak.
    yes, it is puzzling that WSU can't seem to touch washington, even when washington is top 15 calibre.

i understand leach will probably never coach a team to elite status..... but do you have any idea how bad WSU was before he got there? like probably the worst teams in pac10/12 history by a comfortable margin

mjsuax13
    mjsuax13's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 898

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    When you go to Applebee’s is it Burgers or Steak?