LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

FWIW, newest Sagarin Ratings have Ohio State -1.5 over Oklahoma. I like to view things from a gambling perspective, so I usually give the nod to who would be favored on neutral field, but that's just me.

My own personal ratings have it closer to pick at Ohio State -0.38

If anybody has the time to post other ratings, feel free to post them.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It would be a typical shootout

Last team with ball

Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Georgia beats Ala... Bama falls to #4 shuts out everyone

Clemson
    Geo
    ND
    Ala

Perfect Playoff games: Clem v Ala and Geo v ND

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

committee always finds a way to get Ohio state in the playoff its fukin comical.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    FWIW, newest Sagarin Ratings have Ohio State -1.5 over Oklahoma. I like to view things from a gambling perspective, so I usually give the nod to who would be favored on neutral field, but that's just me.

My own personal ratings have it closer to pick at Ohio State -0.38

If anybody has the time to post other ratings, feel free to post them.
    Not worth anything to the AP and coaches polls who both have OU ranked ahead of ohio state. When u lose by 4 tds to a 5-6 team and give up 50 pts to a 5-7 team, all in the span of 4 weeks, one great game cannot overcome it.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Not worth anything to the AP and coaches polls who both have OU ranked ahead of ohio state.
    I know, I am not disputing that. I was merely pointing out that Ohio State would be slight fave head-to-head neutral. Let us see what this week brings.

And remember this whole debate started when someone said something to the effect that there was no chance in hell that Ohio State could make playoff even if they win out. That statement has already been disproven just by fact that legit 4-5 debate (if Bama wins) is going on.

homie1975

I know, I am not disputing that. I was merely pointing out that Ohio State would be slight fave head-to-head neutral. Let us see what this week brings.

And remember this whole debate started when someone said something to the effect that there was no chance in hell that Ohio State could make playoff even if they win out. That statement has already been disproven just by fact that legit 4-5 debate (if Bama wins) is going on.
    whoever said that was clueless. maybe a hater of ohio state. anyone who follows college football at all knew that if they beat michigan, there was a path for them. that said, they need some major help because if bama wins, clemson wins, and oklahoma wins, they are probably on the outside looking in. oklahoma gets to play a higher ranked texas team than ohio state gets to play in northwestern. as long as oklahoma wins by say a TD or more, they *should* stay ahead of ohio state unless the buckeyes beat northwestern by like 30. if that happens, we have a conversation.

Northwestern players, i hope you are listening

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

look at their sched and the strength of the teams they played and beat including Florida and Kentucky. they beat some good teams Bro. their #4 ranking is deserved right now.
    Both those teams have hideous offense -
    Missouri beat Florida by 3 touchdowns on the road - Georgia is overrated

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Either way Georgia isn’t beating Alabama - kiss there season goodbye

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

You not going to leave out the big ten champion (if OSU) two years in a row.... At the end of the day it is brands and ratings

The Michigan v Ohio State game was the highest rated game of the year.

Ohio state is in if it win!

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    You not going to leave out the big ten champion (if OSU) two years in a row.... At the end of the day it is brands and ratings

The Michigan v Ohio State game was the highest rated game of the year.

Ohio state is in if it win!
    nope. prepare to be wrong. if oklahoma wins and then ohio state wins in a normal looking game (not a 30 point blowout), then oklahoma will go to the final 4. kyler murray on the big stage. heisman finalists tua and kyler playing each other. you don't think that will get ratings? it will be one of the highest rated games in the last 12-13 years since USC v Texas in Jan 2006.

are you serious?

committee has not liked ohio state since it got trounced by 29 pts at 6-6 barely bowl eligible purdue. then the buckeyes give up 50 pts at maryland and need OT to win it. maryland finished 5-7

committee does NOT like ohio state. they need to smash Northwestern by 30. Wildcats are you listening ????

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Here is what everyone is overlooking. OU is playing a Texas team that lost it's three games by a total of 9 points. Ohio State is playing a Northwestern team that not only lost 4 games this season, but lost to Akron and to Notre Dame by 10 points. If both OU and Ohio State win, OU gets the nod for defeating a much tougher team.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Here is what everyone is overlooking. OU is playing a Texas team that lost it's three games by a total of 9 points. Ohio State is playing a Northwestern team that not only lost 4 games this season, but lost to Akron and to Notre Dame by 10 points. If both OU and Ohio State win, OU gets the nod for defeating a much tougher team.
    all of this is UP AND OVER the fact that OU is already going to be ranked 1 spot ahead of tOSU in tomorrow's CFP rankings (if the committee sticks to what it's been doing the last 6 weeks since it started).

OU SOS and SOR will improve by beating Texas, more than tOSU SOS and SOR will improve by beating Northwestern.

the only wildcard here is style points. If OU barely gets by Texas and tOSU smashes Northwestern by 30+, then we could have a repeat of 2014 when tOSU jumped quite a few spots (including over TCU) right into the Top 4 after dismantling Wisconsin 59-0.

I remember this because our own LT Profits kept saying that TCU would make it in even though myself and several others here tried to tell hi that the Buckeyes would jump over them and right into the Playoff.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

This is true. I said the same thing in here. If Ohio State jumps OU, the NCAA is sending a BIG message to the Big 12. That message being to become a 12 team conference or always be considered on the bottom of the barrell when it comes to the selection committee. The Big 12, which is known for it's greed, would have to make some type of adjustment. I would look into taking UCF and USF and adding them into a Division with West Virginia, Iowa State, and the two Kansas Schools.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: homie1975

homie1975

This is true. I said the same thing in here. If Ohio State jumps OU, the NCAA is sending a BIG message to the Big 12. That message being to become a 12 team conference or always be considered on the bottom of the barrell when it comes to the selection committee. The Big 12, which is known for it's greed, would have to make some type of adjustment. I would look into taking UCF and USF and adding them into a Division with West Virginia, Iowa State, and the two Kansas Schools.
    and a BIG message to the BIG 12 to start playing some defense. Not a good look that OU has given up 40+ points in 4 straight games, and the craziest part was hapless Kansas scoring 40 on them. Mike Stoops is probably laughing his butt off somewhere. tOSU defense has been awful lately, but that is an anomaly. it seems like TCU in the BIG 12 does not play D anymore. Only Texas seems to play D there and they have a HC that cut his teeth on Offense!!

homie1975

in about 5 hours we should see the rankings reflect OU number 5 and tOSU number 6

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

game. set. match. now go beat texas convincingly and hope ohio state does not beat northwestern by 30 and you are in
    As a texas fan since birth; this team isn't that great. Texas got dominated by maryland. roy bacon and i both made the mistake of betting early on this team against maryland. When you talk about how bad osu schedule is did you point out that osu >maryland>texas> oklahoma.
    The big 12 should never be put in until they put another team in their conference. That way they have a true conference championship. The greed of my u.t. is what is hurting the conference.

chico2663

they should put cincy,ucf and maybe uconn in
    put okla,ok st and all the texas teams in 1 div and everyone else in. As far as the stadiums uc could use p.b.s.

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    As a texas fan since birth; this team isn't that great. Texas got dominated by maryland. roy bacon and i both made the mistake of betting early on this team against maryland. When you talk about how bad osu schedule is did you point out that osu >maryland>texas> oklahoma.
    The big 12 should never be put in until they put another team in their conference. That way they have a true conference championship. The greed of my u.t. is what is hurting the conference.
    Chico i think the maryland game was too long ago. i think you guys are better than you think but you are just like me, a more realistic fan. as far as the transitive property, it won't work in this example and it rarely does.

look at this: ohio state beat tcu by 12 on a neutral field. oklahoma beat tcu by 25 on tcu's home field. if you consider that, it trumps what you wrote above (osu >maryland>texas> oklahoma.) btw those comparisons of team A beat team B who beat team C, they rarely work.

georgia lost to LSU by 20 who lost to Bama by 29 so is Bama 49 pts better than georgia? if so then you had better jump on Bama -13 right now!!

those comparisons don't work.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Everybody knows Oklahoma’s going to be 4th

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Everybody knows Oklahoma’s going to be 4th
    coach you mean 5th. georgia will be 4th today

chico2663

Chico i think the maryland game was too long ago. i think you guys are better than you think but you are just like me, a more realistic fan. as far as the transitive property, it won't work in this example and it rarely does.

look at this: ohio state beat tcu by 12 on a neutral field. oklahoma beat tcu by 25 on tcu's home field. if you consider that, it trumps what you wrote above (osu >maryland>texas> oklahoma.) btw those comparisons of team A beat team B who beat team C, they rarely work.

georgia lost to LSU by 20 who lost to Bama by 29 so is Bama 49 pts better than georgia? if so then you had better jump on Bama -13 right now!!

My friends call it chico nomics. lol But i am pretty sure robinson went out in that game by injury. Without their qb tcu was toast

chico2663

texas always loses to physical teams. It has been that way since akers left.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 432

LT Profits

I think we have clarity now, here are my New Year's Six Predictions:

Cotton: Alabama vs. Oklahoma
    Orange: Clemson vs. Notre Dame

Rose: Ohio State vs. Washington
    Sugar: Georgia vs. Texas
    Fiesta: LSU vs. UCF
    Peach: Michigan vs. Florida

homie1975

Wait I thought you were picking the big ten champ over the big 12 champ?

LT Profits

Wait I thought you were picking the big ten champ over the big 12 champ?
    Committee has spoken.

Also I don't expect Ohio State blowout of Northwestern, I really needed Ohio State to be 5 tonight with Oklahoma 6, which is how I would have ranked them.

homie1975

Committee has spoken.

Also I don't expect Ohio State blowout of Northwestern, I really needed Ohio State to be 5 tonight with Oklahoma 6, which is how I would have ranked them.
    AP. coaches poll. Cfp committee. And me (30 year college football fanatic beyond worfs) all have Oklahoma ahead of ohio st. What are all of us seeing that u are not?

LT Profits

AP. coaches poll. Cfp committee. And me (30 year college football fanatic beyond worfs) all have Oklahoma ahead of ohio st. What are all of us seeing that u are not?
    Better conference and best win of the season of the two teams (putting up 62 vs. top ranked defense) coming in last game, ergo peaking at right time, not to mention Oklahoma allowing 50 points per game lately. Committee does not automatically clone AP and coaches polls, I was hoping they would see things my way, especially when adding in Big Ten / Meyer bias of past seasons. But alas, it was not meant to be.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

That is what CBS Sports wants you to believe. The fact of the matter is that if this is the way things end up (and do not be surprised to see 10-2 Washington State dump LSU out of a New Years Day game) Florida will play UCF (if they get past Memphis) in the Peach Bowl. No one shows up if the Fiesta Bowl has a 3 loss SEC team and UCF.

LT Profits

That is what CBS Sports wants you to believe. The fact of the matter is that if this is the way things end up (and do not be surprised to see 10-2 Washington State dump LSU out of a New Years Day game) Florida will play UCF (if they get past Memphis) in the Peach Bowl. No one shows up if the Fiesta Bowl has a 3 loss SEC team and UCF.
    What do you mean CBS Sports, do their projections match mine? There are my own predictions, if they match CBS it is total coincidence.

Group of 5 winner is going to Fiesta this year, Peach will not get Group of 5 three years in a row. And my predictions are based on tonight's rankings, so my matchups have top 11 teams plus Texas, which automatically goes to Sugar if Oklahoma is in Playoff.

LT Profits

And LSU going to Fiesta cannot be helped because committee will not select SEC matchup in Peach. If not for the fact that next two at-large berths were both SEC, Fiesta would have been Michigan vs. Group of 5.

LT Profits

Fiesta is rooting for Memphis so that it would get more territorial Mountain West Champ.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

So, if Oklahoma wins, Ohio State is out, right?

Does that mean the Ohio state line will drop if Oklahoma wins?

Should we assume Oklahoma wins, and take Northwestern +14 now?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    So, if Oklahoma wins, Ohio State is out, right?

Does that mean the Ohio state line will drop if Oklahoma wins?

Should we assume Oklahoma wins, and take Northwestern +14 now?
    It depends on HOW Oklahoma wins, if it is reasonably close, then Ohio State has a chance if they annihilate Northwestern. But if Oklahoma wins handily, it should be all over. So if Oklahoma wins by say 10 or less, line on Ohio State may actually RISE because Buckeyes would need total blowout. If Oklahoma romps, Ohio State line may drop because they would be locked into Rose Bowl. And if Oklahoma loses outright, it may have no effect on Ohio State line because Buckeyes would only need to win with style points no longer mattering.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Giant

First 12345 Last