Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Who bet that LSU Arkansas game

Lol at that ending. God bless you

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15064

me, heart breaking in the last one minutes of this game.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

Here's what happened as described in my thread in the College Football Forum:

Arkansas was down 14 and had a 2nd and long and threw an incompletion. LSU player gets flagged for taunting with an automatic 1st down. A couple plays later Arkansas scores a TD to trail by 7.

LSU driving down the field hoping to run out the clock. LSU runner breaks through the Arkansas defensive line and drops to the ground at about the Arkansas 4 yard line. No problem. Just like Gurley did for the Rams where LSU can go into Victory Formation.

Here's where it gets weird. LSU hands off to the same playerand he goes to inside the 1 yard line and drops again. They still don't go into Victory Formation and run the ball like they're looking to score and get stopped at the 1 inch line and time runs out.

Arkansas covers.

baseballstud
    baseballstud's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 468

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post

Here's what happened as described in my thread in the College Football Forum:

Arkansas was down 14 and had a 2nd and long and threw an incompletion. LSU player gets flagged for taunting with an automatic 1st down. A couple plays later Arkansas scores a TD to trail by 7.

LSU driving down the field hoping to run out the clock. LSU runner breaks through the Arkansas defensive line and drops to the ground at about the Arkansas 4 yard line. No problem. Just like Gurley did for the Rams where LSU can go into Victory Formation.

Here's where it gets weird. LSU hands off to the same playerand he goes to inside the 1 yard line and drops again. They still don't go into Victory Formation and run the ball like they're looking to score and get stopped at the 1 inch line and time runs out.

Arkansas covers.
    Wow thanks for the details, yahoo sports definitely doesn’t do it justice. I was on the wrong side of gurley falling and this seems like another brutal one with how they kept going instead of kneeling. Crazy stuff

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Big O lol

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652
    Points Awarded:

baseballstud gave daneblazer 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

didnt bet it but seems u might wanna beat arky by all you can doesnt matter no hope for lsu for playoffs really anyway but he prob made some of the lsu faithful fans who bet on them more madder at him

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Why are they running the ball at all? Arkansas had no timeouts.

Orgeron had money on LSU, and the running back had money on Arkansas?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post

That's what I thought too.

FlatEarthBallin
    azimuthal equidistan
    FlatEarthBallin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 594

nothing to see here people. move along now.

Joey Vigs
    Joey Vigs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1519

Kids

ikid2groove415

If that kid isn’t on the Active roster next week? You know why -

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Yah I had Arkansas +13
    Unreal that ending was I thought I was toast actually I started the day with 1000 dollars currently have a bet pending to be at 1200 day end...I have bet games all day and almost went broke about 4 times....Day in the life of a degen....
    Points Awarded:

BANKROLL 2k20 gave pilebuck13 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Lol! Whoever says majority of key games whose spreads are not fixed is naive. It's all dirty money. And funnily they would not talk in the media.

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    Lol! Whoever says majority of key games whose spreads are not fixed is naive. It's all dirty money. And funnily they would not talk in the media.
    Most of the people are talking about the player stopping before going into the end zone (3 times!) and noticing that. What no one has commented on except me is the series before that where the LSU player taunts the Arkansas receiver after he dropped a pass to make it 1st down instead of 3rd down and long. WTF? Where did that come from?

Well, it came to extend the drive and the next couple plays had the Arkansas players wide open. Take a look at the TD run for Arkansas. The guy should have easily been tackled but he managed to twist and turn into the end zone.

kid dienamite
    kid dienamite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2937

just a bad beat...at least when Gurley did it there was a chance they miss the extra point & the Pack could have tied the game....

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

Quote Originally Posted by bhoor View Post
    it makes sense. that's exactly how you'd execute the fixing of a point spread.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

dumb coaches just sit on it

those are not bad beats either

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Going down was 100% the right thing to do from a football perspective. The STUPID part was not simply taking a knee once LSU got a first down.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Going down was 100% the right thing to do from a football perspective. The STUPID part was not simply taking a knee once LSU got a first down.
    It was just a desperate attempt to cover the spread, not the stupid part. Kneeing would easily preserve the win when you are in the last minute of the game with other team having zero timeouts, not to mention it's only 7-pt game. If Arg scored fumble-recovery TD in the final minute, that would be classic. Again, I had zero money in this game. People who saying it's a bad beat should check their heads fixed.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

yep...and there are still people that dont believe games are fixed in some capacity......

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Need to check out this running back. Something just doesn't look or sound right here. LSU would have still won if they got the touchdown.

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

If you think game fixing looks this obvious, you are a total moron.

LT Profits

Seems the kid has a lot more class than whoever called the running play(s) when LSU could have kneeled out the game.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Need to check out this running back. Something just doesn't look or sound right here. LSU would have still won if they got the touchdown.
    Simple, by going down, he ended the game right then and there without allowing a longshot chance of Arkansas scoring and onsiding. Went from 99% chance of winning to 100%. What "doesn't look or sound right" is LSU calling running plays instead of going into victory formation.

floridagolfer
    floridagolfer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12339

This might be the best example in the history of sports to demonstrate why people who bet on 19- and 20-year-olds are nuts.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by floridagolfer View Post
    This might be the best example in the history of sports to demonstrate why people who bet on 19- and 20-year-olds are nuts.
    Not at all when the college kid was the one that did the right thing.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Simple, by going down, he ended the game right then and there without allowing a longshot chance of Arkansas scoring and onsiding. Went from 99% chance of winning to 100%. What "doesn't look or sound right" is LSU calling running plays instead of going into victory formation.
    not sure you saw this, its different than going down once, this happened 2 or 3 times when they could have just ran the clock out instead of risking a bobbled snap.

The Giant

Anywhere I can watch the last three minutes or so of this game?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!

Anywhere I can watch the last three minutes or so of this game?
    Here's the last minute and a half with some hilarious commentary.

Points Awarded:

The Giant gave QuantumLeap 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler

on 2nd watch its not as compelling. the 1st run yea he goes down, the 2nd run the he goes down after he feels the defender hit the ball with his hand at that point seems maybe he said whoa this is dangerous since he hit the ball and went down. the 3rd run there is contact and he goes down didnt give much of a effort after the contact but could have been playing it safe. other than that it looks maybe sketchy, only thing Im not sure if anything fishy was going on then by who? lsu? I just think if youre fixing games youd never let it get to that point. who knows, anyone see it differently?

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumLeap View Post
    Here's the last minute and a half with some hilarious commentary.

Very strange.

I don't think I've ever seen a running back go down on his own, it was always someone else telling him. And if someone was telling this guy to go down, they would have simply taken a knee instead.

ikid2groove415

Big O looks really stress out when he didn’t get in lollollol- that first run before the goal line there’s no GURANTEE he gets in - the 2nd Run was GURANTEE-

jtoler

on one of the lsu boards the sentiment is anywhere from brousette was smart for going down because "stupid coach O"(their words not mine) didnt realize he could kneel and run the clock out to many "who cares". doesnt sound like much of a gambling crowd. others thought he should have went in because a bigger margin always helps in the eyes of voters, but it doesnt in this case since it kinda came down to the end. many there are very disgruntled that they are 8-2 others call out these people for always complaining. one said it could have been the offense getting back at coach O for saying last week that about needing to recruit better players some funny reading lol

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

When are all of you excuse makers going to admit that you do not know s**t about gambling. That is why none of you wusses end the season as winners. Sure players screw up, but that does NOT mean that the game is fixed. You idiots that think the game is fixed just demonstrate how utterly stupid you are. Mistakes and stupidity do NOT automatically mean fix. You believing that the game is fixed does autimatically indicate that you are nothing but a dumb stupid f**k that has no idea what he is talking about. I really do not see what the big difference is. Most of you worthless pu**ies are air bettors anyway.

12 Last