homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11114

Lee Corso - I hope he does not die on the set......................

i am a huge fan of espn college gameday especially the the last 15 mins when the panel makes their picks and corso dons the headgear. but the last year or two he has completely lost his ability to quip with the guest pickers. i know he had at least two strokes in the not so distant past, but he seemed to recover pretty well. dude is north of 80 yrs old now and has just lost that mental acuity. sad to see. love the guy

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

KLC, the Mike Scott story was that Scott himself didn't scuff. 3rd baseman (supposedly) had a foreign object and scuffed it for Scott every time he returned ball to pitcher.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    i am a huge fan of espn college gameday especially the the last 15 mins when the panel makes their picks and corso dons the headgear. but the last year or two he has completely lost his ability to quip with the guest pickers. i know he had at least two strokes in the not so distant past, but he seemed to recover pretty well. dude is north of 80 yrs old now and has just lost that mental acuity. sad to see. love the guy
    same thing happened with pat summerall and verne lundquist. started calling players wrong names and calling out wrong numbers. great guys but it has to end sometime. they were limiting his appearances throughout the show earlier and bringing pollack in. i still tune in every week for the picks and headgear. best pregame show on tv still.
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave kingdom 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 420

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckyTheGoat View Post
    KLC, the Mike Scott story was that Scott himself didn't scuff. 3rd baseman (supposedly) had a foreign object and scuffed it for Scott every time he returned ball to pitcher.
    Upon further investigation, umpire suspicions of trickery in the 1980s appeared firmly grounded in reality. Case in point was the 1986 postseason that ended in the memorable World Series between the Mets and Red Sox. In that year’s NLCS, allegations surfaced that the Astros’ Mike Scott was scuffing the baseball against New York, but the Mets’ Keith Hernandez said the suspicions were there the entire year.

“We knew this during the season because when you’re [the] home team, every foul ball that goes up to the screen and gets rolled back down, the bat boy collects it,” Hernandez explained to MLB Network. “It doesn’t go to the visitor’s side, it goes to the home team’s side, so we knew.” (As an aside, the allegations were coming from a Mets team that openly admitted using cocaine and various other drugs.) Scott didn’t exactly deny it.

“They can believe whatever they want to believe,” Scott later said. “Every ball that hits the ground has something on it … I’ve thrown balls that were scuffed but I haven’t scuffed every ball that I’ve thrown.” It probably was no coincidence that umpires cracked down on pitchers the following season.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

Love corso but make the guy retire seems to have dementia half the time this year

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

some people just die on the job.. sad and they have so much money

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by lonegambler23 View Post
    some people just die on the job.. sad and they have so much money
    if you love your job maybe not such a bad thing. die doing what you love

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Nobody wants to be the guy to "fired" him... Love coach Corso.. But this year it is pretty evident that it may be time to go

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

They are trying to give Corso as little TV time as possible. His picks have been way off, even for him. I think they are trying to ease the inevitable. I would be shocked to see him back next season. He made the show, but the show itself has been going down hill for a couple of years.

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Nobody wants to be the guy to "fired" him... Love coach Corso.. But this year it is pretty evident that it may be time to go
    This is just like that annoying college guy basketball guy. Love the enthusiasm, but it's time to go. Can't even remember his name.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    This is just like that annoying college guy basketball guy. Love the enthusiasm, but it's time to go. Can't even remember his name.
    Dick vitale

He shouldn't be announcing games... But if you need commentary about a game on sportscenter then he good for that

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273617

still love Lee!!

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

He isn’t calling a game so don’t mind him sticking around. Would be weird to have someone else in his seat. Need someone with some character. Not a young guy like Pollack.

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

i thought 5 years ago would be his last year, i mean it just has to be this year...he won't know where he is by this time next year

you can be sure whoever espn get to replace him will somehow even be worse, probably a black woman, maybe a tranny

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
    i thought 5 years ago would be his last year, i mean it just has to be this year...he won't know where he is by this time next year

you can be sure whoever espn get to replace him will somehow even be worse, probably a black woman, maybe a tranny
    That’s why I don’t mind him staying until death. You know ESPN will try to get cute with his replacement.

Pigpen
    High On The Hogs
    Pigpen's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13875

Points Awarded:

kingdom gave Pigpen 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

Ratpack
    Ratpack's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1789

they only use him for the last hour of the show now on anyways pollack does the early stuff if he cant work 1 hour a week for 4 months of the year theres something wrong. Heck clint eastwood is still directing and staring in movies for goodness sake and hes almost 90

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

havent watched in a year for this reason...used to not miss a show

feel bad for him and its super cringy watching him...

kirk needs to have a sitdown with him after this year and tell him enough is enough

love the guy but its time

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    havent watched in a year for this reason...used to not miss a show

feel bad for him and its super cringy watching him...

kirk needs to have a sitdown with him after this year and tell him enough is enough

love the guy but its time
    turtle, isn't crazy that just a 3-4 years ago (well after the strokes) that he was able to quip and be quick with the guest pickers?

it feels like the last two years it has been really tough for him. he just cannot get the words and jokes out that he wants

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pigpen View Post

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

turtle, isn't crazy that just a 3-4 years ago (well after the strokes) that he was able to quip and be quick with the guest pickers?

it feels like the last two years it has been really tough for him. he just cannot get the words and jokes out that he wants
    homie, he's had health problems. I'm actually surprised his hours haven't been reduced. IE, have him on there part-time.

Legendary figure on a great show. But he's past-due, and everyone knows it.

xKMACKx
    xKMACKx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8449

Put him out to pasture like Lou Holtz.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Problem is he’s hard to replace. People tune in just for him, even if he is losing it. Tough situation for ESPN. They’ve got to find like an ex-coach who can come in and give that set some personality like Lee. I think he’ll do one more year and then call it a career.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

if you love your job maybe not such a bad thing. die doing what you love
    My thoughts.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

inspektr
    inspektr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1362

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    Dick vitale

He shouldn't be announcing games... But if you need commentary about a game on sportscenter then he good for that
    lol i love dicky v " Whoaah its unbelieveable babyy! he's a ptp'r .. a high fligher!"

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by navyblue81 View Post
    Problem is he’s hard to replace. People tune in just for him, even if he is losing it. Tough situation for ESPN. They’ve got to find like an ex-coach who can come in and give that set some personality like Lee. I think he’ll do one more year and then call it a career.
    i'm that guy. i don't have time or energy to sit through 3 hours of the show at my age, so i record it and then i literally watch just the last 20 mins. religiously. i have only missed that last 20 min segment maybe two or three times in the last 15Y. seriously.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: trytrytry

JMUplayer
    Update your status
    JMUplayer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21752

Hes still a million times better than lou holtz ever was.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

homie1975

Ok today is just sad. Punch drunk evander holyfield just picks his teams and shrugs his shoulders w absolutely no other comments. On one he picked missouri over Kentucky then corso says to him "not so fast my friend....... I'm picking missouri"

Oh boy. It's getting worse by the week. At this point I don't see how he can do this job next year

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Ok today is just sad. Punch drunk evander holyfield just picks his teams and shrugs his shoulders w absolutely no other comments. On one he picked missouri over Kentucky then corso says to him "not so fast my friend....... I'm picking missouri"

Oh boy. It's getting worse by the week. At this point I don't see how he can do this job next year
    I need to see this video

homie1975

Quote Originally Posted by thechaoz View Post
    I need to see this video
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y5EpBhp3lfw

moronist
    moronist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 216

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post

I loved playing wiffle ball in the backyard with my brother back in the day.

12 Last