anyone publish these weekly? i saw it once last year and thought it was fascinating (wake forest #1 team in country a reasonable distance into season or something like that).... i think the numbers are very interesting for momentum/value bets/etc....... as per later comment, the 130 teams may not connect yet.

a few things (my understanding),

there must be enough games played so that every team connects...... i.e. minnesota played buffalo who played fresno state who played army etc.etc to all 130 teams.... if teams only played without their conferences (canadian college football) this is impossible.

so power ratings after week 1 use the week 0 power ratings (last year's ending or subjective) and the results of game 1.....

when all teams are finally interconnected, power ratings providers choose to still use a fairly substantial weight on preseason power rating as if you do not you will end up with results like wake forest = #1 team in country.

then there would be a point where each power rating provider will choose to cut preseason power rating to zero weight. but that's purely a subjective call, not quanted on the teams connecting...