bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

We Need Player Availability Reports

With the door opened to legalized sports gambling in every state across the country, there's an added wrinkle to college football.

The health and availability of players would affect betting lines and that could result in mandatory reports about who is expected to play each week.

"I don't have the model code, but I do think it's something that we should do and probably should have done it before, but certainly should do it now," Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said Monday during Big Ten media days in Chicago.

Earlier this month, CBS Sports reported Big Ten athletic directors in June proposed to the NCAA Football Oversight Committee a mandatory national weekly injury report. Delany is in favor of a reporting system that goes further than injuries, which coaches are often hesitant to disclose.

"I don't call it an injury report as much as I think about it as player availability," Delany said. "Whether that comes out of an injury or comes out of eligibility or comes out of some transgression at one time or another, I think we need to do that. I think we need to do that nationally.

"The reason we need to do that is probably, with the exception of home field, the availability of personnel is critical to people who are interested in gambling legally or illegally. Therefore, when players are unavailable, we should know that - that they're probable or likely."
    https://www.mlive.com/spartans/index...legalized.html

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Player availability, good idea, but in the end it's just more excuses for a team to lose or not cover the spread.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You Kinda know though who’s banged up on these college teams

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

NFL force injury reports because of gambling - Teams still lie all the time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

also remember player injuries built into the line

You have to guess an injury before announced he is not playing..only value or know a key guy banged up but playing

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Good luck