4sees
    4sees's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Despite being ranked #1 and being defending champs, Clemson getting no respect

Seems like great odds to me for taking Clemson, who at this point I firmly believe will repeat. After pulling out the thrilling victory late in last year's championship, I think this year Clemson will just romp 'Bama this time, to earn the respect they should already have. Yet despite being ranked #1 and beating 'Bama last year, odds still have THEM with basically being a 3 point dog in semi. I presume a majority feel the winner of this wins it all, and with the 'Bama future being like +180, Clemson's like +300 looks to me like that should be pounded.

Am hoping since last year's defeat, the Saban/'Bama dynasty has long since peaked and is falling. Certainly backing 'Bama this year was an overall loss, as they've gone 5-7 ATS, including 2-5 ATS in their last 7. 'Bama looked unimpressive in their last game giving up 26 points at Auburn, and though Clemson was home against Auburn back in September, only gave up 6 points for the whole game. 'Bama took care of the cream puff Mercer, and prior to that gave up 24 to Miss. ST, who could only score 10 against Auburn, which makes 'Bama's loss to Auburn a concern. Instead of coming in as a dynasty, 'Bama has to be coming in with some doubts.

Meanwhile, Clemson has a solid 8-3-2 record ATS, and haven't given up more than 14 points in any of their last 4 games, including just the 3 to Miami in their last game. Though you can never look at just stats to find a winner, they do help to confirm a pick kind of like charts do for picking a stock. Just feel Clemson is solid and peaking, and 'Bama is not as solid and on the downside of their peak. Have just read that Clemson has 2 guys that kicked 50 yard field goals in practice. I like that.

If I were Clemson's coach, I'd be telling my team that no one on the outside has respect for you, they think last year was a fluke, and you're still considered an underdog. So this year, let's show them that we're no fluke, are no underdog, and command respect by thrashing 'Bama from start to finish. At +300 to basically just need to beat 'Bama, looking at risking 500 to win 1500, and thus turn 500 into 2000. Welcome any and all insights you all got, as 2000 is whole lot better than 500, but never want to lose the 500 because I missed something. Cheers!

psufan
    psufan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4599

Jalen Hurts and Bama will get it done. Avenge factor is key

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by psufan View Post
    Jalen Hurts and Bama will get it done. Avenge factor is key
    Bryant is stronger at 6'4 / 220, and is a junior vs. Hurts the sophomore. Am hoping that Clemson being an underdog getting no respect nullifies the avenge factor.

4sees

Tigers getting much much less respect now as odds at 5Dimes just moved to show Georgia is now more of a fave to win it all than Clemson.

psufan

Georgia has 31 seniors on this squad. They gel and have something more to play for. Georgia's defense is absolutely, absolutely nasty. Oklahoma allows 25-30 points on mediocre Big 12 teams lmao. I think if UGA wins, which they will, they could win it all.

Again with Bama, its the avenge factor. It's harder to stay on top at #1 than to play as a #4. It's just how it is with Bama top tier talent, its hard to keep them motivated against the fight of the dog. Bama will win. SEC rolls.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Clemson wins by two tds.

Only reason bama is 3 pt favorites is because every tom, dick and Harry are thinking "no way bama loses again" and Nick "the god" Saban will win us money.

Would expect nothing less than the square Homer to pound the shyt out of bama.

Meanwhile bama has played no one but an extremely overrated fsu and ended up getting ran in with no lube against auburn. They have played cupcakes this entire season.

They also haven't played a game in forever. Going to take a couple of quarters to knock the rust off. Clemson is the wrong team to knock that rust off.

Clemson is better on both sides of the ball. Bamas secondary is garbage.

A lot of people don't even think bama should be in the playoffs and with good reason. They only got in due to previous years results and being a big time name.

Glad they are a 3 point dog. All that ensures is Clemson will come out with a chip on their shoulders.

psufan

Should be a good one!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alabama's odds to win championship are the best..

Alabama -6 over Clemson..

Alabama -8.5 over Oklahoma..

Alabama -7 over Georgia.....

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Clemson wins by two tds.

Only reason bama is 3 pt favorites is because every tom, dick and Harry are thinking "no way bama loses again" and Nick "the god" Saban will win us money.

Would expect nothing less than the square Homer to pound the shyt out of bama.

Meanwhile bama has played no one but an extremely overrated fsu and ended up getting ran in with no lube against auburn. They have played cupcakes this entire season.

They also haven't played a game in forever. Going to take a couple of quarters to knock the rust off. Clemson is the wrong team to knock that rust off.

Clemson is better on both sides of the ball. Bamas secondary is garbage.

A lot of people don't even think bama should be in the playoffs and with good reason. They only got in due to previous years results and being a big time name.

Glad they are a 3 point dog. All that ensures is Clemson will come out with a chip on their shoulders.
    Am expecting Clemson BigB to win big too. So, if it's Clemson / Georgia, Georgia will be favored?

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Alabama's odds to win championship are the best..

Alabama -6 over Clemson..

Alabama -8.5 over Oklahoma..

Alabama -7 over Georgia.....
    Do you have those odds for Clemson?

Mr. Peepers
    Mr. Peepers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Alabama offense missing the big play ability that Clemson has. Bama won't put up enough pts imo

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by 4sees View Post
    Do you have those odds for Clemson?
    Those are my own calculated odds...............
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: psufan

4sees

How would you calculate Clemson / Georgia?

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Peepers View Post
    Alabama offense missing the big play ability that Clemson has. Bama won't put up enough pts imo
    Coaching can only take a team so far.

Clemson is the better team on both sides of the ball. I honestly don't even see an entertaining game. This clearly isn't the same Bama team from last year. I've watched every single game they played this year from start to finish. Their secondary is a complete joke.

psufan

28-23 Bama.

PAULYPOKER

How would you calculate Clemson / Georgia?
    Clemson -1/2

psufan

lol pauly you are a sharp

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    Clemson -1/2
    I'll round that up for you to Clemson -1 if they see those dogs ... thanks.

Heltah Skeltah
    Heltah Skeltah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 507

Clemson defensive front is best in the country. They r deep. Clemson for me

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money

Clemson is ranked #1 for a very good reason.

Don't over think

4sees

Quote Originally Posted by Heltah Skeltah View Post
    Clemson defensive front is best in the country. They r deep. Clemson for me
    They're rock solid, and hope they show it with a thrashing for 4 quarters, as don't need these down to the wire nail biters.

4sees

Was 'Bama -6.5 last year, as I watch the reply ... After 'Bama D stops a 4th and 1, their O goes right down for the 7-0 early lead. So, Tigers had to overcome early adversity.

4sees

Next, they each punt, and then Tigers cough it up via bad snap, but D holds, and then 'Bama pins 'em back on the 1. Tigers still cold, punt again, and ultimately Scarbrough breaks loose again to give 'Bama the 14-0 2nd qtr lead. The each punt again, and finally Cain busts one, then Leggett, and then QB goes in to make it 14-7. 2nd Half now, Tigers fumble again but thanks to Refrow's hustle (who has been solid receiving) to stop the recovery TD, Tigers hold 'em to 3 ... now 17-7. After a sweet Renfrow TD making it 17-14, O.J. is wide open for like 65 yards making it 24-14. Into the 4th qtr, Williams TD makes it 24-21, and with only 4:38 left Tigers take their 1st lead 28-24. 'Bama QB goes up the gut for 30 yards with 2:07 left making it 31-28. But with 1 second left, Renfrow made it look easy giving Clemson the crown (35-31).
    Last edited by 4sees; 12-31-17 at 11:34 PM.

4sees

Now looking at both of their last games, and seeing which star players are returning from last year's Final, and which new ones can make a difference. For me, will all start on D for Clemson with Wilkins, and 340 lbs worth of Dexter both returning. Though they dominated the 'Canes, can't get too over confident as was a weak and pathetic performance they faced, and you know 'Bama is bringing a whole lot more. Side note to last year's Final ... Saban was crying to the refs like on every play, like he knew his team wasn't as good as Clemson's.

Cain and Renfrow are returning, so that experience goes a long way. Right from the gate, Renfrow had at least 3 good plays on Miami, as Clemson went right down the field and in. Expect Renfrow to eat up 'Bama again this year. Though doesn't look like Leggett or Williams are returning as receivers, got Ray-Ray and Etienne who can both run and catch, so that will keep Bama's D on its toes especially if they try to double team Renfrow.

Other notables returning on D who had at least 1 tackle last year, Jadar, Kendall, Dorian, Van, Tanner, Clelin, Ryan, and Marcus. They didn't play great last year, but good enough to win. This year, they play great, and don't go down 14-0. Now, before I 'cap 'Bama's last game, want to say Bryant was solid rushing and throwing for TD's, including 23/39 & 252 yards. Already know Hurts has only 12 completions on Auburn for just 112 yds.

4sees

Auburn picked 'Bama's D apart all game, and 'Bama was just awful. They had no goal line resistance on D, Hurts fumbles on simply trying to run up the middle, another fumble by 'Bama on a crucial 3rd down, go for it on 4th down, and come up just short. Then, a crucial offsides on 4th down giving Auburn a 1st down, and on the final hail Mary play they get stopped just short as well ... doesn't look like the old 'Bama/Saban Dynasty to me anymore.

They do have Scarbrough, Ridley, Harris and Jacobs returning on O, and that's about it other than Hurts, who seems to choke in big games. 'Bama doesn't have O.J. anymore, who had over 100 yds receiving last year, and after that was Ridley with 36 which is all that Jeudy got on Auburn. Best stat D player last year, Rueben Foster, is gone and that's huge, along with no #22 or #93. For the rest, they have several returning players on D, who I think Clemson is going to crush. Seriously, looks to me like Clemson is stronger this year, and 'Bama is weaker.

Other side notes: I'd also say that hands down, Clemson is superior on special teams, which is critical. Really like the Gatorade dumping on Coach after the win over Miami, and the hugs by the coach and players as the clock ran down, which shows me that Clemson players/coach are tight. Must factor that 'Bama can't look as worse as they did last game, and will be more focused and with the revenge factor and all going for the title, it surely can't be as easy as it seems on paper. With that being said, as long as Clemson shows up, they're not losing this game to the Tide.

4sees

With 'Bama #1 last year getting to wear their dark jerseys, hope Clemson wears dark jerseys this year (even though it's just the semi-Final), do we know? Give me the dog in dark.

PAULYPOKER

There are at least 3 factors oddsmakers or anyone can not calculate......

Raw energy/motivation,execution and momentum swings..........

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

With 'Bama #1 last year getting to wear their dark jerseys, hope Clemson wears dark jerseys this year (even though it's just the semi-Final), do we know? Give me the dog in dark.
    Clemson is wearing orange. Bama white.

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

Auburn picked 'Bama's D apart all game, and 'Bama was just awful.
    You do realize that Bama was missing their stud LB corps for that game, right? They're all playing today. Just ask Florida State about Bama's defense at full strength.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

public in love with Bama - books know it. Simple enough.

chosen4th
    chosen4th's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Quote Originally Posted by The Hat View Post
    public in love with Bama - books know it. Simple enough.
    Fake news, public is 50/50

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    Actually Clemson getting 54% of ATS action..........
    Points Awarded:

chosen4th gave PAULYPOKER 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by chosen4th View Post
    not so fast Flacco

public is 50/50 or better with the +3 points. All year long public in love with The Tide, thus the -3

4sees

At 5Dimes, line opened as a pick 'em, then went to 'Bama -2, -2.5, -3, and like an hour ago up to -3.5. The ML has gone from -125 to -178, which is basically what most books show. Thus, tells me clearly a whopping majority of the money is coming in on 'Bama.

4sees

Looks like late monies starting to come in on Clemson, as 'Bama's money line is dropping everywhere. Keep it coming as Clemson will roll the Tide tonight to complete the day's NCAAF underdog sweep. I booked my +300 to repeat as champs this morning. Happy New Year to All!!!

12 Last