Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2384

At first glance...2 bowl games that i absolutely love.

LSU (-3) over Notre Dame

PENN ST (-2) over Washington

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I can see LSU. Notre Dame is 1-2 in their last three, with the win coming against a .500 Navy team. They are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games. LSU is 6-1 in their last 7 games and 7-0 ATS in those 7. As far as Penn State and UDub go, both teams have two losses, both coming on the road. Both teams have 5 losses ATS. Franklin is an asshole who likes to run up the score whenever he can. Petersen is the better of the two Head Coaches. Neither team played much of a non-con schedule. This will be a close game. There are much better plays on the board. Pass.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    I can see LSU. Notre Dame is 1-2 in their last three, with the win coming against a .500 Navy team. They are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games. LSU is 6-1 in their last 7 games and 7-0 ATS in those 7. As far as Penn State and UDub go, both teams have two losses, both coming on the road. Both teams have 5 losses ATS. Franklin is an asshole who likes to run up the score whenever he can. Petersen is the better of the two Head Coaches. Neither team played much of a non-con schedule. This will be a close game. There are much better plays on the board. Pass.
    good analysis QH...but I strongly feel Penn ST is at least two scores better than Udub...overall, they more talented and deeper than the Huskies on both sides of the ball...and all other things being equal, they are simply the better team and the more complete team...and Penn ST might be in the playoff if not for that epic meltdown against Ohio ST when they were up like 31 - 10 in Columbus and wound up losing and blowing the game 39 - 38...I've seen both teams play several times and the Huskies are basically a one man wrecking crew with Dante Pettis...contain him and limit his explosive plays and you have a good chance to beat Washington...and you are 100% right on Franklin...he does like to run up the score...and that is another reason why I like PSU...they will play to not only win the game, but to bury you as well...and LSU is red hot and the Irish are not...and Kelly always chokes in big games...not much more need be said on that game...these are my two locks of the bowl season...if you feel that there are better plays on the board then please feel free to share your picks...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both ML's

Da Manster!

I'm kind of liking BC (+3) against Iowa...rest assured, any plays I decide to do I will definitely post in my thread.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

ND whore shit

Penn St came on late

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23464

Irish played a really tough schedule......

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Huntertz View Post
    Irish played a really tough schedule......
    Compared to LSU, yes they did. They played 10 teams going to bowl games compared to LSU's 5. But look at Penn State's opponents. 5 teams did not make it to a bowl, and that does NOT include Akron and Georgia State. They closed out the season with wins against three non bowl teams. UDub closed out the season with 6 straight against Bowl Teams. You just never know.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Compared to LSU, yes they did. They played 10 teams going to bowl games compared to LSU's 5. But look at Penn State's opponents. 5 teams did not make it to a bowl, and that does NOT include Akron and Georgia State. They closed out the season with wins against three non bowl teams. UDub closed out the season with 6 straight against Bowl Teams. You just never know.
    Your a clueless fat fukkk
    Keep acting like you have a clue
    Lmao

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23464

ND 2nd toughest sched in all of CFB
    LSU 63rd

Da Manster!

ND played like shit down the stretch and LSU finished strong...the Irish got their asses handed to them by an overrated Miami team (you saw what the Tigers did to them in the ACC championship) and by Stanford (basically a one man wrecking crew with Bryce Love)...also Brian Kelly chokes in big games and his teams are almost always undisciplined and unprepared...and that is another big reason why I like the Tigers in this matchup...but go ahead and take the Irish at your own peril...

Igor_1965
    fuggin estonian (c) The_Prick
    Igor_1965's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

What do you make of Louisville's chances?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Your a clueless fat fukkk
    Keep acting like you have a clue
    Lmao
    Are you begging too get your worthless arse kicked out of here again? Do I have to kick your arse again? What are you? Some kind of masochist? For being such a failure, you have a real big mouth, you dumb Son of a Beetch. How does it feel to be a huge failure in life? How does it feel to be broke and in debt?

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6319

Ludicrous. Ive never heard anyone say such about any other coach. Yet every week tons of blowouts happen against cupcakes.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by Igor_1965 View Post
    What do you make of Louisville's chances?
    Actually, Louisville is not a bad play...I just might jump on that myself...the line is (-6.5) and the Cardinals should win this game in the 10 - 17 point range...they are red hot and have been blowing their opponents out the last 4 games of the season...it took a while but Lamar Jackson and the offense finally started to gel and click on all cylinders...Miss ST lost starting QB Nick Fitzgerald in the Egg Bowl against Ole Miss...not only him, but their head coach Dan Mullen left them for the Florida Gators job...talk about a team in disarray...yes, I strongly endorse Louisville...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I am looking at Purdue +3 1/2 vs Arizona. Arizona's defense is pathetic. They gave up 42 or more points in 5 of their 12 games and 30 or more in 3 others. They finished the season going 1-3, and 0-4 ATS. Purdue is the good news Cinderella Story of the Big 10. Picked to finish 6th in the Big 10 West, and to win 2-4 games, the Boilermakers finished 4th in their Division at 6-6, including wins at Iowa (the team that knocked Ohio State out of the playoff) and home against Indiana to become bowl eligible. First year HC Jeff Brohm wants this game much more than RichRod does. I like the team that finished like it wanted to go to a bowl game.

deltgen
    deltgen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4528

I kind of like Northwestern over Kentucky. I got it at -6 a few days ago, although it's currently -7 and I imagine it will climb as we get closer to the game (29 December). Northwestern is ranked in top 20, but couldn't hold their own against the big boys of the Big 10 like Wisconsin and Penn St, although they did handle Michigan St, but Kentucky can hardly be considered a 'big boy' compared to much of anybody.
    Last edited by deltgen; 12-13-17 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Mis-spelling

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

What about UCLA vs Kansas State? The line is about Kansas State -2, but there is the issue of Josh Rosen's health. This guy simply cannot take a hit. He has suffered shoulder injuries and concussions this past season, and has been knocked out of several games, including his last game against Cal. Rumor has it that even if he starts, he will not play the 2nd half. It is a meaningless game for UCLA. Will Rosen, who is known for his not liking to take hits, even play? I am always suspicious when the term "Unknown" is used to describe an athletes injuries. If Rosen does not start, the line would be closer to Kansas State -6 than the -2 posted now.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    ND whore shit

Penn St came on late
    Penn St came on late? WTF are you talking about? They were 7-0 at one point.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Ludicrous. Ive never heard anyone say such about any other coach. Yet every week tons of blowouts happen against cupcakes.
    Toler, admit it. You love Blacks. You are a racist fool. You would love a Black no matter what the circumstances are. Racist fools like yourself do not belong in here. I DARE you to deny that you do not love ALL Blacks, no matter what they have done. We have a derogatory term for people like you, but you know what it is. If the shoe fits...

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    Penn St came on late? WTF are you talking about? They were 7-0 at one point.
    Penn State was 7-0, then lost two games in a row on the road to Ohio State and Michigan State (as 9 point chalk)and then beat up on three patsies, none of which qualified for a bowl game. Everyone except JToler knows that Franklin is an Arsehole who will do anything to make his team look better than they are. His major problem is that he will lose 7-9 starters on offense and 5-7 starters on defense, including the best player on the team. He also plays a p*ssy non-con schedule for the next two years, which will definitely hurt his chances of getting his team into the Playoffs if they lose so much as one game, they are deservedly OUT of the playoffs. So much for Molestation U.

Da Manster!

I am looking at Purdue +3 1/2 vs Arizona. Arizona's defense is pathetic. They gave up 42 or more points in 5 of their 12 games and 30 or more in 3 others. They finished the season going 1-3, and 0-4 ATS. Purdue is the good news Cinderella Story of the Big 10. Picked to finish 6th in the Big 10 West, and to win 2-4 games, the Boilermakers finished 4th in their Division at 6-6, including wins at Iowa (the team that knocked Ohio State out of the playoff) and home against Indiana to become bowl eligible. First year HC Jeff Brohm wants this game much more than RichRod does. I like the team that finished like it wanted to go to a bowl game.
    Gun to my head, I would take Purdue and the points...for the reasons you mentioned but even more specifically because I'm also a believer in Jeff Brohm...I even mentioned him a couple of times on my football picks thread...Rich Rod is very inconsistent as a head coach...you simply never know when his teams will show up or not...truth be told, he hasn't done jack shit since leaving West Virginia.

Da Manster!

What about UCLA vs Kansas State? The line is about Kansas State -2, but there is the issue of Josh Rosen's health. This guy simply cannot take a hit. He has suffered shoulder injuries and concussions this past season, and has been knocked out of several games, including his last game against Cal. Rumor has it that even if he starts, he will not play the 2nd half. It is a meaningless game for UCLA. Will Rosen, who is known for his not liking to take hits, even play? I am always suspicious when the term "Unknown" is used to describe an athletes injuries. If Rosen does not start, the line would be closer to Kansas State -6 than the -2 posted now.
    yes, excellent point...and not to mention him being more concerned with his position in the NFL draft...he wants to be 100% healthy or close to it as possible when draft time comes in April...I'm not sure if we are going to see maximum effort out of him for that very reason...and he does have somewhat of a glass jaw..the guy simply can't take a hit and is very fragile...I'm still laying off this game...don't feel strong about it one way or the other.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by deltgen View Post
    I kind of like Northwestern over Kentucky. I got it at -6 a few days ago, although it's currently -7 and I imagine it will climb as we get closer to the game (29 December). Northwestern is ranked in top 20, but couldn't hold their own against the big boys of the Big 10 like Wisconsin and Penn St, although they did handle Michigan St, but Kentucky can hardly be considered a 'big boy' compared to much of anybody.
    after further review...I absolutely love this pick!...the wildcats (NW) are on fire and have won 7 or 8 in a row...running like a well oiled machine on both sides of the ball and blowing teams out nonetheless...7 or less, I will be more than happy to lay the points...
    Points Awarded:

deltgen gave Da Manster! 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

5918mike
    5918mike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2864

I agree with the one dimensional Huskies offense in the passing game with Pettis but they do have a pretty rushing combo in Coleman and Gaskin. How is PSU on the run defense? With Pettis and no real tight end threat teams load the box and put pressure on Jake and he doesn't handle it well. I'm not sure about Coleman's health but if him and Gaskin can come in rested and healthy and get going they will make this a great game. I'm thinking it comes down to the last 5 minutes and it's close either way.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

I agree. This should be a good game. Both Penn State and UDub are not as good as they like to believe they are. If it comes down to coaching, UDub wins. We saw how Franklin coaches under pressure. Loser.
    Last edited by BigdaddyQH; 12-13-17 at 04:16 PM.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i like both picks...

washington had some key injuries this season.. any of them coming back? azeem comes to mind but there were other key injuires i think... actually with players voluntarily sitting out bowl games it might be questionable to come back from major injury to play in a bowl game. this is quite a bit bigger game than most where players have sat out.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    Actually, Louisville is not a bad play...I just might jump on that myself...the line is (-6.5) and the Cardinals should win this game in the 10 - 17 point range...they are red hot and have been blowing their opponents out the last 4 games of the season...it took a while but Lamar Jackson and the offense finally started to gel and click on all cylinders...Miss ST lost starting QB Nick Fitzgerald in the Egg Bowl against Ole Miss...not only him, but their head coach Dan Mullen left them for the Florida Gators job...talk about a team in disarray...yes, I strongly endorse Louisville...
    If you needed more reasons to take the Cardinals, they are unranked and Mississippi State is #24. Unranked teams do quite well overall against ranked teams in Bowl games. Louisville will go into this game thinking that they have something to prove. Not a lot of action on this game yet, but if you like the 6 1/2, you may want to grab it now. A couple of 7's are showing up in Vegas.
    Points Awarded:

Da Manster! gave BigdaddyQH 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

LSU lost @ home to Troy. I can never forgive or forget that.

Da Manster!

Quote Originally Posted by A4K View Post
    LSU lost @ home to Troy. I can never forgive or forget that.
    that was early in the year, bro...shit like that happens all the time in college football...LSU has been red hot the latter part of the season having won 4 in a row and blowing out their opponents by at least double digits in each of those victories....conversely, the Irish shit the bed like they usually do...even more depressing was the fact that Brian Kelly hung his head in despair after the Canes went up 14 - 0 and literally quit on his team before getting demolished 41 - 8 by an overrated and over-hyped Hurricane squad...and then got trounced 38 - 20 by a mediocre Stanford team...so typical of his teams to be undisciplined and unprepared in big games...but hey what do I know......go ahead and take the Irish (+3)...may the best team win...