Senator7
    Senator7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Fiesta Bowl

Opening line is Ohio St. -5.5. Has moved to -6 @ CRIS. Thoughts?

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Bastards. LOL.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm all over Notre Dame plus the points and will probably play the moneyline as well.

maritime
    maritime's Avatar Become A Pro!

Apparently "Notre Dame blows" and doesn't even belong in a BCS bowl (see thread by BuddyBear) so Ohio St. minus the points has to be the easiest money maker of the year.

(I'll take Charlie Weis...I mean Notre Dame)

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

hammer OSU....ND is not even in the same class folks.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

ND fans are clinging onto a hope that Charlie Weiss is going to return the program to the glory days....that's not happening folks.

Just like all the ND sucker fans though Bob Davie was going to turn it around...then they thought Tyrone Willingham had restored the Irish to national prominence...and now in their ignorance they think Weiss is going to do it.

Only a matter of a few years before fans at ND are calling for Weiss's resignation and criticizing the AD for the long extension. Hell they are still paying Bob Davie...Davie has to be laughing to the bank everyday.

Get with it Domers...the rest of NCAAF not only has caught up but has surpassed ND.

Notre Dame is nothing more than a has been school living off a past glory that doesn't even exist anymore.

Wait till OSU thrashes ND Big Ten style just like MSU does every year now.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

[QUOTE=BuddyBear]

Get with it Domers...the rest of NCAAF not only has caught up but has surpassed ND.

Notre Dame is nothing more than a has been school living off a past glory that doesn't even exist anymore.

Is this why they have the best recruting class in the Nation coming in?

Illusion

[QUOTE=clonecat]
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear
    That has to be it, has to. What else could it be?

BB is just another ND hater.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is one of the rare favorites i kind of like off the surface.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

No i am not an ND hater...i am a realist who recognizes the biases in the BCS and is willing to come to terms with the fact that ND is not the school that it was in the 80s.

I mean think of who they lost to now in the past couple of years...BYU, Pittsburgh, Michigan St, Boston College, NCST, Oregon St, Syracuse, Purdue, etc...Does that sound like a top tier program???

I mean they are just an average team with an average program...nothing special.

And for recruiting classess...something needs to be said that recruiting class and winning are not necessarily correlated variables. Even the people who have those rankings say that there is far more to it then that.

My bet is ND loses by DD to OSU...then has an average year next year which includes the annual ass kicking tradition by MSU.

Guys...get with it seriously...ND is nothing special and havent won a bowl game since i was in junior high or maybe even grade school. All their hype is from a different decade an era when they were really really good and thanks to ND's sensational and coordinated advertising campaign to keep those images alive in the public's mind (not to mention the big donors) people think that ND is "special" and is a "magical" program that is blessed by God. Now a days...they are just a regular program no different than say Iowa or NCST or even dare I say Oregon St.

Sorry guys

Illusion

If you wanna win pound the Irish. If you like throwing away money then go ahead and bet Ohio State. Notre Dame will win this game by atleast 10 points.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

[QUOTE=clonecat]
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyBear

I started to think more and more about this last night...and I said man this guy clonecat must have nothing else to cling to with his ND support other than the "hope" of a good recruiting class.

It got me thinking, according to this logic, the team with the best recruiting class of 2005 must really be a great team this year...they have to be really powerful, a really steller team with marquee wins across the board...no doubt a team that is BCS bound and certainly a team that won their conference.

Well I did some research and found out that the team with the #1 recruiting class is none other than Tennessee who will be sitting home watching the games this year :an_roll_l

Sorry ND fans...but you guys don't have an elite program...just an average program.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Does anyone else like Under in this game? I mean, I know Notre Dame can't stop anybody, but I think Tressel will be planning on running the ball and burning the clock while his defense puts the clamps on the Irish offense.

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Does anyone else like Under in this game? I mean, I know Notre Dame can't stop anybody, but I think Tressel will be planning on running the ball and burning the clock while his defense puts the clamps on the Irish offense.
    No, I think Tressel is smart enough to balance the action especially with how well Smith has been playing and with Holmes and Ginn on the outside. I will be playing OSU on action points when the line reaches a number I want.

Illusion

How much are you throwing on the game BuddyBear? You seem so confident, 1/2 your bankroll maybe? Go for it.

BuddyBear
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion
    How much are you throwing on the game BuddyBear? You seem so confident, 1/2 your bankroll maybe? Go for it.
    1 unit Illusion...my unit size never changes. I feel OSU is the better team b/c of their defense. In the end, defense prevails.

I bet ND last year against OSU got burned.....i hope it's a good game. I honestly have to say that I am looking more foward to this matchup than USC/Texas....i think that is mostly b/c i am from the midwest and follow ND and OSU close enough.

I barely see Texas or USC.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    I will be playing OSU on action points when the line reaches a number I want.
    Are you thinking this drops below 4?

moses millsap

Quote Originally Posted by Razz
    Are you thinking this drops below 4?
    Yes, I think money will continue to come in on Notre Dame. If it hits 3, I think I'll hit the AP bet then, it's not a big deal as I don't see the line moving in OSU's direction, so just a wait and see game for me.