thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Ohio State and Clemson

12-4 last 16 in college football

Ohio State -6 - Wisconsin depends on a power running game, but Ohio State's defensive line is strong and Wisconsin struggled to run on Michigan most of the first half. Wisconsin's defense hasn't been tested, the 2 best offenses they played were Iowa and Michigan with backup quarterback.

Clemson -9.5 - Bryant has gotten better as the year went on and Rozier has struggled against good defenses all year. Miami's defense is solid, but they struggled against Florida State and haven't been tested by an offense like Clemson.

thomorino

I am adding Stanford at +4. Chryst was garbage and Stanford was on the road in the first matchup with USC, this is essentially a home game in Santa Clara and USC has been inconsistent all year.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Don't let me down morino. Tailing.

Clutchut12
    Clutchut12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 133

I disagree on all 3 but goodluck

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post

Ohio State -6 - Wisconsin depends on a power running game, but Ohio State's defensive line is strong and Wisconsin struggled to run on Michigan most of the first half. Wisconsin's defense hasn't been tested, the 2 best offenses they played were Iowa and Michigan with backup quarterback.

Iowa put up 240 yards rushing on Ohio State.
    Iowa put up 25 yards on Wisconsin.

Michigans Best QB was this "backup" that faced Wisconsin and didn't play against Ohio State.

But you were correct in saying Wisconsin depends on the power running game at least.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post

Michigans Best QB was this "backup" that faced Wisconsin and didn't play against Ohio State.

But you were correct in saying Wisconsin depends on the power running game at least.
    Yeah, part of betting is situational analysis, not taking results at face value. Ohio State was in a letdown spot after beating Penn State and playing Iowa the next week, clear letdown spot. Wisconsin got Iowa the week after they beat Ohio State - clear letdown spot for Iowa.

I am a Wisconsin alumni, I follow the team closely.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Clutchut12 View Post
    I disagree on all 3 but goodluck
    Lol, well it looks like you haven't one a pick you've posted all week so that's probably a good thing.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Actually agree on all 3. A little weary on Ohio State. So flakey

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    Ohio State was in a huge letdown spot against Iowa. You can just ignore those stats.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

Wisconsin will KILL OHIO ST !!
    Clemson - no opinion [ WNT - watch no touch ]

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Ohio State was in a huge letdown spot against Iowa. You can just ignore those stats.

oh yea i forgot about the huge letdown spots.

RoyBacon
    RoyBacon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15679

Like Clemson. This one gets out of hand.

OSU? I think that game will be close. The Wisky defense gets better and better. Thinking maybe 27-24.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57553

Bought Wisky to 7 earlier this week - Think they stay close if not win. Barrett's knee a question and Bucky gets a chance to validate the 12-0 regular season. The nations top defense keeps them in it and if Hornibrook makes a few plays they are headed to the playoff.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Bought Wisky to 7 earlier this week - Think they stay close if not win. Barrett's knee a question and Bucky gets a chance to validate the 12-0 regular season. The nations top defense keeps them in it and if Hornibrook makes a few plays they are headed to the playoff.
    If you think Wisconsin has the top defense in the country I have a bridge to sell you, very easy to get 7 without buying points.

Ted Sheckler

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

I'm guessing they blow that knee right back out in the 1st half.
    As long as Hornibrook/Taylor don't give up the ball on their own side multiple times, I like the 7

They mentioned Iowa was successful with the play action pass against Ohio State. No reason Wisconsin shouldn't be able to sneak a few of them in there.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Both seem like ML locks

Good luck

GoCanes24
    GoCanes24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Clemson -9.5 - Bryant has gotten better as the year went on and Rozier has struggled against good defenses all year. Miami's defense is solid, but they struggled against Florida State and haven't been tested by an offense like Clemson.
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your prediction but this is horrible analysis. 2 of FSU's TD's came on busted coverages where our 3rd string safety was in the game and screwed up the coverage. Bryant is an average at best QB who cannot throw the ball downfield, only pick you apart with the short passing game. Miami has seen way better offenses in worse teams like Toledo, Syracuse and Notre Dame (even though they looked like ass against us). Now where Miami will have trouble is that front 7 of Clemson's; Rosier looked like an average high school QB last week and if that's the Rosier who shows up tomorrow then we will lose like 20-3. But, Clemson's D is susceptible (think NC State game). Both offenses can neutralize the other team's defensive strength (D-Line/front 7) by throwing quick passes and not allowing the pass rushers to get to the QB in time. Whichever offense can do this the most effectively will win the game.

I'll say Clemson wins this 23-17, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Miami squeaked this one out. Manny Diaz will have this D ready to go and Mark Richt will have a few tricks up his sleeve.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by GoCanes24 View Post
    I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your prediction but this is horrible analysis. 2 of FSU's TD's came on busted coverages where our 3rd string safety was in the game and screwed up the coverage. Bryant is an average at best QB who cannot throw the ball downfield, only pick you apart with the short passing game. Miami has seen way better offenses in worse teams like Toledo, Syracuse and Notre Dame (even though they looked like ass against us). Now where Miami will have trouble is that front 7 of Clemson's; Rosier looked like an average high school QB last week and if that's the Rosier who shows up tomorrow then we will lose like 20-3. But, Clemson's D is susceptible (think NC State game). Both offenses can neutralize the other team's defensive strength (D-Line/front 7) by throwing quick passes and not allowing the pass rushers to get to the QB in time. Whichever offense can do this the most effectively will win the game.

I'll say Clemson wins this 23-17, but I wouldn't at all be surprised if Miami squeaked this one out. Manny Diaz will have this D ready to go and Mark Richt will have a few tricks up his sleeve.
    I stopped reading after said Syracuse and Toledo have better offenses than Clemson.

GoCanes24

I stopped reading after said Syracuse and Toledo have better offenses than Clemson.
    Logan Woodside (Toledo) and Eric Dungey (Syracuse) are better QB's than Bryant. My opinion but they can both flat out sling the ball. Bryant (like Rosier) isn't that great of a passer and relies on his legs. Miami will be prepared for this and I expect both defenses to bring an extra man in the box and force the opposing WR's to beat their corners 1 vs 1.

thomorino

Logan Woodside (Toledo) and Eric Dungey (Syracuse) are better QB's than Bryant. My opinion but they can both flat out sling the ball. Bryant (like Rosier) isn't that great of a passer and relies on his legs. Miami will be prepared for this and I expect both defenses to bring an extra man in the box and force the opposing WR's to beat their corners 1 vs 1.
    What's your excuse for Florida State running for over 200 yards on Miami.

GoCanes24

What's your excuse for Florida State running for over 200 yards on Miami.
    I don't recall making any excuses about anything I've written above I'm merely providing an argument that Miami's defense isn't going to struggle if they contain the vanilla offense run for Bryant (and Rosier for that matter) because both QB's lack certain qualities that prevent them from being formidable in the passing game...Neither QB would scare me if I was Manny Diaz or Brett Venables. T

The game will be decided based on which QB executes better...seems simple enough but that means converting simple quick slants and bubble screens, maybe the occasional post route. Neither QB has shown the ability to do that on a CONSISTENT basis.

thomorino

The difference is that Clemson has been much better than Miami against the same teams.

Clemson dominated Florida State and ran for over 200 yards against them. Miami barely ran for 80 yards and barely beat Florida State.

Clemson dominated Virginia Tech on the road, Rozier threw 3 interceptions against Virginia Tech at home and the game was competitive in the second half.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

I am adding Stanford at +4. Chryst was garbage and Stanford was on the road in the first matchup with USC, this is essentially a home game in Santa Clara and USC has been inconsistent all year.
    I think Stanford wins SU but it will have nothing to do with home field advantage. Will be at least 60/40 USC supporters up there.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    I think Stanford wins SU but it will have nothing to do with home field advantage. Will be at least 60/40 USC supporters up there.
    I doubt that, but even if its true, playing at home has many advantages, like less travel, who is in the stadium is not everything.

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

The difference is that Clemson has been much better than Miami against the same teams.

Clemson dominated Florida State and ran for over 200 yards against them. Miami barely ran for 80 yards and barely beat Florida State.

Clemson dominated Virginia Tech on the road, Rozier threw 3 interceptions against Virginia Tech at home and the game was competitive in the second half.
    I understand Miami was at home vs. VT, but no part of that game was competitive. Miami blasted VT. It was not as close as the score, and could have been much worse. Richt turned it off and was pretty conservative in the 4th quarter.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by fecgp40 View Post
    I understand Miami was at home vs. VT, but no part of that game was competitive. Miami blasted VT. It was not as close as the score, and could have been much worse. Richt turned it off and was pretty conservative in the 4th quarter.
    Are you kidding me - it was a 14-10 game midway through the 3rd quarter.

BossPicks30
    BossPicks30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

JJ on USC. You're golden

fecgp40
    fecgp40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5185

Are you kidding me - it was a 14-10 game midway through the 3rd quarter.
    It was also 28-10 at the beginning of the 4th quarter. VT's only TD came with 11 minutes or so left in the 3rd. Their offense did absolutely nothing after that.

BossPicks30
    BossPicks30's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 886

Hahaha I don't care what those guys stats are. Neither of those QB's are better than Bryant. There is a reason he is at Clemson and those QB's are on average teams. Clemson's wide receivers will also make Miami corners look like peewee players

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Wisky is so overrated. They'll get exposed.

thomorino

1-0 after hitting with Stanford to go to 13-4 last 17, my biggest bet of the year in college football will be on Ohio State -6

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Really think under the way to go in acc championship.

beavis13
    beavis13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9739

Love Ohio state at less than a touchdown fave.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

I am a Wisconsin alumni, I follow the team closely.

As an "alumni" of UW you must be possessed by many personalities.

I happen to be a solitary alumnus of Wisconsin.
    Numen Lumen.

*Fuk 'Em Bucky

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

Morino...
    Nice win on the Cardinal.

I am a homer on the Badgers straight up, but realistically this M/L Parlay should win:
    Clemson/Okla/Ohio St

123 Last