Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

One , just one , reason a BIG Name coach may pass = Saban/Ala

When Nick is gone the SEC will be more desirable for HCs

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Stricklin throwing hot coals on McElwain... haha Mac pissed off the wrong administration.

slapshot81
    Update your status
    slapshot81's Avatar Become A Pro!

florida's offense has been bad for a while i agree with the earlier poster bring in chip kelly he might have sucked in the nfl but the guy wins in college

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Florida is a crap team and a crap school, so why not promote a crap assistant coach like Randy Shannon to run the team. He was a poor 28-23 including 3 bowl losses at Florida. If Florida fans think they can get Chip Kelly, they are dumber than I thought they were, and that was dumb. Dan Mullen would be a good choice, but he would cost Florida a lot of money. Charlie Strong is a major disaster just waiting to happen. As promised, he managed to screw up USF's season. How do you lose to a 4-3 Houston as an 11 point favorite at home and a major bowl bid for the taking? That is so typical Charlie Strong.

Stoops will not have any interest in the job. Who wants to coach a team that has not had a championship season since Urban Meyer was there? How about a team that consistently gets their tail kicked by Florida State (0-4 in their last 4 games) and LSU (1-4 in their last 5 games)? Shell out the bucks. Get an SEC also ran in Dan Mullen, who at least has had his moments, and admit that you are the 2nd or 3rd best team in the SEC East, and Mid Pack at best in the entire SEC.

Mac4Lyfe

Bigdaddy - Why don't you send your resume. You're the smartest know it all in sports... Send them a stool sample while your at it. That should seal the deal.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20469

Chip Kelly.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Bigdaddy - Why don't you send your resume. You're the smartest know it all in sports... Send them a stool sample while your at it. That should seal the deal.
    Lol

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

This is a big, big mistake.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    This is a big, big mistake.
    Huh? Mistake for shit canning shark fukker? Are you a UGA fan? No one shed a tear for Mac today. Everyone is dancing in the streets.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Lol @ Mac

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post

wrong bro

floridas rivalry game is lsu so saban at bama has no influence

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    wrong bro

Biggest rival? Not lsu.

Ralphie Halves

Huh? Mistake for shit canning shark fukker? Are you a UGA fan? No one shed a tear for Mac today. Everyone is dancing in the streets.
    Just a prediction, but a good one I think. Don't look at what happens in the near term, come back to this a couple of years from now and see where UF is and where McElwain is. I'm willing to bet UF gets the short end of it.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Just a prediction, but a good one I think. Don't look at what happens in the near term, come back to this a couple of years from now and see where UF is and where McElwain is. I'm willing to bet UF gets the short end of it.
    ralphie halves = jim mcelwain?? Who knew!! Good luck coach!!! Need to learn how to handle the off field issues a little better. You did what was right but we'd to hide it like the good SEC coaches do!!!

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Florida is a top job, but it’s not an easy one. Florida fans would rather go 9-3 and score 40 points a game than go 10-2 and score 17. It’s not for everyone. Prob won’t be Kelly or Stoops. I’d guess Mullen or Frost at this point. If those guys say no, I’m not sure. Brohm maybe? Joey Freshwater? Who knows
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

firedawg
    firedawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1066

Is it true the Vols threw a 10 mil offer to Gruden?

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Mullen gets the job if he wants it. He worked with Scott Stricklin, who is not the AD at Florida. This is a no brainer. No one else wants it.

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Mullen gets the job if he wants it. He worked with Scott Stricklin, who is not the AD at Florida. This is a no brainer. No one else wants it.
    I'm sure a lot of people want the job. Plenty to like. Tons of talent in the state, and a lot of talent already there. If their two best QBs in the last 5 years don't run off, this is a completely different team.

Tennessee on the other hand? That's a lot less desirable job.

firedawg

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Tons of people would love that job lol

firedawg

Hell they may bring in Kiffen

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by firedawg View Post
    Kelly is front runner
    Kelly cant coach in the SEC. They would have to ask the SEC Commish for special permission.

Sam Odom

floridas rivalry game is lsu

Rudy... stop drunk posting

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    He's trying to get fired obviously who the hell points out what a failure they've been on their job lolz

"Nothing in this world surprises me," McElwain said. "I know what I was brought here to do: to fix the offense, and we haven't done that. We haven't won enough and we haven't won championships."
    Hilarious - -I lol'd at that!

M.W.

wrong bro

Florida's rivalry games are FSU, UGA, and Auburn.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Matt Campbell might bail from Ames and jump to Gainesville.

M.W.

I'm hearing a lot of chatter about Mike Norvell from Memphis. I think that would be a bad choice. Frost would be much better as he can recruit Florida but I don't see how UF can go with another coach that doesn't have much HC experience.
    It's worked great for Clemson. Twice now Clemson has promoted from within and selected a position coach with no head-coaching or coordinating experience to be the new head coach. Both of them, Danny Ford and Dabo Swinney, won national titles. Here's how Dabo got the job:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18441434/clemson-tigers-dabo-swinney-national-champion-thanks-man-hired-believed-him

Clemson fans should forever be grateful to [former AD Terry Don] Phillips for sticking to his script eight years ago, when he took a chance on a 38-year-old receivers coach, a guy who had never even been a coordinator.

That guy was Dabo Swinney, who was so under the radar at the time as a legitimate head-coaching candidate that Phillips admits some of the Clemson board of trustee members didn't even know who he was.

"It's a good thing that I had a president [Jim Barker] who trusted me and had a wonderful relationship with our trustees," Phillips said. "I'm pretty sure there were reservations, because on paper, Dabo didn't have the credentials that a lot of these other folks we talked to did. But Jim accepted my recommendation, stood behind it with the trustees, and the rest is history."

As an old defensive lineman who played under Frank Broyles at Arkansas, Phillips jokes that he never used to watch receivers in practice until Swinney showed up at Clemson.

"I just kept hearing about this energetic receivers coach we had and found myself wandering over to his side of the field," Phillips recalled. "I liked the way he coached his players, how he was tough on them, but was always teaching them and always there for them outside of football. It's not a facade with Dabo. He genuinely cares, and his players sense that."

So over time, Phillips began making mental notes. He noticed how the players were always milling around Swinney's office when they weren't on the practice field or in class.

"And not just receivers, but players from all positions," Phillips said. "Kids migrated to this particular coach, and that caught my eye."

With Swinney as the point man, the Tigers started signing high-profile recruits, including C.J. Spiller, whom they had struggled to even get to campus for visits in the past. After Swinney took over the Clemson summer camps, the number of players also began to explode.

"Everything he touched was successful," Phillips said. "There was just something about him, and when Tommy [Bowden] resigned, it was the perfect opportunity to let Dabo audition for the job the rest of that year."
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-31-17 at 09:41 AM.

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Biggest rival? Not lsu.
    Rudy... stop drunk posting
    Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Florida's rivalry games are FSU, UGA, and Auburn.
    wow

guys take notes on who doesn't have 1 fukkin clue about the SEC

now listen to your lesson for the day:

in the SEC you play 1 rivalry game against the other side

that means you play them every single year
    UGA is auburn

Alabama is Tennessee

Florida is ???????????

yea idiots, its fukkin LSU

firedawg

wow

now listen to your lesson for the day:

in the SEC you play 1 rivalry game against the other side

that means you play them every single year
    UGA is auburn

Alabama is Tennessee

Florida is ???????????

yea idiots, its fukkin LSU
    Correct

M.W.

wow

What is wrong with you? You're speaking your own personal language and calling us stupid for not understanding. We know who the "permanent" cross-division opponents are.
    Last edited by M.W.; 10-31-17 at 09:56 AM.

RudyRuetigger

Correct
    dawgy why do these idiots continue to argue??
    That would be you! You're using the wrong term.
    wrong bro

he SEC has approved the 6-1-1 football schedule format for the foreseeable future, Florida athletics director Jeremy Foley announced today.SEC presidents and athletics directors have been debating the future football schedule format this week at their Spring meetings in Destin, Florida.
    The 6-1-1 format means that each SEC team will play six inter-division games, one permanent cross-division game, and one rotating cross-division game. That’s an 8-game SEC schedule, which the conference has played since splitting into divisions in 1992.
    Beginning in 2013, each team will play the cross-division rotating team in succession, rather than playing home-and-home. In this scenario, each SEC team will play all of the other teams in the opposite division in six years rather than twelve.
    Other options were a 6-0-2 format (six division games, no permanent cross-division games, two rotating cross-division games) and a 6-1-2 format (six division games, one permanent cross-division game, two rotating cross-division games). The latter would have required the SEC to play a nine-game conference schedule, but was met with resistance by several schools.
    The schools most likely against a nine-game schedule are Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. The natural rival for each of them lies out of conference (ACC) and they play yearly. Auburn President Jay Gogue said today that could put each of them at a “competitive disadvantage.”
    The other issue is the yearly Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville. If the game were to remain at that site in a nine-game SEC environment, the Gators and Bulldogs would only have three SEC home games every other season.
    How long will the SEC stick with the 6-1-1 format? SEC commissioner Mike Slive said today that the 6-1-1 will continue for at least the next 3-4 years, maybe longer.
    Also confirmed today were the SEC permanent cross-division rivals. Arkansas will no longer play South Carolina on a yearly basis. Instead, the Razorbacks get Missouri while the Gamecocks will face Texas A&M. Here’s a look at the complete pairings (East – West):

• Florida – LSU
    • Georgia – Auburn
    • Kentucky – Mississippi State
    • Missouri – Arkansas
    • South Carolina – Texas A&M
    • Tennessee – Alabama
    • Vanderbilt – Ole Miss

Sam Odom

growing up in the SEC

grad from SEC school

can easily say these are the Top 2... FSU and Georgia

Tenn may be ahead of LSU

Last edited by Sam Odom; 10-31-17 at 10:07 AM.

RudyRuetigger

What is wrong with you? You're speaking your own personal language and calling us stupid for not understanding. We know who the "permanent" cross-division opponents are.
    nice edit bro

buried

go back to the newbie forum

firedawg

dawgy why do these idiots continue to argue??

wrong bro

he SEC has approved the 6-1-1 football schedule format for the foreseeable future, Florida athletics director Jeremy Foley announced today.SEC presidents and athletics directors have been debating the future football schedule format this week at their Spring meetings in Destin, Florida.
    The 6-1-1 format means that each SEC team will play six inter-division games, one permanent cross-division game, and one rotating cross-division game. That’s an 8-game SEC schedule, which the conference has played since splitting into divisions in 1992.
    Beginning in 2013, each team will play the cross-division rotating team in succession, rather than playing home-and-home. In this scenario, each SEC team will play all of the other teams in the opposite division in six years rather than twelve.
    Other options were a 6-0-2 format (six division games, no permanent cross-division games, two rotating cross-division games) and a 6-1-2 format (six division games, one permanent cross-division game, two rotating cross-division games). The latter would have required the SEC to play a nine-game conference schedule, but was met with resistance by several schools.
    The schools most likely against a nine-game schedule are Florida, Georgia and South Carolina. The natural rival for each of them lies out of conference (ACC) and they play yearly. Auburn President Jay Gogue said today that could put each of them at a “competitive disadvantage.”
    The other issue is the yearly Florida-Georgia game in Jacksonville. If the game were to remain at that site in a nine-game SEC environment, the Gators and Bulldogs would only have three SEC home games every other season.
    How long will the SEC stick with the 6-1-1 format? SEC commissioner Mike Slive said today that the 6-1-1 will continue for at least the next 3-4 years, maybe longer.
    Also confirmed today were the SEC permanent cross-division rivals. Arkansas will no longer play South Carolina on a yearly basis. Instead, the Razorbacks get Missouri while the Gamecocks will face Texas A&M. Here’s a look at the complete pairings (East – West):

• Florida – LSU
    • Georgia – Auburn
    • Kentucky – Mississippi State
    • Missouri – Arkansas
    • South Carolina – Texas A&M
    • Tennessee – Alabama
    • Vanderbilt – Ole Miss
    RR how do these clowns even dress themselves in the morning is beyond me

RudyRuetigger

wrong bro

RR how do these clowns even dress themselves in the morning is beyond me
    I mean its clear as day that I was saying LSU is their rivalry game against the west

now these fukks are trying to say fsu and uga are bigger rivalries

wtf????????

but to answer your question, I don't think they dress themselves....must need in home care

Sam Odom

I mean its clear as day that I was saying LSU is their rivalry game against the west

Ok...

First 123 Last