tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

First trip to the South to see #11 Georgia host #17 Mississippi St

Somehow I've lived as long as I have without ever making it to the South. Heading from Cali to Athens this weekend with some buddies from GA to catch this game. We picked the weekend some time ago and lucked into a great matchup after Miss St thrashed LSU on Sat.

Air BNB house for 9 of us in Athens Fri/Sat. The game isn't until 7pm on SAT. Then all day Sun in ATL staying up all night until a 6am flight Mon back to Cali.

Poster Downsouth is a big UGA guy and will be at the game as well. Hoping I can still be semi-conscious by the time he makes it out to Athens on Sat. If I'm not at least he can post compromising pics here.

Any posters from the area around for the game hit me up for a drink (or in ATL Sun for NFL).

How are the college broads in Athens?

Do they dig post prime white dudes from Cali?

I CAN fake a southern drawl...

Must eat places in ATL? I've got of friends from out there but always looking for food/drank tips.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 434

Went from the west to the south once. Very different culture. The girls think the guys are supposed to do everything for them.

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Taddy come to philly for a eagles game

Housemoney
    Housemoney's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5032

Should be a great game. Best friend lives in Atl, but can't make it this weekend. Sold a condo and need to get it cleaned out this weekend.

I've never partied in Athens, only been to one game there. Atl is full of hotties. Grab breakfast at The Original Pancake House.

Have fun and post who you bet on, so I can tail.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

why not include me in title??

I am in Athens 3x per year in the fall

I am pissed now and will not meet

RudyRuetigger

barberitos is better than chipotle

get w.e burrito but add the small queso to your burrito

are you staying downtown or west side? I usually stay on east side but don't remember any fukkin hotels in my years of existence there

RudyRuetigger

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    Went from the west to the south once. Very different culture. The girls think the guys are supposed to do everything for them.
    bro its 1 night

ofcourse its the guys job to fukk her

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Good game to go to. Haven't been to Athens in years

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

On vacation first week of october and planning to go down south and play golf and find a good college game to go to....

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Will be your first time seeing real college football live as its only played in the SEC, better late than never.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I haven't been there in years but Athens, Georgia is freak central

Yeah you have some Southern Baptist raised white kids but the overriding culture there is hippy acid tripping hairy armpitted queerness. REM and the B52s got their start there if that's any indication.

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10002

I wouldn't play up the California thing. These girls will generally expect a more southern gentlemen but will reward you for the efforts

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    I haven't been there in years but Athens, Georgia is freak central

Yeah you have some Southern Baptist raised white kids but the overriding culture there is hippy acid tripping hairy armpitted queerness. REM and the B52s got their start there if that's any indication.
    You haven't been to Athens in a long time. THere is a street of bars with hippy and townies but rest of town is typical college party town and diehard southern college football town.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    Any posters from the area around for the game hit me up for a drink (or in ATL Sun for NFL).
    Must eat places in ATL? I've got of friends from out there but always looking for food/drank tips.
    A lot LBGT in Atlanta. Probably more than San Fran. Atlanta is very weird city now. Some clubs are hot, women easy to talk to than others woman are totally stand offish. Hopefully the weather is good so you can hop around easily.

I like Miss State in this one. Can't believe they are underdogs.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...=Atlanta%2C+GA

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Taddy come to philly for a eagles game
    I'm down prob next year though bud.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    why not include me in title??

I am in Athens 3x per year in the fall

I am pissed now and will not meet
    Rudy cmon out I'll even drink bud lights with you.

Air bnb in Athens a mile from stadium. We don't have a place in ATL. Gonna get there Sun and just stay up all night until flight next day.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Will be your first time seeing real college football live as its only played in the SEC, better late than never.
    Growing up a Stanford fan and going to UCLA trust me I'm well aware that I've never seen a real college football game. I pushed for this trip for a year and change with my buddies because I wanted to be in a real environment for a game. Cali fans are the worst.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    You haven't been to Athens in a long time. THere is a street of bars with hippy and townies but rest of town is typical college party town and diehard southern college football town.
    Honestly it was probably who I was visiting. My sister went there and had a weird circle of friends who went to the 40 watt and Rocky's Pizza. I was just a kid and the town seemed like a big Woodstock

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10886

Hey tatddy
    You go there and enjoy the pageantry and the weekend and treasure every moment.
    Have a great experience !!!!

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Somehow I've lived as long as I have without ever making it to the South. Heading from Cali to Athens this weekend with some buddies from GA to catch this game. We picked the weekend some time ago and lucked into a great matchup after Miss St thrashed LSU on Sat.

Air BNB house for 9 of us in Athens Fri/Sat. The game isn't until 7pm on SAT. Then all day Sun in ATL staying up all night until a 6am flight Mon back to Cali.

Poster Downsouth is a big UGA guy and will be at the game as well. Hoping I can still be semi-conscious by the time he makes it out to Athens on Sat. If I'm not at least he can post compromising pics here.

You can't fake a draw and most will think you are a homosexual(nothing wrong with that). I know you fairly well and still sometimes wonder.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by newguy View Post
    I wouldn't play up the California thing. These girls will generally expect a more southern gentlemen but will reward you for the efforts
    I wont even make this face that the guy makes when going down on the broad at the 39 sec mark.

PS..if ya'll havent seen Tour de Pharmacy yet load up hbo and enjoy.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    Honestly it was probably who I was visiting. My sister went there and had a weird circle of friends who went to the 40 watt and Rocky's Pizza. I was just a kid and the town seemed like a big Woodstock
    Yeah, 40 Watt, Rockys is hippie crap fest. It's still there but it might be 2-3 bars and the music club where there are 40 or so other bars in the downtown area. Its a college town that honestly has a little of everything.

jtoler

Growing up a Stanford fan and going to UCLA trust me I'm well aware that I've never seen a real college football game. I pushed for this trip for a year and change with my buddies because I wanted to be in a real environment for a game. Cali fans are the worst.
    SEC fans can be awful also, I guess its like that probably everywhere. Ive heard of some crazy things fans do at SEC games, especially LSU fans.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

SEC fans can be awful also, I guess its like that probably everywhere. Ive heard of some crazy things fans do at SEC games, especially LSU fans.
    Ive been to games from most conferences and SEC fans are hands down the most obnoxious.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Cool story

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10886

^^^^
    Check mate 😘

tatddy

I mean awful in terms of their lack of passion/energy/cheering and overall consiousness.

I'll gladly depart from the wine/cheese pussies here for some half spitting southerners.

That said, I recall ATL Braves fans being the some of the most classless dirty fawks I've ever encountered out here. I'll take somethign in the middle I guess.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Sounds like fun. Have a good time. Been trying to go down to an SEC game with friends for a few years now but just haven't set it up yet.

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff

I mean awful in terms of their lack of passion/energy/cheering and overall consiousness.

I'll gladly depart from the wine/cheese pussies here for some half spitting southerners.

That said, I recall ATL Braves fans being the some of the most classless dirty fawks I've ever encountered out here. I'll take somethign in the middle I guess.
    Plenty of passion, too much brown liquor. Just mouthy with a lot of shit talking. As long as you're not wearing a Miss State jersey you should be fine.

jtoler

Passion wont be a problem. Ive heard of stories of people being hit by piss balloons though, fights in bathrooms, crazy drunks who wanna fight anybody, beer poured on people. Maybe some of that goes on all over in spots though.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

What is the best SEC college to go to for a game? I'm talking about the full experience here, not just the stadium.

Seems like Death Valley in LSU might be the top spot game-wise. The Grove is supposedly the best tailgate.

tatddy

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    Plenty of passion, too much brown liquor. Just mouthy with a lot of shit talking. As long as you're not wearing a Miss State jersey you should be fine.
    Sounds like just another weekend night with you and mrs Downsouth at home. No wonder you love these games. Well trained.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    What is the best SEC college to go to for a game? I'm talking about the full experience here, not just the stadium.

Seems like Death Valley in LSU might be the top spot game-wise. The Grove is supposedly the best tailgate.
    Not sure, only been to the Swamp(day game), ttown, and auburn as far as SEC is concerned. Ive heard on radio said a few times that LSU has the worst fans in the country.

dlowilly

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post

I've been to The Grove once and it was an experience. Instead of an asphalt parking lot, you're in a forest surrounded by sundresses and home cooked aromas. You just walk around and see weirdly themed tents where the hosts will invite you to try their special dish. After witnessing the time and detail that goes in to some of those tent atmospheres I'm convinced some of those people live for College football weekends. Too bad their team has sucked for awhile.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    On vacation first week of october and planning to go down south and play golf and find a good college game to go to....
    I'm an SEC fan and if I had to pick my top places for eye candy it would be.

Ole Miss - The Grove
    LSU
    Auburn/ Tennessee tie
    Florida
    South Carolina
    Bama
    Georgia
    Kentucky
    A&M/Vandy tie
    Miss State

I haven't been to Arkansas or Missouri.

I'd have to put FSU at possible #3 on the list if we included schools not in the SEC. USF and UCF have a lot of beautiful coeds as well. They'd all probably would be 3, 4 and 5.

Plenty of action at OM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLC9gA2j4J-/

1234 Last