sdtnvols42
    sdtnvols42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1100

Georgia Tech vs Tn Labor Day

Nice match up for Labor Day Eve Tn already lost starting OL, Starting Untested Qb against a scrappy Rambling Wreck Def. Challenge as Always can Tn stop Option n Chop Blocks game is essentially home turf for the Hive
    I love my Vols but this opener is a dangerous game and 2 points shows low confidence Acc teams are competing strong these days. Ga Tech + points may bang da book$

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

I hate to be no fun, but I'm avoiding this one. Here's why...

Too many unknowns. GTech O vs Tenn D in particular. Vols front 7 is weak compared to past years. You thought Colton Jumper was bad, you may be asking for him to come back soon. You need strong reaction and discipline to stop a well-tuned option and a bunch of fukkers diving at your knees -- does UT have that?

GTech does not have the talent at skill position it has had in years past IMO. Questions at QB too, I don't think they're 100% on who's starting yet.

My closest friends here in town are UT fans. They're not optimistic, but they're usually not anyway. They do think that Josh Dobbs, as sick of a talent as he was, held the offense back, so there's a bit of hope there.

So you'll probably have two QBs making their first starts on top of it all -- and people still want to bet this game? With real money? Bad idea.

Either way, these are two teams that I want to see play first before betting on. I hope I'm able to catch the game though, I will definitely watch.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Basically this game comes down to the performance of the two new QB's. IMO the difference is simple. Ga. Tech has more talent backing their new QB than Tennessee has backing theirs. Also remember that Tennessee HC Johnson is on very thin ice and knows it. He is a bit of a head case going in, so that does not help matters. A loss here means that Tennessee must win 5 SEC games to equal last seasons record. 5 wins against the likes of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (away a week after an away game at Alabama), Alabama and LSU is not going to be easy. Right now you can get Tech + 3 1/2 all over Vegas. Fuel for thought.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    Basically this game comes down to the performance of the two new QB's. IMO the difference is simple. Ga. Tech has more talent backing their new QB than Tennessee has backing theirs. Also remember that Tennessee HC Johnson is on very thin ice and knows it. He is a bit of a head case going in, so that does not help matters. A loss here means that Tennessee must win 5 SEC games to equal last seasons record. 5 wins against the likes of Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (away a week after an away game at Alabama), Alabama and LSU is not going to be easy. Right now you can get Tech + 3 1/2 all over Vegas. Fuel for thought.
    That should be Tennessee HC Butch Jones.

sdtnvols42

Butch Jones considering forgoing scrimmage due to offensive line injuries 8/9/17 local news Off line coach wells said starting 5 all battling injuries we have got to stay off the ground not a good sign with GA Tech coming up

sdtnvols42

Wr Josh Smith #25 Out

WR #25 Josh Smith out.... Smith is fairly clutch WR when he gets a call. With the Big Tight Ends he doesnt get that many balls thrown to him. But as a Decoy he can be used to pick up some yardage because he is not keyed on. Im not too concerned with him being out due to WR depth. It is the O-Line Issues that concern me.

bjapp571
    bjapp571's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

The thing with Josh Smith being out..... not so much his talent, plenty of depth like you said, but its the leadership and enthusiasm he brings to that squad. Jones has said numerous times that this kid is a leader...

I'm more worried about this game than Florida..... Must be flashback to being in attendance at last years Appalachian St opener, scary!

sdtnvols42

I agree with ya bro. I worry about our D-Line getting chop blocks our first game of the season

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by sdtnvols42 View Post
    I agree with ya bro. I worry about our D-Line getting chop blocks our first game of the season
    Yeah Gtech is a terrible game to put on your schedule if you don't really need to, especially first game of the season.

I'd be curious to see the injury list the day after the game.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH

No friggin excuses for Tennessee. If they do not know what to expect on defense by now, they deserve to lose. All I have heard from Tennessee fans is excuses. Excuses since 2007. No more excuses. Tennessee is a tier 2 team playing another tier 2 team. Tennessee has not defeated Alabama since 2006. Last season was their first win against Florida in 10 years or longer. They are 4-6 in their last 10 against Georgia, 0-6 is their last 6 games against the SEC West Crossover team other than Alabama and have not won the SEC East title in 9 years, which is worse than Florida, Georgia, Missouri, and South Carolina.

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24968

Georgia Tech wins the game. Losing Dedrick Mills to suspension is the bigger worry than any QB question marks. They're perennially suspect at the quarterback position but always manage with the next man up. I just think Tech is the better team given what we know. Tennessee probably shouldn't even be laying points here but they are the bigger "brand."

survive
    and advance
    survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8560

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Georgia Tech wins the game. Losing Dedrick Mills to suspension is the bigger worry than any QB question marks. They're perennially suspect at the quarterback position but always manage with the next man up. I just think Tech is the better team given what we know. Tennessee probably shouldn't even be laying points here but they are the bigger "brand."
    I kinda like the moneyline as well. Anything else you like this weekend, Eddy?

bjapp571
    bjapp571's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 418

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    No friggin excuses for Tennessee. If they do not know what to expect on defense by now, they deserve to lose. All I have heard from Tennessee fans is excuses. Excuses since 2007. No more excuses. Tennessee is a tier 2 team playing another tier 2 team. Tennessee has not defeated Alabama since 2006. Last season was their first win against Florida in 10 years or longer. They are 4-6 in their last 10 against Georgia, 0-6 is their last 6 games against the SEC West Crossover team other than Alabama and have not won the SEC East title in 9 years, which is worse than Florida, Georgia, Missouri, and South Carolina.
    I'm a TN Alum/Fan and I don't disagree with a thing you just said......Its time to step up, no excuses!

sdtnvols42

I agree It is a great time to fade Tn not excuses but reality. Unproven Qb, Banged up O Line, Key Wr out, Now LB out and your still favored over GT in an opening game. I Love my Vols but I know when to hold em, fold em, walk away and run. GT plus points is looking better everyday. Butch Jones last year if he doesn't rise up

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24968

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    I kinda like the moneyline as well. Anything else you like this weekend, Eddy?
    I bet Notre Dame -13.5 and Bama/FSU Under 53 a couple weeks ago before the numbers moved.. I might play FSU +7 and I'm also leaning Maryland/Texas Over 56.