Wrongside
    Only Backdoor'd; never backdoor
    Wrongside's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 773

Conference Cooking Going On in Tallahassee

The lengths some of these conferences will go to protect their playoff interests is shameful. Wonder what will happen if Jimbo or someone else calls them on it? 2 million dollar fine? Expulsion from the Conference?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Fsu would love to leave the ACC. Pack their bags and holla

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongside View Post
    The lengths some of these conferences will go to protect their playoff interests is shameful. Wonder what will happen if Jimbo or someone else calls them on it? 2 million dollar fine? Expulsion from the Conference?
    What happened? I'm watching and I saw Jimbo upset on the sideline but not really watching as I'm celebrating the Indians win.

Wrongside

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    What happened? I'm watching and I saw Jimbo upset on the sideline but not really watching as I'm celebrating the Indians win.
    Bogus chop block call which negated a long run by Cook. Fisher let the Refs have it. They gave him another fifteen yards because they did not like his tone( pretty rare for a Big game).

Mac4Lyfe

I just saw an FSU defender grab and tug on Watson's facemask that was very clear and nobody threw a flag. Are you saying FSU is getting the benefit of the refs at home?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Bad block below the waist call. Jimbo gets flagged.

these guys can't officiate these speed teams. It's like the same crew that calls Boston College & Wake that officiate this game. Now the game is moving at another speed and they miss a ton of calls

Wrongside

I just saw an FSU defender grab and tug on Watson's facemask that was very clear and nobody threw a flag. Are you saying FSU is getting the benefit of the refs at home?
    No Dude.

Mac4Lyfe

Bogus chop block call which negated a long run by Cook. Fisher let the Refs have it. They gave him another fifteen yards because they did not like his tone( pretty rare for a Big game).
    Oh, I saw that play. It was definitely a chop block. Did you not see the Clemson defender get his leg/knee chopped out below him? That was very clear. I didn't see the Fisher penalty but I saw him on the field. Was that more egregious than that face mask just a few minutes ago? Game seems fairly called to me but I haven't been really watching closely.

Wrongside

Killed FSU's momentum. We know these undisciplined Florida teams need that Mo.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

There were some shit calls on Clemson Td drive too. That chop was the straw that broke his back

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Bad block below the waist call. Jimbo gets flagged.

these guys can't officiate these speed teams. It's like the same crew that calls Boston College & Wake that officiate this game. Now the game is moving at another speed and they miss a ton of calls
    Dane - I saw a play that a Clemson defender got chopped on the outside end of a Dalvin Cook run. That looked like a good call from what I saw but I didn't look at the review. I've been watching the game off and on and haven't noticed some big conspiracy just yet.

Mac4Lyfe

There were some shit calls on Clemson Td drive too. That chop was the straw that broke his back
    I don't doubt the ACC can do some crooked shit to keep Clemson in the hunt. FSU won't make the playoff, so it's in their best interest to allow a Clemson win. The ACC don't really care much about FSU anyway. Basketball still rules the roost.

Wrongside

Maybe the non Facemask was a make-up call, or they just didn't see it. Hardly equivalent. It got him just below the waist, but that's not the type of block the spirit of the rule had in mind, and is rarely called....Hence the Fury by Jimbo. I will give the Clemson guy credit for instantly grabbing his leg, even lower, than where he was hit.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I don't think there's some conspiracy going on, i just think the refs just aren't very good

Mac4Lyfe

I don't like the PI in football. I think it's ruining the game, especially the NFL. You have to allow some contact. Francois has been getting killed this year. Ouch.

Mac4Lyfe

I don't think there's some conspiracy going on, i just think the refs just aren't very good
    Yep, very inconsistent calls in most every game.

TD FSU. Good game here.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Fsu will somehow blow the cover along with ml.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Fsu will somehow blow the cover along with ml.
    Looking like overtime...

Mac4Lyfe

Well, this is it. 4th down and very long. Late flag out of nowhere. Holding on FSU and Clemson takes it? Why? Make it 4th down idiots. Now they have 2 chances to get a PI.

Mac4Lyfe

Look at these idiot Clemson fools. Should have declined the penalty you idiots.

FSU with a horrible false start.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Clemson will cover the spread in Ot

Mac4Lyfe

FSU with another stupid false start.

Mac4Lyfe

Clemson should send the blitz every down. Clemson's defenders are iffy.

Mac4Lyfe

Wow, bad sack. Throw the ball away Francois.

Mac4Lyfe

How many 4 leaf clovers does Clemson have up their arses?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

How many 4 leaf clovers does Clemson have up their arses?
    Same with Auburn. Maybe it's something to do with Tigers

champlain
    champlain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4860

Look at these idiot Clemson fools. Should have declined the penalty you idiots.

FSU with a horrible false start.
    what? It would have been a first down even if they had declined the penalty. In fact, if they hadn't taken the penalty, they would have been closer to field goal range or endzone.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don't think Clemson can win a playoff game but who knows they seem to win

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Talked to the off duty fhp who works the games and was standing by Jimbo. He said during that blow up, Jimbo said fukk more times in one minute than Bowden has in his entire life

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17012

Talked to the off duty fhp who works the games and was standing by Jimbo. He said during that blow up, Jimbo said fukk more times in one minute than Bowden has in his entire life
    such a double standard. if a player woulda done that to a ref everyone would be calling for a suspension and the coach would be yelling and cussing at the player. if a coach does it then its acceptable and hardly even draws a penalty when the coach is older and should be more in control. i would love to see some player grab the coach and chew his ass out after he gets that penalty or the sideline interference penalty and make them have to run the next practice.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

You're nuts. FSU easily got the better of the officiating on Saturday.

M.W.

It was a foul. If you don't like the illegal block below the waist, then you can call holding or tripping. The FSU player grabbed the Clemson player's foot to bring him to the ground. Whatever you call it, it's a foul on a player in a position to affect the play, and it definitely deserved a penalty.

M.W.

FSU with another stupid false start.
    And for you guys who think FSU got the shaft, just remember that there was an amazingly blatant false start by FSU's right tackle on the 23-yard pass play that set up set the FSU TD just before halftime. Somehow, the officials missed it.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

I wonder if anyone that actually WON money (and not air money) on this game is bitchin and moaning like you clowns are.

M.W.

Indeed. Look at the Big 10 -- undefeated and highly ranked Ohio State got hosed in the final few minutes of their loss to Penn State. Maybe they got the better of the officiating earlier in the game (I didn't watch it all), but when it was clear that could actually lose, they didn't get any help. In fact, they got the opposite.

The really sad thing is that SEC and ACC officials are probably better than those in the PAC and Big 10.