ZINISTER
    ZINISTER's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4786

The Zin is In

I finished week 1 up 3 1/2 units. My 5 Star pick of the week and my early in the week wins with Indiana and the UNDER. I finished up OK. This weeks 5 Star pick( I say that as a joke!) is OSU beating Tulsa down. The Buckeyes are on a mission. Urban has these kids playing exceptional this early in the season. OSU's RB is as good as advertised. The WR's are better then we have had in years! The young line was solid in their first week together. The DB's are the only question mark. They didn't get a chance to be tested. The defensive front had BG's QB on his back before he could get the ball off. Jump on board with Brutus and the Boys! This team can Thump! UNC/Ill. OVER. Ill. had a good week one against nobody. Chizik has NOT done what I thought he would do with this defense. He needs more time to develop the kids that are coming in. The ones that were there when he took the job are worthless! I will ride this OVER out on this team till they put up two UNDERS in a row.

OSU -28' (will go up!)
    UNC/Ill. OVER 58

That's all I got so far. GL

Smutbucket
    Smutbucket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13748

Good luck I was definitely eyeing that over, UNC has a wide variety of offensive weapons the biggest question mark is can this QB distribute it to them.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Only one problem giving Tulsa 28.5 points. Ohio State is looking ahead to next week when they go to Norman to play a very pissed off Oklahoma team that MUST win to have any prayer of a return to the playoffs. Meyer is no fool and will not risk any injuries to starters once he has Tulsa put away. Tulsa hung 45 points on a fairly decent San Jose team. 28.5 is too many points to give compared to other wagers on the board.

The UNC-Illinois game is a puzzle to me. Every time I think the Illini will pile up the points, they get into some stupid defensive struggle. Illinois played a cupcake last week, so who knows what they have,except a rather defensive minded ball control HC in Lovie Smith. Who knows how UNC will react after last weeks playoff hopes ending loss to Georgia. I do not know what it is, but I keep thinking that Fedora has under achieved at UNC.

Two passes for me. GL.

ZINISTER

Thanks for the thoughts. Looking for other plays. GL

ZINISTER

My 5 STAR pick(3 unit bet) of the week is Purdue. Cincy has not impressed me defensively since Tubby has been there. They can't beat Purdue. They are not a good football team. This seems too easy. Which scares me. Still putting 3 units on it. LOCK IT UP!

Purdue +6
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 09-09-16 at 12:00 AM.

ZINISTER

ECU/ NC St. OVER get out the calculators! Defense is an after thought with these two clubs.

ECU/ NC St. OVER 56'

That's my plays. For Wk. 2 GL

Smutbucket

Quote Originally Posted by ZINISTER View Post
    ECU/ NC St. OVER get out the calculators! Defense is an after thought with these two clubs.

ECU/ NC St. OVER 56'

That's my plays. For Wk. 2 GL
    Glad you're on this one bud. I had a write-up all written up for this one and just needed some extra assurance to make it an official pick. will post my writeup most likely this evening

ZINISTER

Good deal! I have watched the Big Ten replay of my Buckeyes and seen some things that make me question my assessment. I am NOT making them a 5 STAR pick. I am taking them off my list of picks. Thanks Big D. Going to have to see if the secondary can play any better before betting on them.
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 09-09-16 at 10:25 AM.

ZINISTER

I will take Penn St. I like the RB he is one of the best. Check him out. He dominates the game.

Penn St. +3 1 unit

SEAHAWKHARRY
    Northern Lights
    SEAHAWKHARRY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2385

Took the ecu nc st over and purdue as well
    Take a look at SDSU tonight lines going up

Smutbucket

Good Luck on the week Zin. Decided to lay off the over, but Ill post my writeup here as to why I was thinking so....Its just a real high number

NC State vs. ECU Over 57
    This is an unusual pick as normally when you have two teams with new offensive coordinators and revamped offenses including new starting QB’s you would expect them to struggle early on in the season to click but that’s not the case in this game. New OC for NC State, Eli Drinkwitz comes over from Boise State with his up-tempo offense. The system should manifest high scoring games and Boise State transfer, Ryan Finley, will be leading the offense in a system he is already familiar with and proved it week 1 albeit against a FCS team. Scottie Montgomery takes over head coaching duties over at ECU, who was able to implement some productive offenses at Duke from ’14-’15. Also helping him coordinate the offense is, Tony Peterson, a pass-happy potent offensive coordinator from Louisiana tech from ’13-’15, who managed 37 points per game in the last two years at LA TECH. Neither defense is particularly stout with average coordinators who have given up 26-28 ppg in the last few years even against the weak schedules these two teams have throughout the season.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Good write up Bucket, GL

ZINISTER

Went 2-2 lost 2 Units changed my 5 Star pick and lost but the on I dropped OSU covers. Boom to DOME! The difference of winning 4 or losing 2. Cry session over.

Saluki09
    Saluki09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 350

Penn State was a close call

ZINISTER

Quote Originally Posted by Saluki09 View Post
    Penn State was a close call
    They didn't show up! Played hesitantly.

ZINISTER

Week 3 Picks

I'm 6-3 overall 1-1 on 5 STAR picks. Up 1 unit for the accounting superstars we have here at SBR. My 5 STAR pick is Houston, they will do what I said Purdue should have done to this Bearcat squad. Getting a great price because it is on the road. The field and out of town won't matter in this one. Houston cruises to victory. Too much talent, more disciplined kids(when Cincy starts losing and pressure mounts, they lose control of their minds), way better coaching. Next, I am getting on board with my Buckeyes. They have been practicing for this game for a few weeks. I am pissed I changed my bet last week. That shyt won't happen again-til next time!lol OSU is NOT world beaters,but they can beat the Sooners. We are much more physical then them. We will win it at the line. Teams west of the Mississippi can't hang with strong east teams. Men against athletic boys? Men I hate to say I am taking Mich. this week. Once again, we have a powerful Big Ten team going up against a week west team. No match! Jimmy does what any smart coach would do, he runs the ball down their throats for 4 quarters. Texas A&M/Aub A&M has improved on defense. They still are not a good defense. Auburn's game plan is to score after you score then we score then-you get it their games suck to watch! Dumb ars coach the whole we can't play real football so we choose to do this. Thought this total came in a bit low, which made me really like it.hmm that means something..hope I'm wrong I'm betting it. Tex./Cal I like the under Texas has enough defense to stop a less then explosive offense Cal. puts out. Texas can do some scoring should be a lopsided game. GL

Houston -8
    OSU -1'
    Mich -20
    Tex/Aub OVER 54
    Tex/Cal UNDER 80'
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 09-14-16 at 05:29 AM.

ZINISTER

7-3 overall 2-1 5 STAR picks. I hope this week is as easy as it looks! GL

Electrons
    Electrons's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Good luck Zin.

You have the greatest avatar on this site.

ZINISTER

Agree!

ZINISTER

9-6 overall 3-1 5 Star picks. Up 1.7 units. Not making much! Throwing body blows. Hope it pays off later. If these kids could focking make an attempt to tackle, the games would be a little easier to cap. lol

ZINISTER

My 5 STAR pick of the week is the Akron Zips. What a game got to get a ticket for that one. Akron might be looked at as a team coming off a big win and might be flat. This team is a tough all around team. If they are getting RB Ball back they are going to win outright. The 6 pts.is a gift. Got to look for more.

ZINISTER

I watched UTSA last week. They looked like a team that had some chemistry and talent. I liked the QB and the overall flow the offense displayed. The defense didn't quit has a lot more fight then some of the top ranked teams that rely on the offense to out score the opponent. I didn't look at the total in this one. The under might be a good angle. I have gave up on being convinced that two teams should NEVER score more hen 80 combined points. Fock it I like the OVER in Cal/ASU if that goes under I will launch an investigation. The ball carrier will have to trip and fall NOT to score. These two squads are some REAL pucies! Contact is not in their personalities. This will be a PILLOW fight til the end. If ya watch it wear a mask ya might breathe goose down.

UTSA +4

Cal/ ASU Over 82'

ZINISTER

North Carolina can't tackle! Pitt can't tackle! OVER these NC games are a fockin joke! Their DB's need to get waiter attire on for their red carpet treatment.

NC/Pitt OVER 67'

ZINISTER

UNDER 41 Wisc./MSU

TheCaliforniaKid
    TheCaliforniaKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2745

Very much agree on the Zips this weekend. My numbers have them winning this game by about 6, not just getting 6. Maybe worth a smaller bet on the M/L as well. G.L.

ZINISTER

Went 3-2 and lost my 5Star pick with my Zips by a point. The Zips line fell. I got less points Sat. with my local. Zips got a bad start. The Zips with their starting RB would have won. Boo Hoo! lol You know the hell with trying to tracking units on here. I am going to post my record on here. I am doing a little better in reality with college and can't get shyt going in the pros. So I am 12-8 overall and I am 3-2 on 5STAR picks.

ZINISTER

This is NOT my style! Picking road favs. Stanford will walk through Washington. Washington is soft. I have this as my 5STAR pick of the week. Northwestern travels to the land of the lost-Iowa. Until they wake up, I am against them giving double digits. I have been against this team (Cincy) from the rip. Take South Florida to take care of a team that has started to quit on old Tubby. Ohio goes to Miami of Ohio and takes an easy win. I will make this another 5STAR pick of the week. Miami has a weak tackling team. Ohio will take what you give them. They will run Miami into the ground. Last, my ZIP pick of the week. I will not even hesitate to take my Zips against their cross town rival Kent Golden Flashes. I attended both these Universities. Kent has no chance! Zips in a blow out. The Roo has a punch. I look for them to contend in the MAC this year. I'm very impressed with what Bowden has going. Still not sure of the status RB Ball. They can win without him. The lined jumped for some reason? I have a lot of area teams on here I am most familiar with. Seems like easy pickins. GL

Stanford +3 5STAR
    N.West +13
    S.Florida -5'
    Ohio U. -2 5STAR
    Zips -7
    Last edited by ZINISTER; 09-28-16 at 07:17 AM.

ExposingLines247
    ExposingLines247's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6334

Stanford +3 so even better for you, nice card gl

TheCaliforniaKid
    TheCaliforniaKid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2745

"Walk through"

I'm with you on thinking Stanford wins the game. But why would you take the 3 pts if you really feel that way? Wouldnt the better play be plus 130 on the Money Line, where I'm at??

Schweino
    Schweino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaKid View Post
    I'm with you on thinking Stanford wins the game. But why would you take the 3 pts if you really feel that way? Wouldnt the better play be plus 130 on the Money Line, where I'm at??
    I think the term "better" shouldn't be in there. It depends on your confidence level in the pick. For this game I did in fact put some betpoints (that I finally learned how to use) on Stanford winning...but if I'm not THAT confident in the pick to wage real money. If Im not 100% sold, I will always take the points, no matter the spread.

ZINISTER

I bet old school bar bookie betting. Over/Unders and spreads. An occasional prop will be bet when drunk and talkin shyt and get called out on it.lol

ZINISTER

My book does have a PPH site which he could open up Money lines. PPH pay per head like betting online but you square up with him not an account online. It's nice.

ZINISTER

I am 15-10 overall. 4-3 on 5STAR picks. My Zips look good. But goods not winning me money. That's 2 losses in a row. I'm off of em. The Huskie D looked way better then I thought they would have. Stanford sucks! I don't know why I didn't stay on the OVERS with NC. GL

ZINISTER

Here's what I got. I like the OVERS in so many games. These are the ones I can't resist. E.Mich/Toledo, W.Kent/LouTech, NC/V.Tech. Sticking with taking Cincy opponents. UConn at home getting points by a team that has all kind of quit in them, against a team that fights to the finish. UConn will break those punks. I still like what I see in this UTSA team. At home getting 17 from S.Miss seems like stealing. That pick is my 5STAR pick of the week. Also making the NC/V.Tech OVER a 5STAR. My Zip Pick of the week is I'm taking the Zips and hope they win. After costing me doe two weeks in a row I am off em. The easy pick are over with. They get tough from here on out!GL

W.Kent/LouTech OVER 68'
    E.Mich/Toledo OVER 67
    NC/V.Tech OVER 57' 5STAR
    Uconn +3'
    UTSA +17 5STAR
    Houston -17

ZINISTER

Went 1-1 on 5STAR picks and 3-3 overall. Leaves me at 18-13 overall and 5-4 on 5STAR picks. My 5STAR pick of the week is Tenn. to upset Bama. Tenn. always finds a way to lose. This time they find a way to WIN. Last week I had a strong feeling UTSA was going to upset S.Miss and they beat them down. Tenn. is the best team in the SEC. I had them finishing 2nd at the beginning of the year. (behind LSU lol) So I might be wrong even still. Thought it was a year Bama faded a bit and I am going to keep that thought. I like OVER in 3 games with 2 teams playing that can care less about tackling. Northwestern and Mich.St will be an old fashion Big 10 showdown. 14-10 final. Like the Under for my other 5STAR pick.

Tenn. +13 5STAR
    W.Kent/MTSU OVER 76
    NC/Mia.FL OVER 64'
    WV/TT OVER 83'
    NW/ MichSt. UNDER42 5STAR