daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

LSU Florida moved to Nov 19 at Baton Rouge

LSU will play at UF back to back years

neither would have been eligible for Atlanta if game didn't get rescheduled

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Sounds like a fair compromise. I was thinking it would be better to move the UF/UGA game a week and play then.

Is the SEC paying the fees for the 2 cupcake schools?

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Sounds like a fair compromise. I was thinking it would be better to move the UF/UGA game a week and play then.

Is the SEC paying the fees for the 2 cupcake schools?
    Didn't say who foots the bill. I imagine they end up playing each other

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

“We made this decision to play the game in Baton Rouge. The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions,” explained Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley, who is retiring on Nov. 1. “The Southeastern Conference offered some other solutions and the LSU administration made it clear that they were unwilling to consider other reasonable options.”

.....damn

Mac4Lyfe

LSU fans had their panties really in a bunch. They wanted UF to play the game in Baton Rouge from the beginning. They wanted to get a free home game all along. I hope UF beats the shit out of them.

bettinJoe
    bettinJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

will this affect season bets on these teams?

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

They paid off South Alabama and Presbyterian. Good move for all teams involved.

I hate to disagree with Jeremy Foley, who is the best AD of the last 40 years, but this game had to happen.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Money probably not an issue when paying off the teams, they carry loss of revenue policies.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    “We made this decision to play the game in Baton Rouge. The conference office asked us to find a solution in working with LSU, yet LSU was never a true partner in our discussions,” explained Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley, who is retiring on Nov. 1. “The Southeastern Conference offered some other solutions and the LSU administration made it clear that they were unwilling to consider other reasonable options.”

.....damn
    Wow, LSU is a joke, I guess they are butt hurt they blow nuts

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    They paid off South Alabama and Presbyterian. Good move for all teams involved.

I hate to disagree with Jeremy Foley, who is the best AD of the last 40 years, but this game had to happen.
    He was trying to come up with solutions but LSU wouldn't play nice. Foley wanted to play the game but it had to be in Gainesville . They wanted UF to come to Baton Rouge last weekend or play on Sunday which many Gator emergency people were tied up with hurricane Matthew. Then they tried to say UF was chicken for not going to BR. I don't know about their administration but their fans felt last week gave them a better chance to win since UF had injuries on defensive line and qb Del Rio. While forgetting their Oline is hurt and Fournette was out.

LSU were total jerks. They seem to forget they postponed a game under similar circumstances during Katrina.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

Interesting timeline of what happened

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/wh...florida-101316

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    Interesting timeline of what happened

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/wh...florida-101316
    Don't believe a word that hack writes. LSU pissed because they can't strong arm UF or the SEC. UCF and UF did the right thing by cancelling these games. You don't try to play a game during a Cat 4 hurricane under a mandatory evacuation when people are buying up all the hotels in both areas and all emergency responders are on high alert. It's irresponsible at best, potentially life threatening if that hurricane would have tracked 50 miles more West. Did you see the games that were played in hurricane winds? ND/UNC was a fukking joke. That game should have never been played. Luckily no one got hit by lightning during both prolonged delays in that game. Football is a very low priority when it comes to fan safety. Reschedule that shit.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

I loved all the NC rain games..Bet all 4 under.Never a doubt

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game never should have been postponed. They called it too early and wouldn't take the LSU options to play it on Sunday. Both look bad here.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    Game never should have been postponed. They called it too early and wouldn't take the LSU options to play it on Sunday. Both look bad here.
    Who the hell plays college football on Sunday? Did you see the UGA/USC game on Sunday? I rest my case. Most people didn't even know they played and it was an awful watch with all the wind. Gainesville still had 30 mph wind gust on that Monday. The hotels were still sold out with evacuess. Sure LSU can fly in and fly out but what about all the fans?

LSU postponed their game with North Texas in 2005 a week after hurricane Katrina. Why didn't they play on Sunday or Monday? Why didn't they go play in Texas? Because you don't ask people to come into a city with evacuees living in it, on evacuation routes when emergency crews are busy helping the state of Florida. LSU had many options but the only ones they were pushing were to play the game that weekend, when over 75% of the UF players were more concerned with their family's well being during what was being touted as possibly the worst hurricane in the history of the state of Florida. This was a calculated move by LSU. Try to force the game because UF players wouldn't be focused, plus banged up, so maybe win the game or best yet, move the game to BR for a free home game $$$.

Foley gave a big "fukkk you" to Alleva and LSU. LSU is not more important than UF to the SEC. That has always been known. UF and Bama runs the conference. LSU is at the bottom of the totem pole in power politics. LSU came out looking like shit by being insensitive and inflexible. Got to love their away schedule next year. Good luck with that...

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16121

LSU fans had their panties really in a bunch. They wanted UF to play the game in Baton Rouge from the beginning. They wanted to get a free home game all along. I hope UF beats the shit out of them.
    100% agree...hope they shut those idiots from Lowseyana out. FSU fan so don't root for UF much...but I will definitely make an exception here. LSU always thinks their shit doesn't stink and they are irrelevant..

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY

I've read up on this more than I'd like to. I also live on the gulf so I've experienced hurricanes. I think LSU was going to use the storm as leverage to get out of a road game. I also don't think Florida wanted to give up a home game, but dodging LSU due to the health of their team is laughable. Their home schedule this year is shit. ...some of that is their fault, but whatever. Moving the game up a few days is impossible. Moving the game back would also be difficult. Saturday wasn't happening. Moving the Cocktail party or the SEC Title makes sense on paper, but is a logistical nightmare and would have involved multiple parties & Universities cooperation. People don't seem to realize that a hurricane isn't like a cold front. It doesn't roll through town and is gone the next day. It leaves a degree of damage & chaos behind. Gainesville weather was perfect Saturday, but if the storm shifted to the west just a little, the entire town could be without power...and that would have been an even bigger shit show.

South Carolina moved their game to Sunday, but the governor made it clear they would get no support from state resources. They had to use ROTC or something similar to that to pull off the game Sunday. I get that it couldn't be played Saturday, but postponing the game w/out a backup plan or cancelling it should have been the last option. I still don't know why they didn't move it to the Georgia Dome, but whatever. The big mistake Florida made was postponing it without a contingency plan to make the game up and hoping LSU would play nice. Perhaps that is more on the SEC's office than UF or LSU. I don't think this goes down the way it did with Slive in charge.
    Points Awarded:

Mac4Lyfe gave daneblazer 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

TheSideBet
    TheSideBet's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who the hell plays college football on Sunday? Did you see the UGA/USC game on Sunday? I rest my case. Most people didn't even know they played and it was an awful watch with all the wind. Gainesville still had 30 mph wind gust on that Monday. The hotels were still sold out with evacuess. Sure LSU can fly in and fly out but what about all the fans?

LSU postponed their game with North Texas in 2005 a week after hurricane Katrina. Why didn't they play on Sunday or Monday? Why didn't they go play in Texas? Because you don't ask people to come into a city with evacuees living in it, on evacuation routes when emergency crews are busy helping the state of Florida. LSU had many options but the only ones they were pushing were to play the game that weekend, when over 75% of the UF players were more concerned with their family's well being during what was being touted as possibly the worst hurricane in the history of the state of Florida. This was a calculated move by LSU. Try to force the game because UF players wouldn't be focused, plus banged up, so maybe win the game or best yet, move the game to BR for a free home game $$$.

Foley gave a big "fukkk you" to Alleva and LSU. LSU is not more important than UF to the SEC. That has always been known. UF and Bama runs the conference. LSU is at the bottom of the totem pole in power politics. LSU came out looking like shit by being insensitive and inflexible. Got to love their away schedule next year. Good luck with that...
    My point was to get it in. Yes the Georgia game was awful but I think the base of LSU and Gators would have made their game better rated. LSU also cancelled a non conference game last season. All I'm saying is a conference game that has implications for everyone meds to be a priority. Florida for the first few days just seemed like they were waiting it out, hoping to not have to play it. And then to, in the middle of the debate this week, throw out that they won't play it unless Alabama is forced to play on an off date. That just looks bad. We'll see how it plays out though. I still think Florida makes it to Atlanta. Georgia is bad and Tennessee is falling off a cliff right now.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by TheSideBet View Post
    My point was to get it in. Yes the Georgia game was awful but I think the base of LSU and Gators would have made their game better rated. LSU also cancelled a non conference game last season. All I'm saying is a conference game that has implications for everyone meds to be a priority. Florida for the first few days just seemed like they were waiting it out, hoping to not have to play it. And then to, in the middle of the debate this week, throw out that they won't play it unless Alabama is forced to play on an off date. That just looks bad. We'll see how it plays out though. I still think Florida makes it to Atlanta. Georgia is bad and Tennessee is falling off a cliff right now.
    Florida's offense is bad and I don't think McElwain is the right guy. I see at least 3 more losses on that schedule and I'm a UF fan.

I don't know what happened. I really think Foley was trying to play the game on Saturday. I think the SEC stepped in and showed him how stupid of an idea and that was it. Foley was not going to move the game to BR and lose revenue. He certainly wasn't going to move it to Sunday or Monday and lose a bunch of money as well. I think his only option was to postpone and hope to make it up later but LSU wasn't so gracious. I'm sure missing this game in Gainesville and losing a game to lightning in 2014 pisses him off for losing millions.

bettinJoe
    bettinJoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

what will this do to season bet totals?

habitualwinning
    habitualwinning's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6311

Quote Originally Posted by bettinJoe View Post
    will this affect season bets on these teams?
    Quote Originally Posted by bettinJoe View Post
    what will this do to season bet totals?
    I read an article on VegasInsider earlier this week about how Vegas books have already canceled season total bets on LSU and Florida. Now this happens, lol. I haven't heard anything about offshore.