t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    It being a Thursday isnt an issue here. Once again the SEC will put to shame the Big 12.
    The SEC has been getting embarrassed lately.

Bbfromgpt
    Cappin
    Bbfromgpt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4429

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    You mean the lower SEC teams? Bc this isn't the 2011 SEC but the top is still pretty darn good. Auburn may or may not win or cover, but going in they are head and shoulders above KSU. It really isn't close. However, that doesn't always pan out as a W especially in road games.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by CWD View Post
    agree and baylor line dropped 3 points last week fri night game we all saw how that turned out for buffalo. not buying the night angle if anything its more incentive for teams to run it up for poll voters.

havent seen anything substantial to sway me away from auburn, theyre # 2 in some power rankings and they just might be a monster vs an average k state team at best. i had respect for the old snyder teams but i dont think his latest stint at k state is going to be the same. he's close to 80 years old now and im just not buying that they can give auburn a game.
    Exactly, Snyder is a great coach and Im not sure how he did so well last year with that bunch, didnt look too talented but they stayed in games. Both teams on a bye so shouldnt be a big deal, yet every analyst Ive heard talk about the game talk about how freaky Thursday games are and anything can happen.

jtoler

I figure Kstate will be sneaky on the passes if they are gonna win they are gonna have to make big plays on the pass, their qb runs as much as he passes, AU doesnt have the best of defenses at all but he'll see what if feels like to be hit by an SEC linesman tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

If you don't like K State here that's fine, we don't need to agree on that.
    Never said that. Gun to my head, I'd take K-State or nothing -- I just wouldn't want anything less than 10.

I'm just not sure why you bother using BOL "soft opening lines." Pinny makes their lines without regard to what a rec book has. The rec book then readjusts.
    Exactly. I'm not saying Pinnacle sets its line as a reaction to BOL. I'm saying you get a sneak peek of what a line is initially set at before the sharp book comes in and stakes their claim. More often than not, it's very valuable information.

If you used this logic in the big UGA-SC game I know you would have gotten burned for example.
    I'm not saying it's significant or telling or clairvoyant 100% of the time. Again, it's something that I've made a lot of $$$ through the years keeping an eye on. If it wasn't worth mentioning, I wouldn't mention it.

boomer62
    boomer62's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

If you don't like K State here that's fine, we don't need to agree on that.

I'm just not sure why you bother using BOL "soft opening lines." Pinny makes their lines without regard to what a rec book has. The rec book then readjusts.

If you used this logic in the big UGA-SC game I know you would have gotten burned for example.
    As I stated, the line should be Auburn by around 3 and they opened it at 71/2. Why?? That is a key number to be over a touchdown as a road favorite ,and money is still coming in on Auburn. Tough to take the dog and no value in Auburn either.

davidcsmith
    davidcsmith's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 558

What's BOL?

What is BOL?

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Never said that. Gun to my head, I'd take K-State or nothing -- I just wouldn't want anything less than 10.

Exactly. I'm not saying Pinnacle sets its line as a reaction to BOL. I'm saying you get a sneak peek of what a line is initially set at before the sharp book comes in and stakes their claim. More often than not, it's very valuable information.

I'm not saying it's significant or telling or clairvoyant 100% of the time. Again, it's something that I've made a lot of $$$ through the years keeping an eye on. If it wasn't worth mentioning, I wouldn't mention it.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by davidcsmith View Post
    What is BOL?
    BetOnline. The first book to post lines for the week.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Because a lot of football games are decided by 8 or 9 points?
    FYI:

From 1983-2009 8 was 1.5% and 9 was 1.2%.

Not nothing but 2.7% is not very high in regards to score outcome.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by boomer62 View Post
    As I stated, the line should be Auburn by around 3 and they opened it at 71/2. Why?? That is a key number to be over a touchdown as a road favorite ,and money is still coming in on Auburn. Tough to take the dog and no value in Auburn either.
    For betting purposes it shouldnt be 3. Youd be run off from a book if you hung 3.

smoke a bowl
    smoke a bowl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14472

Really no difference between 7.5 and 9.5.
    Sure there is. The 8 and 9.

boomer62

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    FYI:

From 1983-2009 8 was 1.5% and 9 was 1.2%.

Not nothing but 2.7% is not very high in regards to score outcome.
    YES! And sometimes they keep that number in that range for the stupid teaser players!!

t-wizzle

Lol Auburn -3? What is Boomer smoking??

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

YES! And sometimes they keep that number in that range for the stupid teaser players!!

boomer62

Lol Auburn -3? What is Boomer smoking??
    Well every team is given a power rating and then add a few points to the home team... Every game is within a range of a few points to get balances action.. People are so dumb on here!!

crbravens23
    crbravens23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1898

I've only been gambling for 1.5 years and this is crucial information. This is the type of info members on this forum should be paying attention to. Thank you!

jtoler

Well every team is given a power rating and then add a few points to the home team... Every game is within a range of a few points to get balances action.. People are so dumb on here!!
    Home field advantage?
    Last edited by jtoler; 09-18-14 at 01:55 PM.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

whats the pt of arguing with this dumbfuk hindu?

hes always wrong.

lol

t-wizzle

Did you just start gambling recently? Like within a year or so?

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

A lowly Tenn loss to OU doesnt make the SEC look bad...for crying out loud 5 of top 10 in the country is from ONE SIDE of the conference and Georgia would have made it 6 had they not lost to Carolina.

boomer62

Did you just start gambling recently? Like within a year or so?
    Nope, over 30 years.. I know how to make lines and compare to the opening line. Not rocket science, but you do tend to lose and shoot your mouth off. Just throw in my opinions at times..

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Whitehead suspended and did not travel with the team to Manhattan for Auburn's secondary.

valaub04
    valaub04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 171

Just a word of advice, and all of you on here are old enough to do what you want with your money, but AU covers easily tonight. Yes, I'm a fan... but I enjoyed betting/winning money when betting against us in 2012 and have enjoyed betting on us and winning for a while now... 12 or 13 straight covers. That streak won't last much longer, but AU covers easily tonight. I also really like the over, and if you're into props I'd take Lockett from KSU going over anything reasonable in receiving yards, take yes on "special teams / defensive td", etc. Anyway, AU by a lot tonight. I think AU will hit some really big plays on jet sweeps running, and on vertical passing game.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    Just a word of advice, and all of you on here are old enough to do what you want with your money, but AU covers easily tonight. Yes, I'm a fan... but I enjoyed betting/winning money when betting against us in 2012 and have enjoyed betting on us and winning for a while now... 12 or 13 straight covers. That streak won't last much longer, but AU covers easily tonight. I also really like the over, and if you're into props I'd take Lockett from KSU going over anything reasonable in receiving yards, take yes on "special teams / defensive td", etc. Anyway, AU by a lot tonight. I think AU will hit some really big plays on jet sweeps running, and on vertical passing game.
    well said

end thread

on to the game

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by valaub04 View Post
    Thanks. Appreciate your input.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

2 points is 2 points. It becomes more important especially in higher scoring games.
    t wizzle come on man. just plain wrong. this aint hoop ball.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

You guys know that Snyder ( k state coach) was a pioneer of the offense that auburn runs right?

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    You guys know that Snyder ( k state coach) was a pioneer of the offense that auburn runs right?
    Let me know when he pioneers a defense that can stop it.

mcdonae101
    mcdonae101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2617

Quote Originally Posted by smoke a bowl View Post
    Sure there is. The 8 and 9.
    why is 6 afraid of 7,lol

SBRMAN23
    Be humble sit down
    SBRMAN23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1448

Cause 7 8 9 lmao

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1736

Let me know when he pioneers a defense that can stop it.
    K states defense isn't bad.....

portetdaspet
    portetdaspet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1008

I'm taking the Under 63.5. I think either Auburn rolls and K-State will struggle to score or K-State plays some good D and both sides have drives long enough to run some time off.

BOL to everyone.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Itsamazing777 View Post
    K states defense isn't bad.....
    Cant be as good as most SEC defenses.

ReconSnarff
    ReconSnarff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2259

Cant be as good as most SEC defenses.
    Did you watch the Georgia v SC game at all. Also Kentucky v Florida. Defense is a rarity now in the SEC. Edit: also see Texas A&M v SC

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by ReconSnarff View Post
    Did you watch the Georgia v SC game at all. Also Kentucky v Florida. Defense is a rarity now in the SEC. Edit: also see Texas A&M v SC
    What youre leaving out are the future NFL offensive players who capitalized on those defenses. KState cant do those things to those defenses.

First 12345 Last