frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

Door is open for an Oregon/Alabama BCS bowl matchup, will it happen?

The door is open for an Oregon/Alabama matchup if the Orange/Sugar Bowl want it.

If Ohio State wins tomorrow, Orange Bowl will certainly take Alabama as its first pick, and can take Oregon as its 2nd pick if they so choose.

If Ohio State loses, they will go to the Orange Bowl and Sugar Bowl will take Alabama. Oregon will be there for the taking if the Sugar Bowl wants it.

Will the Orange Bowl or Sugar Bowl jump on this opportunity? Preseason #1 and #2, lots of people thought they would be facing off in Pasadena. SI's cover mentioned this matchup a couple months ago.

Or, will the Orange Bowl just take Clemson and Sugar Bowl settle for Baylor.

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Bama would be a pretty big fav, Clemson is for real I think they would be crazy not to take the best team.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Personally I think Oregon vs Baylor would be the most exciting bowl match up.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

no chance Oregon has 2 losses already more deserving teams out their that deserve to play Bama in a bowl game

dotheopposite
    dotheopposite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1339

Well, it will all pan out today so won't have to guess for to much longer

letsgo
    letsgo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30330

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Bama would be a pretty big fav, Clemson is for real I think they would be crazy not to take the best team.
    How can you say Clemson is for real when they were blown out in their two biggest games this year?

navyblue81
    navyblue81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6657

I don't think Oregon's going to get a BCS game unless Baylor loses today. I think if Baylor wins, they get the Sugar Bowl bid. They'll be a one-loss top 10 team and the short travel will attract more fans to New Orleans. Clemson already has the Orange Bowl bid locked down.

broadway6
    on to the next one
    broadway6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1338

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    Bc Clemson lost its two biggest games of the year? Make that lost 2 of 3 since they beat Georgia at home. Clemson is nothing special but neither is Oregon.