rolltideroll0
    rolltideroll0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Best site to keep an online roll?

I busted my online roll a couple weeks ago and haven’t reloaded since. I’ve just been making my bets in Vegas. Problem is if I want to make a last minute hedge, I can’t. The site I was using always has lines up LAST…I mean sometimes days after other books. Plus whenever I get a free payout, it’s a check either from Canada or Asia…which I’m sure is somewhat suspicious to my bank. If I want to do a ** …the fees are ridiculously high. The only good thing is that my cash is pretty safe with them. What’s another safe site I can use that has good lines when they come out….that I can get paid quickly? I’ve seen on here 5 dimes is voted best? What site(s) are you guys using and why?

rolltideroll0

If I want to do a ** …the fees are ridiculously high

cmoney11
    cmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1269

Just to let you know, probably any site you get a check from will be a check from outside the US. US banks won't do biz with sports betting sites. I personally use 5dimes

squardo
    squardo's Avatar Become A Pro!

@cmoney will US banks accept checks from 5dimes?

cmoney11

Quote Originally Posted by squardo View Post
    @cmoney will US banks accept checks from 5dimes?
    Yeah. Golden rule is to always deposit them in the ATM. Don't go to a teller or anything like that.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live outside the United States so I have no problems, but I am curious as to why that is Cmoney11, as anything coming from a ATM deposit would still be handled by a teller at some point, or someone in a similar position? What would be the difference?
    Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-05-13 at 10:30 PM.

cmoney11

Tellers are more apt to examine and question a foreign check, especially when it is a large amount. Often times extended holds can be placed on the checks as well. When deposited in an ATM, the checks are not nearly as thoroughly examined. I can explain in more detail via PM if you'd like.

Urbanwildlife
    Urbanwildlife's Avatar Become A Pro!

Last edited by Urbanwildlife; 11-05-13 at 10:40 PM.

kuyyo_morro
    kuyyo_morro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1632

5d is good but expensive. got a bookie in vegas but his lines are higher.

kobi_j
    kobi_j's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3128

I've cashed out from topbet and bodog before and deposit the check in person to the teller. Never had a issue nor was question. Maybe because the checks were from Hong Kong somewhere and i'm Asian? lol

rolltideroll0

Yeah ive never had a problem cashing the checks with who i am using just the fees are high: to deposit =5%... high vig... and $50 for 2nd payout check in 1 month or ~10% for "instant cash." ....plus having to wait all week for the lines. I see 5dimes is free to deposit and a "DC" cashout costs $25 up to $2500? Is this correct? How long does it take to setup an account? Verification?

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32400

My go to book is also 5D, like a previous poster said, I deposit only with the ATM, and never had a problem. 5D is,IMO, the safest and best bet out there.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17096

Quote Originally Posted by Urbanwildlife View Post
    I live outside the United States so I have no problems, but I am curious as to why that is Cmoney11, as anything coming from a ATM deposit would still be handled by a teller at some point, or someone in a similar position? What would be the difference?
    sometimes tellers are nosy and tell you you are being scammed or ask you why you are getting a check from another country so its just best to use atms so you dont have to lie to asshole tellers who wont mind their own business. i have heard some poker players have even had checks confiscated by tellers saying it was a fake check.

ChrisInTheMist
    ChrisInTheMist's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol ya bovada is trash there Canadian checks take 3-4 weeks to clear at my bank but there Hong Kong checks are instant it's weird, that sites for lames who wanna get ripped off in there scam poker

ChrisInTheMist

Quote Originally Posted by cmoney11 View Post
    Tellers are more apt to examine and question a foreign check, especially when it is a large amount. Often times extended holds can be placed on the checks as well. When deposited in an ATM, the checks are not nearly as thoroughly examined. I can explain in more detail via PM if you'd like.
    Tellers get paid like 9$ an hour do u really think they give a fuk? For international checks all they do is print a form that I sign and then it takes like 3 weeks to clear, when I put a Canadian check in the atm it is thoroughly examined and it spits out. What u said might work for some small banks but not known chains

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInTheMist View Post
    Tellers get paid like 9$ an hour do u really think they give a fuk? For international checks all they do is print a form that I sign and then it takes like 3 weeks to clear, when I put a Canadian check in the atm it is thoroughly examined and it spits out. What u said might work for some small banks but not known chains
    this is false. i have never got a hold on my check when i have deposited through an atm but i have gotten a hold when i have deposited with a teller and they asked me why i was getting this check so i had to lie. this is at a major chain.

ChrisInTheMist

Quote Originally Posted by fried cheese View Post
    this is false. i have never got a hold on my check when i have deposited through an atm but i have gotten a hold when i have deposited with a teller and they asked me why i was getting this check so i had to lie. this is at a major chain.
    I never said ATMs place a hold? I said it spits the check out, as in it doesn't accept it, thus me having to go to a teller

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Betislands right SBR John?

lol

Husker36
    Husker36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I always deposit checks in the ATM. I've have numerous problems going to tellers

fried cheese
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisInTheMist View Post
    I never said ATMs place a hold? I said it spits the check out, as in it doesn't accept it, thus me having to go to a teller
    i was saying it was false that tellers dont give a fuk. just use an atm that has deposit envelopes.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Husker36 View Post
    I always deposit checks in the ATM. I've have numerous problems going to tellers
    really?

see i tried to deposit one at an ATM and it wouldnt let me.

i had no problem with the teller though.Just tell them its from an online business

sportsfan99
    sportsfan99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I would highly recommend Betonline. I have had great luck with this book. The lines are posted quicker then any other book. NFL lines for the next weekend games have been posting around 9:00 A.M. on Sunday mornings. The lines are out for the next weekend games before well before kick off of the games that day. The spreads and over/under are posted that morning. The payouts have been really smooth as well. Live betting is a great feature on the site as well. I would have to say Bovada is one of the worst books. There lines are posted last and the juice on that site is unreal. There spreads are higher then everybody elses. good luck

boss_of_um
    boss_of_um's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14883

I'm on 5Dimes and had no issue depositing my last check from them thru the drive thru with a major banking chain.