curtrambus
    curtrambus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4799

The Bret Bielema season long fade thread

We all can't stand the guy and this year is going to be a disaster for him and Ark. This should profit over the year and here's where we keep track.

ULL +10.5 1 unit the first fade of many
    Points Awarded:

the fatts gave curtrambus 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Yeah, I agree.

Bielema is a meathead. No doubt about it.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Good luck - would be nice to see the Cajuns pull the upset.

curtrambus

1 unit is $100 .5 is $50 just saying because I'm adding ULL ML .5 unit to win $168.

EASports
    EASports's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Your hate sounds personal, and comes off as having nothing to do with Bielema's competence as a coach. He is one of the better coaches in the country although his situation in Ark will be a rough transition. Simply because the the cupcakes and average teams he faced in the Big Ten turn into avg and top teams in the country play in the SEC. Once he is able to secure a QB Ark will be a tough out every week.

The Big Ten championship, vs Neb last year, was a flawless performance coaching. He lost by three @ Nebraska earlier in the same season, then completely decimate them on a neutral field. It was no fluke. He can coach.

curtrambus

lol I am a diehard Badger fan I'll give you that but I do know my Bielema. His defensive coordinator does the bend but not break theory which is god awful terrible. He had a team with Russell Wilson that should have lost 1 game max and he found a way to lose 3 mainly because of bad coaching decisions. But his d coordinator and the way they play defense is so bad it's unreal they rarely blitz and they seriously have the corners sit 15 yards back and give up everything. He is in for a serious wake up call in the SEC trust me on this one fading Arkansas will be profitable this year without question.

curtrambus

CajunMoon
    CajunMoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I agree Curt... I think AR is in for a beating this year... Ragin Cajuns are still a solid little team and are biting at the bits for this game... Good luck when they hit the SEC hosses! ULL line dropped about 5 already and I think 10.5 is plenty!! Cajuns probably win outright!

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

I agree, ULL should be a 3 point dog MAX

befus
    befus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4384

Well I certainly hope you are wrong, also from personal reasons obviously as I am an Arkansas grad. Your post sounds very much like the sour grapes types we see on here often. As a retired coach of 30+ years I can say that if you are basing your opinion on your 'thoughts' on coaching philosophy and techniques...then save your breath, you don't have a clue. Football truly is the only sport where the average fan sits there and has absolutely no idea what they are watching. I am currently neutral on Coach Bielema, and have no real expectations. I think your comments on the defense may be true and it might have been because his teams at Wisky did not have the team speed to run press coverage and try to run with many of their opponents. Who knows, certainly not you. I also expect that the Hogs will have a rough year as I feel they do not have as good a team as they did last year where they fell apart under John L. Smith. Now there is a guy you could have taken to task without much argument. If Arkansas has a poor season it will have little to do with coaching so save your "I told you so's" if you are correct on the prediction. I have no idea if Bielema will be successful here, but this season will not be the one to judge his skills as a coach on. I also feel they line on the weekend's game is inflated, btw. Best of luck on the season to you.

curtrambus

Not necessarily sour grapes regarding BB considering we completely upgraded in the HC department regarding class. I have a lot of inside information on BB he has been watched over like a hawk ever sense BA gave him the job. The coaching decisions thing was based on select timeouts made that directly lost the game twice in the season we had Russell Wilson. Won't be doing any "I told you so's" because the only point of this thread is for everyone to make a profit. Honestly I'm glad he's gone. I did appreciate the kind of kids he recruited character wise represented the university well. Didn't like the way he left the program right after the B1G title game before the Rose Bowl was classless and the way the Gary Andersen left his players giving them each a phone call staying up late at night really speaks to the kind of person he is. Bob Bostad was a huge part of UW's success also and that should be noted.

curtrambus

Let the bielema fading begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-18-15 at 03:23 PM. Reason: image does not exist

las8
    BigdaddyQH is a pedophile
    las8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16799

Beelima is a dooche. Class coaches don't run up conference opponents by 50pts

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

A Wisconsin fan here as well. You don't know how excited we were when he left Wisconsin to go to Arkansas . Bielema has no clue!!!!

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Quote Originally Posted by las8 View Post
    Beelima is a dooche. Class coaches don't run up conference opponents by 50pts
    There is no such thing as running up the score against a conference opponent. ESPECIALLY in a Conference Championship game. As for Bielma's lack of class, curtrambis is fast approaching it.

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

I don't live there now but I grew up near Madison. So glad to get rid of him. Hope he fails miserably

the fatts
    the fatts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 452

Unfortunately Arkansas is stuck with a coach who has no business being there. Alvarez promoted him to take Bucky to the next level. At the expense of UW Alumni he did not deliver and his character came through as someone who was in over their head. A drinking incident on campus almost lost his job a couple years ago. The Russell Wilson team should have been in the hunt for a National Championship (never has UW had a QB on the level of Wilson). Yes the two Big Ten Championship Game wins were huge, but instead of taking the next step, his teams lost 3 Rose Bowls in a row!! The way he left the team last year, leaving Alvarez to coach vs Stanford showed complete lack of class (as well as giving Alvarez the opp to finally kick him out the door, Belima was one of Barry's few big mistakes) There will be no I told you so's as we are telling you now - Ark has takin a significant step in reverse hiring this individual...the SEC will expose him even more...

curtrambus

Ark got a new mascot mama-june-shannon-630x342.jpg

curtrambus

This guy is fully prepared for today's game though... BB.jpg

curtrambus

BB had them ready they looked pretty decent. Really good strength and conditioning coach he took with him from Wisconsin and it showed. Still kinda in shock at how well they looked but it was ULL. Down $150 -1.5 units until next time Bert.

jimminn
    jimminn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5771

Hey maybe I was wrong. Maybe he can coach in that case my apologize to Arkansas BUT still glad he isn't in Madison any more.

Dirty D
    Dirty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

I will say that we are glad to have him for now. Coming from the heels of Houston Nutt, Bobby (Motorcycle Wrecking, hire his mistress) Petrino, and interim terrible goofy bastard John L Smith... It was tough to watch a coach like Petrino go but it had to happen.

You sound like I did when Houston Nutt went to Ole Miss. He was a terrible snake oil salesman egomaniac of a coach and we wanted to tell any ole piss fan we came across. He was their Brett. They were so happy to get a "proven winner", and those crazy arkansas fans are stupid for letting him go thinking they can do better. It always plays out.

I can say that Brett's style (or maybe it was just the wisconsin style) should be more well suited for the SEC than Petrino's.

Another thing is that it won't be a fair comparison. We opened up the wallet and went after an all-start squad of coordinators and assistants. Check out the assistants.

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/Sp...19&SPSID=30722

I commented yesterday that coordinators make a world of difference. Petrino looked like a mad scientist on the sideline during every game because he was doing it all himself. Brett looks more calm and collected.

But its just one game against Lafayette! We haven't learned much at this point. I'll check back in after Alabama rolls in town!

Note: I would really like to change my picture but I can't figure out how!!!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-18-15 at 03:23 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Trigger7672
    Trigger7672's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 763

Nailed it! Hahahaha

curtrambus

I don't see a line for the Ark game unfortunately

abovepar
    abovepar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1438

Ark -32.5 and will cover vs Sanford. You were wrong. This team looks good and well coached.

curtrambus

Anyone who faded good ol BB got the victory last week. Actually thought Samford was going to win in the 3rd when they were up a TD.

curtrambus

Southern Miss +22 1 unit Southern Miss ML .5 to win 526

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

as an Arkansas grad, I am glad to have him. Sounds so awful going to 3 straight Rose Bowls. Upgrade at HC you say? We will see. CBB does deserve to get a few years under his belt before we judge him though. The assistants we hired are great. Randy Shannon, Sam Pittman (best OL coach in the nation), Chaney, Herbert... more excited about them than I am CBB. We have a solid staff and I'm looking forward to a better than expected season, though it will be tough to get to 6 wins.

Notes on the 1st two games: Our O-line/Running game look MUCH improved. The Alex Collins/Jonathan Williams combo has been very nice so far and the OL looks much improved in a very short time under Pittman and Bielema. Watching the game this past weekend I noticed we got away from the running game for a few quarters and started passing on early downs. Think the coaches were trying to get some reps for our new QB Brandon Allen but he was struggling some so when the game got close we went back to the bread and butter (running game) cause we knew we could win with it.

Defense still looked shakey, would like to see some improvement in the LB/Secondary. Also expect a little better discipline from the entire team as far as penalties are concerned. Also Brandon Allen needs to step up his game. We should have a strong running game so that should help him in passing the ball. his QBR is actually pretty good but I'd like to see some better downfield play.

This weeks game I will say I think Southern Miss is a decent value at +22 but only because I think Arkansas will be looking ahead a bit to Rutgers/a&m the following weeks. However, this is a Southern Miss team that lost to Texas St and got pummeled by Nebraska. After a closer than expected game last week I think Bielema will try to take care of business quickly here. Maybe a backdoor cover.

Where I think Arkansas will be a good value is in the dog position this year. Think they are talented enough/well coached enough to cover some games as a dog from the lingering viewpoint people had of us last year.
    Last edited by Huckleberry Pig; 09-10-13 at 02:15 PM.

curtrambus

Forgot to post this week but ship the whip none the less

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Train.

Wreck.

Karma's a bitch, you fat ass.