Halloween weekend, it's sure to be exciting. These are my strongest plays....

RUTGERS +7- at UCONN

Tough times in Storrs these days. Losing that kid to a senseless murder has got to be a bit distracting. The team flew down to south Florida this week to attend the funeral. I'm sure emotionally they will all rally and try to win one for their fallen teammate but I think the line is a little too generous against a better-prepared Rutgers team that has played tough in the latter parts of the season the past few years.

INDIANA +17- at IOWA

In a year where I'm up 24 games against the house, I've taken it on the chin a bunch betting against these Hawkeyes. Maybe I'm stubborn but I'm gonna do it again. Iowa is only scoring 24 ppg while giving up 15 ppg. This is not a blow-you-away offense. With the injury to their top RB and their toughest games in the rearview mirror (until the showdown against Ohio State on Nov. 14) I look for the Hawkeyes to win by less than the oddsmakers think.

NORTH CAROLINA STATE +10 at FLORIDA STATE

I think it's a bit naive to think that these Seminoles players are going to play their hearts out to preserve Coach Bowden's job security. The word is that there are a lot of people ready for a change in Tallahassee, players included. Today the inconsistent Seminoles are laying double digits to a Wolfpack team that's averaging 32 ppg. I'll wager that NC State has fixed a few problems on D (during their bye week) and I'll take the generous candy with their high-flying O.

MISSISSIPPI -4- at AUBURN

The Tigers are in a freefall. They've been exposed as a team that can run but can't pass. Their ppg has dropped dramatically. The Rebels meanwhile have been an upswing after some early season beatdowns. They have a staunch D and shouldn't have any problem stopping the one-dimensional Tigers. All Rebels here.

BOISE -36- against SAN JOSE STATE

This is a lot to lay, I know. But the Broncos can name the score here. They average 5.0 ypc and the Trojans allow an eye-opening 6.2 ypc. The Trojans are about to get their asses handed to them on the Smurf Turf. Boise has balance on offense and can score at will. The only score they care about is one that will catch the BCS boy's eyes. Blowout!

ILLINOIS +7 against MICHIGAN

Gotta believe that the Wolverines are still smelling of Ben-gay from that ass-whooping they took last week. The TV announcers were making excuses for QB Forcier who they say doesn't like to play in the cold because he's from California. This is the same program that complained that their coach was making the kids work out too much in the presseason. Take off your panties, boys. You heard it hear first....today the Illini gain a small measure of respect by beating Michigan outright.

UNLV +35 at TCU

Gotta believe that the Horned Frogs were a lot more excited about last week's game against BYU than this week's scrimmage. Hats off to that defense of theirs.....but....these Rebels are averaging 27 ppg. That's a lot when your team is laying 5 TDs. Hold your nose and take the points.

TEXAS TECH -6- against KANSAS

Anyone see that interview that Red Raiders coach Leach gave after last week's game, where he was talking about the player's "fat little girlfriends"? This guy's nuttier than squirrel turds. But if you have the misfortune of playing for him, I can guarantee you had a rough week. They were favored by 21- last week against A&M, yet lost by 22. Ouch! Someone is gonna pay. That would be the Jayhawks. The easy part of their schedule is over and it's become obvious their QB is too small to be effective. Good thing it will soon be basketball season in Lawrence. Lay it!

As always, best of luck.
Harry

2009 college football sides (31-23)
2009 college football totals (25-9)