Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

getting bored with football

Does anybody else think it's really not that good anymore? A lot of media hype around it, but what about the quality itself?

I'm having a hard time staying interested. And how does anybody watch this without money on it?

I guess it's my bye week. lol
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 10-24-09 at 05:36 PM.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Could not agree more Dark Horse.

More so with the NFL than CFB. There is no way I could ever watch an NFL game if I did not have action on it.

The UM game today is actually really good but its a rarity.

riggs
    riggs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Does anybody else think it's really not that good anymore? A lot of media hype around it, but what about the quality itself?

I'm having a hard time staying interested. And how does anybody watch this without money on it?

I guess it's my bye week. lol
    Completely agree 100%

If I didn't have action on the games, I wouldn't be anywhere near a tv screen.

Primetime NFL is the f***ing worst, loaded with fluff, and tons of commercials!

Another thing that pisses me off is all the politically correct BS in and around the game, especially the idiotic female sideline reporters!

And how about these rediculous special reports on racism and how tough the millionare black athlete has it, and how horrible guys like Rush Limbaugh are, LOL! Yet Keith Oberman gets plenty of air time for the NFL on NBC.

The whole league is watered down, I'd much rather watch a highschool football game, honestly I would. It's pure football, without all the extra cirricular BS!

Limey
    3-3 so far this season
    Limey's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 161

Nope, no idea why you guys feel like that. I love the NFL as much as ever. Sure, there are things I don't like - the endless roughing the passer penalties and the No Fun League's clampdown on amusing touchdown celebrations amongst others - but it remains the highest quality, hardest fought, most outstanding football imagineable.

Frankly, if you ONLY watch the NFL in order to bet on it then you might as well give up. After all, if you're just looking for stuff to bet on then why pick something with so few games?

Muddy
    Muddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3671

I still have a favorite team I root for. But I'd bet against them in a heartbeat

Tygah
    @gin.picks.winners
    Tygah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I feel the same, I didn't place any bets last week (thank god cause I would've bet a ton on the eagles -_-) and I didn't bother watching any of the games. Although another reason might have been that my team had a bye that week. Oh well, things really are a lot more exciting when you have money on them

Crayzee
    Crayzee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9053

most matchups are garbage
    whats there 6 good teams and the rest are shit?
    theres like 1 or 2 good matchups per week at the most
    gamblings the only thing that creates any interest
    the d- bagg front offices, commissioner etc put on a big phony holier than thou condemnation of gambling but they know if not for gambling i think the whole sport would go down the toilet

rezkoness69
    rezkoness69's Avatar Become A Pro!

The NFL is great football if you ask me. If you take all the handicapping out of it and just watch the game for what it is, its highly entertaining if you ask me. I used to play so maybe thats why but football is the most fun sport to watch. The commercials do suck, I agree with that. But there are alternatives if you have the resources. For example, every time a game goes to commercials I flip over to that new NFL Red Zone channel.

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Completely agree with Ricks - minus the Black Athlete part..Olbermann is the worst...Can't get over the double standard...

PAPSMEAR
    PAPSMEAR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Agreed. Can't wait for the basketball regular to start

Sharkl11
    Sharkl11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I live in bay area and would love it more if I had a good football team to root for. I want the Steve Young glory days back when we beat out most teams and made it look easy.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

I still think the NFL is the best sport to watch. True, there will be some bad matchups, but there will be good ones, too. Atlanta vs Dallas, Pitt vs Minn, Chicago vs cincy, NYG vs Arizona could prove to be interesting to watch. There may be more games not worth watching, but that's why you need to be selective. I'd like to watch Atlanta vs Dallas today and won't have any money on it since it was difficult to handicap. I won't watch New england vs Tampa, jets vs Oakland, or Buffalo vs Carolina. Those games I'd probably need to bet on to watch, even then...

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

As an Australian who is not used to American Football and only gets to see about two live games per week here I find it to be pretty interesting but mainly because I am still learning about a lot of the teams, their style of play and quarterbacks. Once I get more familiar with it I imagine my interest will decline but having action on a game always keeps me intrigued. The main thing that would prevent me from watching it frequently without having action on the game is the amount of timeouts and stoppages.

The popular spectator sports in this country have very few prolonged breaks and they are few and far between. It takes some getting used to but the NBA certainly got me used to it quick haha.

uhuhahah
    uhuhahah's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me too. I think I am watching too many fixed games.

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

nfl is not boring.. just u r getting old buddy

BillAccpetor
    IPhone rockz
    BillAccpetor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Basketball is entertainment...

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

NFL is shit unless you bet on it. Agreed DH

Machine Choice
    Machine Choice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2736

College basketball is the best sport to watch and bet on.

BarkingToad
    BarkingToad's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19211

Somebody tell me how last night's game with Arizona vs New York wasn't great? Last two NFC champs and two Super Bowl winning quarterbacks battling to the end. Give me the NFL anytime. Tonight's game so far, though

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

Tonights game is simply riveting television. I'm glued to the Eagles vs The Girls Flag Football team.