tnkwilli
    tnkwilli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Favs v. Dogs - Qt for Pags

First Pags I just want to say Thanks for the great picks and all the posts. I really find your thoughts very helpful.
    I have been tailing you since the end of December 27th to be exact. I have been tracking your plays as well.
    Today I was reading a post about a guy that tails some touts but only bets their dogs.

He posted these results:
    110-72 on DOGS or 60%
    192-190 on Favs or 50%

It got me to thinking so I was looking at your plays and noticed that since 12-27 you are according to my records....
    21-23 on Dogs 48%
    16-7 on Favs 70%

I am just wondering since this is such a short term of data if this is something you have found as well within your records.
    Also, I am curious if this is true of your capping long-term why you think your favs tend to do so much better than your dogs?

I feel like I have a tendancy to look at Dogs a little more favorably and sometimes think I bet them without as much value as a Fav.

AGain, thanks for all your input and your picks.

GL to you

BuddyBear
    Update your status
    BuddyBear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4805

I'll let Pags know about this post...he probably hasn't seen it yet....

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

tnkwilli,

thanks for your interest here...I believe we are talking college hoops right now (even though this is in the college football forum, which is still cool)...

my system in college hoops is a little different than it is in college football, partly due to the games just being a little different...in football, I tend to side with more dogs, because the backdoor is often open and it's my opinion that I'm better at picking live dogs in that sport...with hoops, I tend to play a little bit more favorites for a couple of reasons...the first reason is the home court in college hoops is so vitally important (and we all know how refs can affect games, especially in hoops)...also, I've been pretty successful betting small home favorites against ranked opponents (or opponents that are in first or second place in the conference- see Utah St. vs. NMSU tonight)...

razz and I were talking last night, and it seems that only two times have we bet favorites that didn't cover all year in hoops...that's really amazing, because in football often times the favorite will win but not cover...

so to sum it all up, I think small home favorites are a different kind of animal in college hoops and that's why my strategy is a little different between the two sports...thanks very much for your kind words again...

thanks also to buddy for pointing out this post to me as I'm usually in the college hoops and players talk forum during this time of year...

tnkwilli
    tnkwilli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks everyone!

doc
    doc's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great thread.