twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

USC (-10) at ND; is ND actually the play here?

I generally don't consider betting on ND as they're so overvalued, but I decided to glance at this game and it looks like ND is actually a very strong play at home here.

Edit: Looking especially for input from those who follow either or both teams.
    Last edited by twincities77; 10-14-09 at 10:51 AM.

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

NOtre Dame has a terrible defense, and a pass only offense. USC basically is a run oriented offense, but get's their bewt WR back this week. They also have a Top 5 defense. USC has also owned Notre Dame lately. 10 seems about right.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

USC has an offense that will score on a horrible Notre Dame defense......Notre Dame has a decent offense that will not score that much on a good USC defense.

I'm actually loving USC here

twincities77
    twincities77's Avatar Become A Pro!

I actually think Notre Dame's defense, particularly juiced up at home, will keep USC's offense in check for the most part. USC's offense is nothing special. Also, Notre Dame has a fantastic offense going up against USC's stout defense.

RICHIE801
    RICHIE801's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by twincities77 View Post
    I actually think Notre Dame's defense, particularly juiced up at home, will keep USC's offense in check for the most part. USC's offense is nothing special. Also, Notre Dame has a fantastic offense going up against USC's stout defense.
    USC has been hiding Matt Barkley when hes played, I love getting 10 with ND at home, hope the line goes up to 10.5 by game time...I am also considering ND moneyline.

bearmz
    bearmz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Good news on the injury front for ND - fullback James Aldridge (shoulder), halfback Armando Allen (ankle) and outside linebacker Darius Fleming (hamstring) are all full-go for Saturday after missing full games or parts of games recently. Quarterback Jimmy Clausen's turf toe injury is better, Weis said, but he admits it won't be fully healed until after the season.
    WR Floyd's back at practice with an earliest target date to play of 11/4 vs Pitt.

Agree with ND lines being the #1 overvalued, but USC is a close 2nd.

Considering recent USC blowouts vs ND, 10 seems awful low.

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Charlie Weis is not that great of a coach IMO, ND is definitely over rated, and I think this is a statement game for USC on the road. Inexperienced QB or not, USC -10 is my play.

Dbldown11

hope we cash this one logan.....like the signature by the way

iLogan
    Go Steelers!
    iLogan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm confident in 'em, BOL DD

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Fade the shit out of ND. Horribly overrated. They lost to Michigan and barely beat Michigan state and Purdue, which all happen to be mid level big 10 teams this year. Do you think any of those teams have a legit shot against USC. I don't. Notre Dame is overrated, USC will cover this.

Dbldown11

Quote Originally Posted by stocker08 View Post
    Fade the shit out of ND. Horribly overrated. They lost to Michigan and barely beat Michigan state and Purdue, which all happen to be mid level big 10 teams this year. Do you think any of those teams have a legit shot against USC. I don't. Notre Dame is overrated, USC will cover this.
    Actually Purdue is fighting for worst Big ten team with Northwestern and Illinois. Notre Dame should be ashamed that game was so close.

stocker08
    stocker08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 563

Yeah, thats what im saying. The only thing going for Notre Dame is that its a home game and the fact that USC has not been that impressive this year either.

USC has crushed Notre Dame in the past few years, I don't see that ending here.